Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

As for eggs, after the regional hatching event I changed my egg policy and now aim to only have 2k eggs in my bag. So I walked off all the 10, 7, 5k eggs and every time I hatch one I wait to see what my next egg from a poke stop is before incubating. This way I can always clear space quicker when egg events happen.

I have no idea what this post is about but it keeps making me laugh. Those words together in particular.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Patiently waiting for my first Sinnoh Stone. Still can't decide which of these bad boys to evolve first.SinnohPokemon.thumb.JPG.cb5ff246bddd6d1f3b70b0099609aff8.JPG

You don’t have the candy for togetic, you probably have lots of high powered Fire types, Entei, Moltres and Ho-oh all superior to Magmortar. I’d go for Rhyperior if I were you. Top Rocker and second best grounder in the game.

Edited by Captain...

17 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Patiently waiting for my first Sinnoh Stone. Still can't decide which of these bad boys to evolve first.SinnohPokemon.thumb.JPG.cb5ff246bddd6d1f3b70b0099609aff8.JPG

Well according to some random Pokémon Go website the best ones to revolve are either Sneasel or Roselia. No idea why though?!

I went with Rhydon; but he went from Earthquake to Surf? :blink:

EACF90AB-ABCE-4233-83F2-EC6CF85B1BF8.png

3 hours ago, Phube said:

Well according to some random Pokémon Go website the best ones to revolve are either Sneasel or Roselia. No idea why though?!

I went with Rhydon; but he went from Earthquake to Surf? :blink:

EACF90AB-ABCE-4233-83F2-EC6CF85B1BF8.png

https://pokemongohub.net/post/guide/using-the-sinnoh-stone-how-to-prioritize-your-evolutions/

This goes through the reasoning. Roserade is top poison type and Weavile is a top Ice and Dark attacker if not the best in either but has double typing.

Found a shiny eevee yesterday. Just a shame it's IVs are trash. Oh well.

Getting close to finally completing the 'Evolve a magikarp' task. Been stuck with that one for weeks now, slowly building up the candy... With all the events we've had recently it seems like they've taken over the majority of would-be magikarp spawns, as I've barely found any.

Picked up the switch game at the weekend, haven't played it much yet though. Still finding some of the slight alterations to the mechanics a bit strange (wild pokemon 'battles', etc), but it seems an enjoyable game nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Found a shiny eevee yesterday. Just a shame it's IVs are trash. Oh well.

Getting close to finally completing the 'Evolve a magikarp' task. Been stuck with that one for weeks now, slowly building up the candy... With all the events we've had recently it seems like they've taken over the majority of would-be magikarp spawns, as I've barely found any.

Picked up the switch game at the weekend, haven't played it much yet though. Still finding some of the slight alterations to the mechanics a bit strange (wild pokemon 'battles', etc), but it seems an enjoyable game nonetheless.

Is the new switch game any good? How does it work with PoGo can you transfer your over powered legendary pokemon to let's go  and just boss it from the start or does the transfer system not work like that?

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Is the new switch game any good? How does it work with PoGo can you transfer your over powered legendary pokemon to let's go  and just boss it from the start or does the transfer system not work like that?

I've not linked the two yet. Playtime has been minimal so far unfortunately, but from what I've read that feature only 'unlocks' sometime around the 6th gym.

Honestly the let's go games don't appeal to me at all: Screw paying full price for a remake with nothing more than better graphics and a simplification of the catching and training processes.  Were it a remake with essentially the same mechanics but an expanded post-game and modernised p2p then perhaps we'd be having a different conversation.  For now I'll be holding out for a more traditional main series game on the switch later down the line but if this is the new normal for pokemon games then I may well have made my last catch.. haven't been all that impressed by pokemon since the Black/White games came out so maybe I've simply outgrown it and should leave it to the kids and manchildren. 

22 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

This task is hard. Nearly done and now I see it takes 400 candies to evolve! That's a lot of rare candy!

I believe it’s really only possible if you have Let’s Go: Pika/Eevee.

2 hours ago, syston_fox said:

2 days to spare? Is there a time limit on this one or do you just mean that the regular spawns you need will change in two days?

Fairly sure it's just the spawns that change.

Just about managed to finish the quest line myself, had an aerodactyl already stacked from the 'Lets Go: Hatch 2 Eggs' field research task, and when it popped up it was all shiny and purple! Happy with that :D Just need to catch another anorith on my way home (sick of the damn things, had to catch loads with Pinaps so I could evolve them for the task that gives you Scyther - needed the candy for the evolution task), and I'll be done.

The 10 raids task was a pain, that really should have been the last stage of the quest line so you could take your time with it, rather than rushing so I could do the rest of the stages with the boosted spawns.

4 hours ago, syston_fox said:

2 days to spare? Is there a time limit on this one or do you just mean that the regular spawns you need will change in two days?

Yeah as above! The need to catch Cubones, Kabuto, Anorith and Omanytes. As well as Aerodactyl. Would have taken an age with out the special event being on...

(Second Sinnoh evolve. A 98% Weavile)

I've been in collaboration from someone who plays ingress who I meet regularly on my night walks. We trade a few pokemon. I logged in to help. He got a new pokestop! It's seems complex and something out of the matrix but it's what the geographic game is founded on. Portals linking nodes of interest. An area cell if you like.

Possibly a new gym next?