Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

Will our luck begin to change?

im trying to be very positive but we've been rock bottom for a while now? whats suddenly going to change :(

The fact that these games are must win and winning is achievable without hoping that the other team don't show up. We can outplay most of the teams we have left.

e.g.

If United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City or Arsenal play well, we will struggle to beat them.

If Hull, QPR, Burnley, West Brom, Newcastle, Sunderland or West Ham play well, we still have a chance to beat them. On paper there isn't much difference in regards to the players technical ability.

Spurs, Chelsea & Southampton are all games we are clear underdogs but the other fixtures its hard to say who the better team is on paper.

Yes you can argue "we are bottom of the league so surely that means we are the worst team in the league" but if you have analyzed our games against pretty much everyone we have played then you will know that argument is a load of bollocks!

The fact that these games are must win and winning is achievable without hoping that the other team don't show up. We can outplay most of the teams we have left.

e.g.

If United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City or Arsenal play well, we will struggle to beat them.

If Hull, QPR, Burnley, West Brom, Newcastle, Sunderland or West Ham play well, we still have a chance to beat them. On paper there isn't much difference in regards to the players technical ability.

Spurs, Chelsea & Southampton are all games we are clear underdogs but the other fixtures its hard to say who the better team is on paper.

Yes you can argue "we are bottom of the league so surely that means we are the worst team in the league" but if you have analyzed our games against pretty much everyone we have played then you will know that argument is a load of bollocks!

Every game bar Chelsea is winnable on paper. It helps we play teams around us which means it is in our hands, but we need to go on a winning run of three/four games and we are in with a good chance. BUT the most important thing is if we beat these teams we bring them into the mix and gain ground on them.

QPR , two strong penalty appeals turned down in the 2-1 loss to Spurs according to the match report. Another example of the "big" teams get the benefit of more than their fair share of the decisions.

Yeah as much as I don't like them, they should have had both of them. The scrutiny decisions like that would be under if it was Chelsea or Man City, would be scaled far more. I think it's what puts pressure unconsciously on referees to give the big teams the benefit of doubt when they have a little bit of doubt

Nonsense. The truth is we are good against playing against teams that look to play good football and press. It leaves space in behind and we have the players to exploit this. This is exactly my point, we have looked comfortable and resilient when we play against these teams. It's the teams that make it difficult for us. The West Brom, Villa, QPR of the league who sit back more and soak up our pressure whilst relying on our incompetence in front of goal before exploiting our defence. 

To say these teams purposely or don't try their best is an insult to our own performances.None of the bigger teams have been comfortable against us, so why would they play in second gear. A little bit of composure and we may have beaten most of the bigger teams. You think they would sacrifice or take the risk of their title challenge/european spot to conserve energy? 

True, see L'pool, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea. We gave them all a fright and the couple of points we got could or should have been more.

On any given day, and in any given match, either side has a possibility of winning of course. However, is it realistic to expect that our players, now under the greatest of pressures, find the kind of confidence and form in front of goal and in defence that has eluded us since the Burnley game? Possible yes, but I doubt it's realistic.

Looking very unlikely. I admit that team spirit is still there and some good performances but do they compensate for failing to get positive results? I don't think so. At the moment it looks like being the never ending story (until the end of season at any rate)

As long as Morgan is in the side, we will struggle,

I disagree. Sure he has made mistakes as have most of our back four, but if you actually consider the number of goals we have conceded it isn't that many for a side bottom of the league. Our inability to take chances and score goals have been our real problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got in from the game, from what I reading it was a penalty, so luck has nothing to do with it.

Just facts, we let in four goals and scored three, and was beaten in an entertaining game

I think it was 50:50. Not the worst decision against us, but we've had worse not given in our favour. Their second goal was off target before the Huth deflection. Apart from the first 20 minutes we were the better team, but the same story of failing to take our chances prevails again

Burnley were denied a pen against Soton with the game finely poised, it's not just us.

No, but it is just us with the frequency, severity and one-way nature of the contentious issues.

Burnley burgled a point from Stamford Bridge a couple of weeks back largely thanks to crap refereeing.

I live in  North West London.A.few weeks ago it was my Arsenal neighbours telling me how well we played, how unlucky we are too good to go down etc.

I don't buy in to this luck evens out over the season.We have had some patchy performances when we didn't deserve anything out of the game but mainly we hve not had the rub of the green or of referees decisions. Spurs goals today were classic examples.Our defence could have reacted better or quicker to the richochet off a poor corner,otherwise there were 2 deflections off City defenders,which with better luck would not have gone in and a bizarre penalty award.What luck!

Not just us, QPR had at least 2 clear cut penalties missed in their recent loss to yes you've guessed it ****ing spurs.

Burnley had a clear penalty missed against Swansea recently (1-0 loss) and today against Southampton.

Guest bss9401

Next season.

I yllear want to emoc over that s'lrig hypnotic stsaerb! There I said it... Oh yes, the post. We make our own luck but are due some.

I don't believe that at all about us being unlucky, look at some of our key home matches starting from the burnley game, west brom, Sunderland, Stoke, palace and most recently hull, we were tactically out done not unlucky.

We're just not good enough the table has never lied before

It's a case of when you're down and out your lucks out. However Nigel is right, referees shouldn't be "professional" most of them are big headed, arrogant and want the lime light. I know football is a hard game to referee but too many mistakes are occurring too often, football shouldn't be a lottery, it's a competitive sport therefore should have the facilities necessary to ensure that correct decisions are made, if you want over the top entertainment then you watch wrestling or something, and If things don't change, football will end up on the same level.

I don't believe that at all about us being unlucky, look at some of our key home matches starting from the burnley game, west brom, Sunderland, Stoke, palace and most recently hull, we were tactically out done not unlucky.

We're just not good enough the table has never lied before

Well it would look a bit different had the ref not ****ed up at Liverpool away (+3 points)

Yesterday Bentaleb should have been sent off and theirs isn't a pen (+1 point)

Villa then penalty on Hammond we should have had,

That's just off the top of my head and has cost us minimum 4/5 points.

The officiating has gone beyond a joke and yet the FA do sh*t all about it. And then Phil Neville on MOTD saying he feels sorry for them! Jesus Christ.

I agree with you, it's not my point, but yeah. 

But then surely by that logic we should have beaten:

Arsenal (H)

Burnley (H)

Sunderland (H)

QPR (A)

Spurs (H)

Liverpool (A)

drew Stoke (H)

Arsenal (A)

Everton (A)

Thats 20 points I think we should have got, minus the 6 we were lucky to get which would put us on 32 points. Football doesn't work that way though

You have got to be joking.

We weren't unlucky in any of those games which i watched. (Five of them) burnley, QPR, villa away and Everton we put ourselves in a position to win but threw it away completely. Arsenal a draw was fair.

Yes we had decisions go against us at Liverpool and man city, but that's par for the course away at big clubs. Its 2 games.

You seem to be blind to the luck we get. Everton - Tim Howard flaps twice to give us two goals and Lukaku misses a hat-trick of sitters. Then we concede a late equaliser whilst choosing to have three strikers on the pitch.

Burnley - pearson subs Hammond then brings on Knockaert with us hanging on. So how on Earth were we unlucky???

Archived