Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shailen

Will our luck begin to change?

I don't think it will.

It does make me laugh the way people pretend there isn't any luck in football. If you claim not being given any of those two penalties at Man City is anything other than bad luck then you're deluded.

If just half the decisions that should have gone our way had done we would be sitting pretty on 24 points or so, and we would be saying with the run in we would have a great chance of being in the division next year. I can understand referees missing penaltys, on Wednesday there were about five across the games that weren't given, but things like Facegate at Liverpool are disgusting.

I don't think it will.

It does make me laugh the way people pretend there isn't any luck in football. If you claim not being given any of those two penalties at Man City is anything other than bad luck then you're deluded.

Even if we got both, who says we would have got anything? Man City were in 2nd gear for most of the game. We score, they step it up and score again.

Even if we got both, who says we would have got anything? Man City were in 2nd gear for most of the game. We score, they step it up and score again.

Who says we don't?

Too many variables. We'll never know.

Doesn't change the fact we were screwed over yet again. That's all we can go off.

I can't believe anybody thinks we deserve to have won the Burnley game. In the 1st half we were good, in the 2nd they outplayed us and the equaliser had been coming for a long time.

this is very true. that game was the first time in my life i've ever genuinely debated leaving early, even though we were winning cos i couldn't bare the inevitable injury time equaliser and burnley away end celebrations. it was coming from about the 40th minute onwards. we barely crossed the half way line from about 60 mins onwards. 

although i'd go the other way too and say to claim we beat united due to luck is very harsh. we got one debatable decision when we were losing 3-1, then we absolutely battered them for half an hour. from 2-3 to 5-3 there was no luck involved, we were just superb. 

I think we all know where we've gone wrong and it's not a question of luck. Invariably you have to be better than the opposition to win and on too many occasions we haven't been. I agree we've put in some belting performances but we haven't been clinical enough in front of goal. You can create all the chances under the sun but if no-one is sticking them away you ain't goin' to win.

It's been great getting here but I hope if we bounce back we don't make the same mistakes again and that is from the owners down through the manager and playing staff.

It's all relative. I'm not saying that our football is so good we should be competing for Europe, but if I were to rate teams by the football they play, we would be around 11/12th for me. That is definitely us overachieving. I still maintain it's the best football I've seen us play for around 10/15 years and if we scored more goals and won more games, I bet more people would appreciate that

spot on. better football than under O'Neill. but not winning football

Ah, the they were in second gear shite - no, we just gave them a good game. Stop discrediting even our good performances with nonsense about the opposition not trying.

I'm bored off the we are not that bad a team crap now...I said it myself before.

Yes we ain't been thrashed which in a way makes it worse!

Yes we haven't lost games by more than 2 goals blah blah blah.

The table and stats don't lie....we ARE crap.

Oh and there's absolutely no reason why our luck should change...give me one reason they should?

I'm bored off the we are not that bad a team crap now...I said it myself before.

Yes we ain't been thrashed which in a way makes it worse!

Yes we haven't lost games by more than 2 goals blah blah blah.

The table and stats don't lie....we ARE crap.

Oh and there's absolutely no reason why our luck should change...give me one reason they should?

Because there is a chance that referees, for example, might start recognising fouls on Kramaric in the area. Anything else might seem like a conspiracy.

Ah, the they were in second gear shite - no, we just gave them a good game. Stop discrediting even our good performances with nonsense about the opposition not trying.

I used to think like that as well, but the amount of times this season we've apparently almost but not quite matched up with some of the best teams in Europe has made me change my mind. I now think the better clubs are so much better than us that they can, and have, conserved energy during our games, doing just enough to win with plenty left in the tank.

It's the only logical way to explain how we've routinely looked quite good against them only for our performances to collapse like clockwork against lesser opposition.

Because there is a chance that referees, for example, might start recognising fouls on Kramaric in the area. Anything else might seem like a conspiracy.

We'miss the resulting pens its been so long!!!!

Performances aren't about doing well in a game of 90mins.its like a racing car doing 0-60in 3secs then the f""king pistons fly through the bonnet horrible thing to say but football is all about the three points. No one gives a toss if you hit the post six times if on 90 mins Morgan gives away an own goal. No such thing as bad and good luck

I used to think like that as well, but the amount of times this season we've apparently almost but not quite matched up with some of the best teams in Europe has made me change my mind. I now think the better clubs are so much better than us that they can, and have, conserved energy during our games, doing just enough to win with plenty left in the tank.

It's the only logical way to explain how we've routinely looked quite good against them only for our performances to collapse like clockwork against lesser opposition.

Nonsense. The truth is we are good against playing against teams that look to play good football and press. It leaves space in behind and we have the players to exploit this. This is exactly my point, we have looked comfortable and resilient when we play against these teams. It's the teams that make it difficult for us. The West Brom, Villa, QPR of the league who sit back more and soak up our pressure whilst relying on our incompetence in front of goal before exploiting our defence. 

To say these teams purposely or don't try their best is an insult to our own performances.None of the bigger teams have been comfortable against us, so why would they play in second gear. A little bit of composure and we may have beaten most of the bigger teams. You think they would sacrifice or take the risk of their title challenge/european spot to conserve energy? 

Performances aren't about doing well in a game of 90mins.its like a racing car doing 0-60in 3secs then the f""king pistons fly through the bonnet horrible thing to say but football is all about the three points. No one gives a toss if you hit the post six times if on 90 mins Morgan gives away an own goal. No such thing as bad and good luck

I agree, it's our ability to turn performances into results which has cost us. However usually the two are highly linked. More often or not, if we play well we will get the results. 

Can't legislate for the sort of decisions like the Kramaric should be pen against Man City or the Lpool pen that was given. We're way off the pace though, more than the bad decisions have cost us. Also need to consider that we may not have scored said penalties and others around us may have been subject to poor decisions too.

spot on. better football than under O'Neill. but not winning football

Yeah glad someone else shares my view. The general play has been really good, we give everyone a game, create chances and defend well for the most part. But individual mistakes in defence and spurning chances has cost us this season. We have almost been punished for this every time. Maybe under O'Neil we were a more resilient group, but the football wasn't anywhere near as good. I don't want us to change the style we play, just learn to take our chances and defend properly for the whole game

Archived