Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Paddy Power refunding in cash anyone who had the fourfold. Amazing.

I'm hanging onto my slip in hope Betfred will do this but I highly doubt it, it's only £5 but it'd make me feeling abit better! lol

Tbh it's not the fourfold I have a problem with losing, I aknowledged I didn't think it would happen what I'm pissed off about and beating myself up about is the fact I bet a £10 double and £10 single, why?! I'm a ****ing idiot and it's too easy to bet on my ****ing phone.

Also wasted £25 on L'ami Serge fact is I need to make the most of the £25 free bet I now have, if I use that wisely I can turn things round....

No convincing me that that Annie Power bollocks wasn't a fix. If she'd gotten home the bookies would have been destroyed and Walsh is on the payroll of just about every bookie going.

That jump at last looks incredibly suspect.

My bottom lip is quivering, I'm a broken man, Annie Power sums my betting year up.

Got it in my head I'm gonna give the gambling (certainly online gambling) up after Cheltenham, but then I have to ask myself why not now? Why do I have to wait till the end of Cheltenham, gotta give the online game up it's too easy, not got a problem with in shop because it's real money, also I have to go through the effort of going there but online wise it's too easy and starting to worry me abit.

Are you betting more than you can afford? Are you chasing wins?

If yes then as hard as it is knock it on the head for a bit.. When I go through times like that I call it quits, I leave it for a while & then go again

I always go in with a plan, a safety net, when I'm over that net & no profit made I stop

No convincing me that that Annie Power bollocks wasn't a fix. If she'd gotten home the bookies would have been destroyed and Walsh is on the payroll of just about every bookie going.

Looks like she jumped the shadow!

Can't see it, if they pulled it off that was history that was, that would of been incredible and would take alot to beat, I can't see them throwing it away to fix it.

Least he can do.

Ah yeah, forgot she was owned my Paddy Power.

Are you betting more than you can afford? Are you chasing wins?

If yes then as hard as it is knock it on the head for a bit.. When I go through times like that I call it quits I leave it for a while & then go again

I always go in with a plan a safety net, when I'm over that net & no profit made I stop

I can afford it, Whilst I don't consider myself 'tight' I'm careful with my money and could never see myself getting into trouble.

BUT I am chasing, when I lose I'll bet again and again and again, which this year has been happening a lot. It's only a couple of quid, £5 or £10 at most but it adds up.

The fact I keep betting again after I lose trying to get it back is because its too easy to gamble online, the bookie is in my house, in my pocket, atleast if I restrict it to in shop then I have to get of my arse and go. If I can stop myself from the online game I have no problems with gaming whatsoever.

Up until this year I've always considered myself 'even', perhaps a little in profit but this year (Cheltenham to Cheltenham - abit like the tax year! lol) I'm definetly down without a doubt.

I can afford it, Whilst I don't consider myself 'tight' I'm careful with my money and could never see myself getting into trouble.

BUT I am chasing, when I lose I'll bet again and again and again, which this year has been happening a lot. It's only a couple of quid, £5 or £10 at most but it adds up.

The fact I keep betting again after I lose trying to get it back is because its too easy to gamble online, the bookie is in my house, in my pocket, atleast if I restrict it to in shop then I have to get of my arse and go. If I can stop myself from the online game I have no problems with gaming whatsoever.

Up until this year I've always considered myself 'even', perhaps a little in profit but this year (Cheltenham to Cheltenham - abit like the tax year! lol) I'm definetly down!

That's the problem it all adds up! I'm the same I only bet 5's here & there but if you go chasing them fives actually turn into 20's/30's & that's when I realise ah crap hold on I'm actually losing to much here

Oh online gambling is the devil let's face it, you just gotta have that will power or just go into it with a plan.. If I lose more than 60 quid I'm done for a month or 2 & then I restart a fresh because while I'm certainly not tight even 60 quid is sickening to lose for me

Try give it a break mate, recharge & go again in a month

Yes losing any kinda money sucks but I'd rather lose 60 over a period of time than say in a week!

That's the problem it all adds up! I'm the same I only bet 5's here & there but if you go chasing them fives actually turn into 20's/30's & that's when I realise ah crap hold on I'm actually losing to much here

Oh online gambling is the devil let's face it, you just gotta have that will power or just go into it with a plan.. If I lose more than 60 quid I'm done for a month or 2 & then I restart a fresh because while I'm certainly not tight even 60 quid is sickening to lose for me

Try give it a break mate, recharge & go again in a month

Yes losing any kinda money sucks but I'd rather lose 60 over a period of time than say in a week!

Yeah I agree, and whilst this sounds like someone with a problem I will after Cheltenham lol, it was always my plan to have abit of a break after Cheltenham whether I was winning or losing (And I might still turn it round yet...) I still have money in my account so if it's a case of that's gone then it's gone and i've gotta stop myself from depositing more.

What I will say is I only put £10's in my account at a time and until the last let's say month when all my accounts have been at pretty much £0.00p I hardly ever put any money in my accounts, infact until about a month ago I can't remember the last time I put money in account, but during the last month I've desposited £10 what seems quite often.

Like I say I might still turn it round, I've been betting on Cheltenham for about 6 or 7 years and I don't think i've ever been down after a festival, and the majority of those years 1st and 2nd day I normally am down but on the Thursday and Friday pull it back and turn it into profit.

Horse's are not my problem, football is that is what has killed me this year.

Anyway, onto the festival discussion! Let's start looking for tomorrow.... :unsure:

lol lol . Have a word. There's absolutely no denying Racing is on a par with boxing when it comes to most corrupt sport on earth. BUT, one of the worlds top jockeys and industries nicest blokes; a true horseman, trying to murder one of the most promising prospects on earth to save the bookies a pay out? Doubt it somehow.

Up until this year I've always considered myself 'even', perhaps a little in profit but this year (Cheltenham to Cheltenham - abit like the tax year! lol) I'm definetly down without a doubt.

If you're not enjoying it and you're chasing your losses certainly give it a break. What you have to tell yourself is you've done everything within your power before a race starts to try and extract the most value you possibly can. A big problem with a lot of people is if they lose a bet they're looking to proportion blame to something, going mad and chasing, if they win they're jumping round the house/track, it's as much an emotional thing as a pass time. All the best punters I've known over the years have had one thing in common, a structure, be it a points system, a type of race, a certain track, a combination of that and/or many other things, and one that they don't stray from. And they've all been completely dispassionate towards the game, often a losing bet is a much, much better bet than a winning one. That can be a hard thing to get your head around, but if before the race you know you've made the right call then the result is, by and large, irrelevant because you know if you keep making the right decisions and looking at things clearly, you will make money over a period of time, statistically it's a certainty. 

lol lol . Have a word. There's absolutely no denying Racing is on a par with boxing when it comes to most corrupt sport on earth. BUT, one of the worlds top jockeys and industries nicest blokes; a true horseman, trying to murder one of the most promising prospects on earth to save the bookies a pay out? Doubt it somehow.

Right so its one of the most corrupt sports on Earth, but there's no chance a race where the people with all the money have everything to gain if they win, and everything to lose if they lost, could be fixed? Yeah ok mate.

And I think you want to look at the fall/fatality statistics before you start extrapolating a (deliberate) fall to attempted murder.

Fair enough if it was a joke, that wasn't clear to me. I was in a parade ring with a few owners a few years back, our horse was leading coming in to the last, fell and died instantly, one of the connections of the horse who profited from our misfortune cheered when our horse went down, went ballistic, our trainer calmly walked over and put him in his place, shall we say. I've heard hundreds, if not thousands of comments of that nature made in anger, and it infuriates me something rotten.

Oh no don't get me wrong I love horses and that's the main reason I follow the sport. Occassionally making money from them is secondary to me (mainly because I rarely make a profit). I thought my lasagna joke was quite funny but it seems most people find my sense of humour pretty shite these days! Especially the Mrs.

Bookies reckon Annie Power saved that at least 40 million quid pay outs today alone, let alone how many accas/multiples she would've been in across the week.

Had a good day, 60 notes back from The Druids Nephew and 80 quid in free bets.

Would've been on a different level if Annie had jumped the last.

Judging by that and some of your tweets I think we've had nearly identical days lol.

Now what to do with about 70 quid in free money. So much fun.

faugheens only threat is the hurdles

He could carry the new one around on his back

He will drift to 6-4 maybe 7/4 on the day as on course guys won't have too many liabilities and the machine will have plenty looking to lay off some of the anti post players fancier prices to hedge

If willy and ruby lash home the first two the offices will smash Faugheen to pieces and price will collapse quicker than a Scouse lasses knickers in the champagne bar lol LOL

LOVELY LOVELY ,,,and I avoided Annie carnage :)

Right so its one of the most corrupt sports on Earth, but there's no chance a race where the people with all the money have everything to gain if they win, and everything to lose if they lost, could be fixed? Yeah ok mate.

And I think you want to look at the fall/fatality statistics before you start extrapolating a (deliberate) fall to attempted murder.

I know the statistics, I've actually worked at some length on very similar statistics before in the flat game. Looking at the fall in isolation, Ruby has not caused the fall, the horse has, so unless the horse is in on it, not sure how you can come to that conclusion? The fact I imagine you lost money as a result of this outcome also has nothing to do with your point of view? Ruby had so much horse underneath him he did what the vast majority of horsemen would do in that scenario, loosened his grip and let the horse find its stride in to the fence, he did not urge the horse to jump early, she did it all on her own, that's abundantly clear from the footage.

It's the political capital, most populous region and economic centre of the realms of possibility.

The only thing that stops me from agreeing with you is that he's the jockey with the best gig going working for Mullins and Ricci. He'd be crazy to potentially screw that up. Still a win-win for Mullins though as his other mare ended up winning anyway, fail to see Ricci being in on it however. There was no way she was ever going to lose that race except for falling. However it looked like she jumped too soon at the hurdle nothing more and nothing less.

Bookies reckon Annie Power saved that at least 40 million quid pay outs today alone, let alone how many accas/multiples she would've been in across the week.

Judging by that and some of your tweets I think we've had nearly identical days lol.

Now what to do with about 70 quid in free money. So much fun.

I think we have lol. Nice for me not to be chasing money after the 1st day for once!!

Archived