Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

40 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

You started playing July 2016?  

Got banned for spoofing September that year -- sometimes my personality is a little prone to thinking I can get away with things to which it usually ends in blowing up in my face, and in that case that's what happened. I started out enjoying the game just as anyone else but seeing who & what was dominating the gyms compared to what I was being served up with catchwise locally just pushed me into taking the easiest, short term means of getting what I wanted long term - through greed and jealousy basically. Was fun for a little while though lol half of Leicester was mine most those nights and I'd be spoofing to Tokyo going from Magmar nest to Lickitung nest to Dratini nest to Pikachu nest to 100% IV Lapras to this that and the other, posting updates to the plebs on here when I could . . . but yeah then I got banned and someone tried using it as a stick to beat me with in gen chat afterward on something completely unrelated.

lvl.31 now anyway, the stardust drain is real - I'm struggling to stay above 200,000. Though almost everyhing else is clicking together well, I'm carrying a varied and powerfull deck of 'mons and the local gyms are allowing me to squeeze in for the night most of the time.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Got banned for spoofing September that year -- sometimes my personality is a little prone to thinking I can get away with things to which it usually ends in blowing up in my face, and in that case that's what happened. I started out enjoying the game just as anyone else but seeing who & what was dominating the gyms compared to what I was being served up with catchwise locally just pushed me into taking the easiest, short term means of getting what I wanted long term - through greed and jealousy basically. Was fun for a little while though lol half of Leicester was mine most those nights and I'd be spoofing to Tokyo going from Magmar nest to Lickitung nest to Dratini nest to Pikachu nest to 100% IV Lapras to this that and the other, posting updates to the plebs on here when I could . . . but yeah then I got banned and someone tried using it as a stick to beat me with in gen chat afterward on something completely unrelated.

lvl.31 now anyway, the stardust drain is real - I'm struggling to stay above 200,000. Though almost everyhing else is clicking together well, I'm carrying a varied and powerfull deck of 'mons and the local gyms are allowing me to squeeze in for the night most of the time.

Glad your back enjoying it. Same account? Better check those legacy move sets.

I deleted mine if IV wasn’t super high.

Gengar, snorlax, Lapras, exeguttor. All high value trades now.

Clean slate, started a new account mid-October. Niantic's first ban waves were more of a purge, spoofed and bot accounts probably took up the majority of the player base - it was that mad. I thought they'd want to keep people on who had put a good amount of time playing legit but they went full French revolution.

20181207-003951.jpg

and the top deck

20181207-011225.jpg

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

On 04/12/2018 at 20:33, Great Boos Up said:

Thinking about swaps on this thread; we could post wants. I've a few spare Shiny Mareep. Keep trading to Ultra friend and I could keep one spare and pop down your end at a weekend for one minute no problem.

Any spare legendary is fine ~ might get a lucky one. If not anything, a pidgey, I don't need much.

PS team mystic would help

BTW, what’s your Pokémon Go user name? I’m sure we’re friends but you’re not called Boo’ Up?

General question to you professionals @Great Boos Up @Jaspa :

What benefit do you get from having a 100% IV Pokémon? I’m more of a collector (Gotta catch ‘em all), but as far as I can see there was no benifit (until PVP comes into play). I mean with enough time I can beat any gym no matter the opponent?

3 hours ago, Phube said:

General question to you professionals @Great Boos Up @Jaspa :

What benefit do you get from having a 100% IV Pokémon? I’m more of a collector (Gotta catch ‘em all), but as far as I can see there was no benifit (until PVP comes into play). I mean with enough time I can beat any gym no matter the opponent?

Good question!

In terms of % a 100% pokemon is not 10% better than a 90% pokemon but in battle if may give you an edge.

Take Blissey, it's massive HP is it's defence! so a high IV with attack will annoy anyone taking it down as they will lose a few mons in the process. On the other hand Machamp is an attacker so it's offensive stats are high anyway. A HP, defence will keep it in battle longer.

Movesets are vital. A fast attack and a charged attack. I deleted so many great pokemon before the TM's were available because I thought I would be stuck with a poor moveset. check out https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-list to check your best.

This will give you your 10% from a poor moveset to a best moveset.

Myself and Jaspa are battlers, we want the gyms and as Jaspa has stated we will go to extreme lengths to keep them. He spoofed and I made two accounts ( which is not fair really )

Everyone now can beat any gym, but another colour may struggle against the likes of Jaspa and myself as will be throwing Golden raz at our mons in a gym.

(Yes we probably watch) So you have half an hour to beat them.

I myself have stood for hours (in rain and snow) taking 100+ golden razberries of the holders. 

You are a collector; the thrill is just the same; a 100% is a perfect pokemon, there are no better to collect.

Plus as Jaspa has mentioned he will have lost so much XP and stardust while spoofing that he started again. But back then the game gave nothing and gyms could be impenetrable. That's the task. It's not easy and takes time and persistence. It's slowly becoming a more social game which is why Captain (and myself ) struggle. We liked "the loneliness of the long distance runner" scenario and are not interested in PVP. Now if you wanna catch em all you have to be sociable.

Levelling up is so much easier now, so when you hit 40 you will delete an 80% and replace it with a better, preferable perfect 100%

Happy hunting and I'll pop down to any pokestop your end to trade what ever you fancy.

PS: I don't hang about but I am a hugger.

• Like 2

Weekly bonus came in good

20181209-185624.jpg

On the IV thing Booze Up's covered it all really well. A high IV 'mon is only an incremental improvement on the average, there isn't a huge advantage but it will buy you a second here and there in battles and everyone wants their Pokemon to be the very best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

If it helps @Phube "catch 10 pokemon" field research task for December gives you a Magikarp and a better chance of it being a shiny like @Jaspa has just caught from his seven day reward. 

I never seem to be ‘lucky’ with eggs, I’ve now hatched 941 of them - 0 shinys! :(

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:22, Great Boos Up said:

I've been in collaboration from someone who plays ingress who I meet regularly on my night walks. We trade a few pokemon. I logged in to help. He got a new pokestop! It's seems complex and something out of the matrix but it's what the geographic game is founded on. Portals linking nodes of interest. An area cell if you like.

Possibly a new gym next?

Update: several new pokestops in the village and two existing stops have been upgraded to gyms.

One gym his end and the other mine :ph34r:

Additional: yippee! an ingress portal just approved out side my house (a soon to be pokestop)

Edited by Great Boos Up

16 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Another 2 pokestops and another gym. Sileby is a Mecca. 

Niantic don’t care. Ingress works.

Have you seen Syston recently? That started with 2 gyms in the whole town I think and now it's up to 8 

Goscote has three within 30 seconds of each other as well. 

6 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Have you seen Syston recently? That started with 2 gyms in the whole town I think and now it's up to 8 

Goscote has three within 30 seconds of each other as well. 

Another new pokestop today. Which could mean a 6th gym in a place half the size of Syston.

The plan is for 8.

Greedy yellows still want them all.

Spent an hour taking 50 golden razzes of a gym last night. Not moaning, it's fun.

So long as I have a hat, a charger, an emergency can of beer and my vape stick I'm really quite happy. Sometimes I leave them at minimum HP and wait for someone to raz them.

@Great Boos Up

I just challenged you to a battle and you didn’t accept what are you? Chicken?

:D

I guess you need to both be online at the same time and it doesn’t show you if your friend is online or not. if anyone wants a scrap today message in here I’m Bengar in the game so we need to be ultra friends or higher.

55 minutes ago, Captain... said:

@Great Boos Up

I just challenged you to a battle and you didn’t accept what are you? Chicken?

:D

I guess you need to both be online at the same time and it doesn’t show you if your friend is online or not. if anyone wants a scrap today message in here I’m Bengar in the game so we need to be ultra friends or higher.

Sorry, didn't realise. Not sure how to tell if someone is live. Often if I'm stuck in a traffic jam I leave the app on just to clock up distance. Plus remember I have two accounts so may be on one or the other.

Spathea: Bad ass account

Galeae: Shiny account

19 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Sorry, didn't realise. Not sure how to tell if someone is live. Often if I'm stuck in a traffic jam I leave the app on just to clock up distance. Plus remember I have two accounts so may be on one or the other.

Spathea: Bad ass account

Galeae: Shiny account

I was just messing, trying to figure out the new battle system. Interesting you didn’t get any notification it was your Galeae account BTW.

It didn’t stop me trying to battle you but I didn’t know if that meant you were online or they just hadn’t factored that in.

I’m still up for a battle

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

@Great Boos Up some good battles there need to refine my tactics will come back stronger got 1 Sinnoh stone for my troubles

Didn't really know what was going on. Good rewards though.

We did all three levels I believe.

Don't understand the point of shields, it just makes your first mon fast attack only until they run out. The shield came up even if I didn't want it. Perhaps I was tapping the place.

14 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Didn't really know what was going on. Good rewards though.

We did all three levels I believe.

Don't understand the point of shields, it just makes your first mon fast attack only until they run out. The shield came up even if I didn't want it. Perhaps I was tapping the place.

I think the shields are the tactical game changer, you can decide not to use your shield, but I do keep on activating it without thinking whilst screen tapping. I might change where I tap to attack.

I just got stardust and Sinnoh stone rewards did you get anything good for winning the ultra league battle?

You can train against the trainers through the nearby Pokémon screen swipe left to train I got a reward for the first one, 500 stardust don’t know if anything else is possible.

Edited by Captain...

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I think the shields are the tactical game changer, you can decide not to use your shield, but I do keep on activating it without thinking whilst screen tapping. I might change where I tap to attack.

I just got stardust and Sinnoh stone rewards did you get anything good for winning the ultra league battle?

You can train against the trainers through the nearby Pokémon screen swipe left to train I got a reward for the first one, 500 stardust don’t know if anything else is possible.

Sinnoh Stone, then 500 stardust. I don't recall what I got for the Master battle

• Like 1