Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Mark Davies - Is he pushing for a start?

He's come in as a sub 3 times. Incidentally, I've only watched him once (vs Southend) and he looked good despite being short of match fitness, and we've read good reports on him against Carlisle.

The shame in all this is that someone has to give way, most likely Bruno Berner, who has done a solid job. Another alternative is to play Berner at left back and sacrifice grandpa Chris Powell.

But I think he should start against Posh.

He's come in as a sub 3 times. Incidentally, I've only watched him once (vs Southend) and he looked good despite being short of match fitness, and we've read good reports on him against Carlisle.

The shame in all this is that someone has to give way, most likely Bruno Berner, who has done a solid job. Another alternative is to play Berner at left back and sacrifice grandpa Chris Powell.

But I think he should start against Posh.

that would be so cool!!

He's definitely got something about him that's for sure. I'd be inclined to start him ahead of Berner in the middle; what we do with him though I'm not too sure. It's be a little harsh to drop Bruno seeing as he's been playing fairly well recently, but I can't help but feel that Davies would give us a much greater attacking threat.

Either way I'm not too fussed, but I think Pearson will stick with Bruno in the middle for now.

He's definitely got something about him that's for sure. I'd be inclined to start him ahead of Berner in the middle; what we do with him though I'm not too sure. It's be a little harsh to drop Bruno seeing as he's been playing fairly well recently, but I can't help but feel that Davies would give us a much greater attacking threat.

Either way I'm not too fussed, but I think Pearson will stick with Bruno in the middle for now.

yeah but the theory at the minute is that bruno is in there to mop up and allow the rest of the midfield to go forward, i suppose davies might be able to do the same role but we dont know for sure.

If Dyer keeps up his current form then Berner could always be pushed wide and stick davies in the middle.

Although I wouldn't actually do that, not only because Dyer is bound to pick up again soon, but because that would basically be 4 central midfielders playing in midfield.

If Dyer keeps up his current form then Berner could always be pushed wide and stick davies in the middle.

Although I wouldn't actually do that, not only because Dyer is bound to pick up again soon, but because that would basically be 4 central midfielders playing in midfield.

Blanderson of the mockery had Dyer as MOTM.

In Dyer's defence, I think if he had an energetic full back over-lapping from time to time, he might have done better.

Powell, for all his steadiness, doesn't offer much going forward.

Well that's shambolic! lol

" It Was nice to see Dyer have a hand in the goal because, with his attacking attitude and skill, he was City's top man on the day, hitting well on the break and causing problems for the home defence"

" It Was nice to see Dyer have a hand in the goal because, with his attacking attitude and skill, he was City's top man on the day, hitting well on the break and causing problems for the home defence"

Well I certainly didn't think he was our top man. Judging by the ratings I don't think anyone did.

He also made a point of saying:

" a mistake by City substitute Mark Davies put in Graham but Martin saved well"

So Davies is not Mr Perfection then.

Wouldn't even think about dropping Dyer. He always poses a threat even when he's playing poorly, his assist for King's goal being a case in point. He worries full-backs like no other winger we've had since Guppy, and his finishing is superb.

I wouldn't change it at the moment. We have a great dynamic within a team on a fantastic run of form and there's no need to spoil it.

Please no.

Berner wont' really offer anything down the left hand side. No pace, haven't seen any evidence of a good cross and he's never going to try and run and beat players.

Dyer has been doing this well, maybe not so much lately. I think at the moment his final ball is letting him down. He's still worth his place in the team though, without question.

Wouldn't even think about dropping Dyer. He always poses a threat even when he's playing poorly, his assist for King's goal being a case in point. He worries full-backs like no other winger we've had since Guppy, and his finishing is superb.

I wouldn't change it at the moment. We have a great dynamic within a team on a fantastic run of form and there's no need to spoil it.

:thumbup:

Blanderson of the mockery had Dyer as MOTM.

lol

Good one Bill. Dyer was our worst player in my opinion, despite setting up King's goal.

I still wouldn't drop him, no way whatsoever. He's still dangerous to the opposition without a doubt, he's just not on his greatest run of form at the moment.

After the start to the season Dyer's made, how can he be dropped? Like Fez says - he always poses a threat, and he can turn the game within a minute.

With the team winning 5 games on the trot, surely only a forced change should be why the team gets changed?

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Would you bring Tunchev back in though for this weekend, if fit?

Davies has looked good, but i'd keep him as sub for now. Dyer has looked his best with Mattock in my opinion, he enjoys the overlapping run allowing him to go a bit central.

Would you bring Tunchev back in though for this weekend, if fit?

Davies has looked good, but i'd keep him as sub for now. Dyer has looked his best with Mattock in my opinion, he enjoys the overlapping run allowing him to go a bit central.

I really don't know about that tbh. I'm inclined to say yes. because it's Tunch, but the other part of me is saying stick to the rule.

I'd certainly start with Tunchev, I think that goes without saying.

Davies is a difficult one. CM is not Berner's natural position and I've always seen him as some sort of temporary stop-gap. Pearson felt that we were getting bullied a bit too much so he drafted Berner in there to toughen the midfield up a bit, and it was worked very well.

It's great to have such a strength in depth. Good players such as Max Gradel and Nicky Adams don't even make the bench sometimes.

Archived