Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

36 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

(Second Sinnoh evolve. A 98% Weavile)

I've been in collaboration from someone who plays ingress who I meet regularly on my night walks. We trade a few pokemon. I logged in to help. He got a new pokestop! It's seems complex and something out of the matrix but it's what the geographic game is founded on. Portals linking nodes of interest. An area cell if you like.

Possibly a new gym next?

I actually don’t understand anything you just said after ‘logged’? :dunno:

45 minutes ago, Phube said:

I actually don’t understand anything you just said after ‘logged’? :dunno:

Niantic, the creators of PoGo previously made a game called Ingress which is similar in the way it uses Geographically and culturally important locations of interest as "nodes, terminals" or in Pokemon's case; "Gyms & Pokestops".

Pokemon Go is built using assets of Ingress so the games interlap in ways and one of the things you can do in Ingress is add points of interest, which in turn can add Pokestops and Gyms to PoGo.

Got given a 5km egg from my 70km of Adventure sync bonuses today. Best thing I got in the last week has been a 100% Sneasel but I dont have the candies for it yet, I'm also still trying to get through the Meltan 10 Gyms task and missed out on the one for today, think I should be able to acquire the bits for the later Meltan tasks before I get to it though.

Nearly level 30 now which isn't bad for a month and a half, community weekend looks awesome if it's like how they usually do it, only for a whole two days - not just a couple hours. I'm coming quite accustomed to seeing a glassworks place in Loughborough pop up on my gifts list, I'm sure one of you lads is like level 28 but only walked 60km on the game lol I can imagine how long you've had a phone sat by your side at home/work spinning the same stop hoping for GPS drift

10 hours ago, Phube said:

How do people know their Pokémon’s LV stat?

On iPhone I use the app PokeGenie. Pain in the backside to check as you have to screenshot every pokemon, and upload the screenshots 1 by 1 (unless you buy a premium subscription), but as iOS doesnt allow apps to overlay the screen like Android does I think it's the only way :( 

But on that note, I checked the IVs on the Meltan I got from the quest line, and it's my first 100% :D. Now just need the long, hard slog to get the 400 candy to evolve the damn thing.

Stupid game, so many sites said the research reward changed at 8pm tonight. So I waited nearly 3 days to claim it at 8 today to get a legendary Pokemon, but it wasn’t 8 it was 9pm so I’ve now got another stupid shedninja thing that takes loads of balls to catch to have a shitty Pokemon that should be a bi product of an evolution and not a catch in its own right. 

Ok I should have double checked the timing, but the only reason it was even a consideration was because November’s reward was so shitty. How can you have a mechanic that gives you a legendary one month and a piece of shit the next month. Snorlax was bad enough but shit-ninja is such a poke-non it is beyond belief. Why it hasn’t been ho-oh and rayquaza to complete gen 2 is equally baffling.

Finally I still don’t understand why the app alerts can’t convert the time to the local time it’s not difficult. So now I’ve now got my weekly rewards all out of sync, for no reason stupid bloody game.

lol Captain... I waited until 11 and got my first Zapdos. And Shit-ninja is just that

Finding this Community event a complete ballache to be honest, Chikorita, Bulbasaur & Charmarder are taking 3+ balls each an encounter, with multiple berries to boot sometimes too. I've just come in from a wonder around and I had to go up town just to keep amoungst the Pokestops to stay stocked up while tiptoeing around ze drunkards and lads who've made their car sound like an automatic gun. Caught a few shinies though, running theme of high IV low CP is still prevailing too though - I havent caught a 100% anything in more than a week.

Does this run all the way through tomorrow(Sunday) night then or have I got to peel myself up & out after the Fury Wilder fight to trudge around in fallen leafs & sleet again?

Edited by Jaspa

10 hours ago, Captain... said:

Stupid game, so many sites said the research reward changed at 8pm tonight. So I waited nearly 3 days to claim it at 8 today to get a legendary Pokemon, but it wasn’t 8 it was 9pm so I’ve now got another stupid shedninja thing that takes loads of balls to catch to have a shitty Pokemon that should be a bi product of an evolution and not a catch in its own right. 

Ok I should have double checked the timing, but the only reason it was even a consideration was because November’s reward was so shitty. How can you have a mechanic that gives you a legendary one month and a piece of shit the next month. Snorlax was bad enough but shit-ninja is such a poke-non it is beyond belief. Why it hasn’t been ho-oh and rayquaza to complete gen 2 is equally baffling.

Finally I still don’t understand why the app alerts can’t convert the time to the local time it’s not difficult. So now I’ve now got my weekly rewards all out of sync, for no reason stupid bloody game.

I just assumed it would be a midnight change and got the stupid Shedninja! But luckily I got two Nincadia(?) from research and was able to evolve a Ninjask thus completing 3 more Hoenn from my Pokèdex. So good in the end.

I’m finding the Community day useful for filling up on Dratini and Beldum berries so not all bad! 

Just haven’t got any of the shiny’s i need yet: Mareep, Chikorita, Larvitar and more Eevees!

Frustrating weekend.

Didn't realise the weekly research breakthrough didn't change until late, so I opened it up and got the crappy November reward (after holding onto it a few days).

Been up visiting my partner's family nr Durham for the weekend, but in the little villages in the county so f* all spawned there, and not a single pokestop for miles around... Managed to catch a bunch when we went over to the Metrocentre, but wasn't there long enough to make the most of it.

After all that, I'm left with about 10 pokeballs and no shinies to show for it. Managed to get a Tyranitar (had hatched one larvitar before the weekend, but that was it) and Dragonite, at last, but that was about it.

Got Dratini, Larvitar, Beldum, Squirtle & Mareep shinies with another Cyndaquil & Pikachu ontop of that - none with really decent IVs so i might trade them if I get decent offers. Really wanted a shiny Charmander but no joy.

Really tore this weekend a new one to be honest, nearly level 31 and I'm now packing a couple decent IV Dragonites, Tyranitars & Metagross; aswell as Ampharos, Zapdos, Espeon, Venusaur & Charizard - most with their community day special moves. Even caught a perfect Eevee yesterday aswell lol with my walking earning enough candies to evolve a perfect Sneasel!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Some of my second (shiny only) account.

Bottom left you may notice the new shiny Aloan Raichu

Obviously I do play this game a lot.

Question: How many Magikarps have you seen?

I’m at 634, and still no shiny! :(

I’ve caught 720 magikarp and only 1 shiny, managed to add the missing community day shinies at the weekend except Charmander. Puts me at 21 different shinies now.

@Xen I feel your pain on the research reward. The stupid thing is I had done it before with suicine( in hindsight a good thing as Shedninja is so crap) and learnt that it changed later in the day but loads of sites said it changes at 8pm GMT not 9pm. 

I also completely missed Nincada in the research rewards as I had been saving my research tasks to help with Meltan research tasks. I assume that has gone now.

On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:02, Phube said:

My top 3 wants are Magikarp, Swablu and Mareep! :(

Thinking about swaps on this thread; we could post wants. I've a few spare Shiny Mareep. Keep trading to Ultra friend and I could keep one spare and pop down your end at a weekend for one minute no problem.

Any spare legendary is fine ~ might get a lucky one. If not anything, a pidgey, I don't need much.

PS team mystic would help