Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Munzie

Kee rejects contract

Fair play to the lad, if he wants to play first team football, and he's not going to get it here, then it makes sense he leave.

Would like to see him loaned out instead of leave for good though, sounds like a great prospect.

Given his rise through the academy and links to Leicester, why doesn't he settle for a loan deal? If he wants first team football, go out on a season long loan, make a name for himself and return to his parent club.

Chances are, he will have to sign for a league one/two side to secure his regular starts that he wants. Why sign permanently for a lower division side, with no guarantee that they will get promoted? Surely it's better to seek a loan move and return to a Championship club if he starts to play well. All players want to play at the highest level possible.

Would like to see him loaned out instead of leave for good though, sounds like a great prospect.

Exactly he should accept the contract and then he could go out on a season's long loan to see how he fares. :thumbup:

Given his rise through the academy and links to Leicester, why doesn't he settle for a loan deal? If he wants first team football, go out on a season long loan, make a name for himself and return to his parent club.

Chances are, he will have to sign for a league one/two side to secure his regular starts that he wants. Why sign permanently for a lower division side, with no guarantee that they will get promoted? Surely it's better to seek a loan move and return to a Championship club if he starts to play well. All players want to play at the highest level possible.

I did wonder that myself. He'd only have to look at Gradel to see how good it's been for him

(I don't wanna hear a word about his crossing Smuts :P )

big shame thought he had a great record in youth football, reminds me of a raw wayne rooney. I can see this guy coming back to haunt us if we let him go. I can see from his perspective he needs to be involved in the first team.

I'd say it has nothing to do with how we've treated him, his steps have been perfectly normal and to find himself in the ressies at his age would seem about right to me. I imagine he feels that the natural progression for young strikers these days is to start small and move upwards, like players like Kightly or Cox have or will. And he's probably right, it's hard for young strikers to break through these days above league one. If he gets first team football and scores regularly he'll quickly be hyped and snapped up.

It's a risk but it shows he's got guts.

I'd say it has nothing to do with how we've treated him, his steps have been perfectly normal and to find himself in the ressies at his age would seem about right to me. I imagine he feels that the natural progression for young strikers these days is to start small and move upwards, like players like Kightly or Cox have or will. And he's probably right, it's hard for young strikers to break through these days above league one. If he gets first team football and scores regularly he'll quickly be hyped and snapped up.

It's a risk but it shows he's got guts.

But why take the risk? Leicester have offered him a contract and would have probably made him available for a loan move (according to knowitall's post). Look what that did for Gradel last season.

I can only conclude that all is not well between our club and young Billy or he feels he can earn more dosh elsewhere (can't see money being a main factor at his age though) or his agent is hyping the situation to the press in order to seek a better contract with City.

Well there is something going on there. If he wanted first team football he could have secured a season-long loan no problem. TBH I don't see why at 17 a youngster NEEDS first team football, the boys only just left school!

Well there is something going on there. If he wanted first team football he could have secured a season-long loan no problem. TBH I don't see why at 17 a youngster NEEDS first team football, the boys only just left school!

He's probably a dickhead, the best ones always are.

I can't see him doing anything other than pissing a lot of people off.

The article suggests that it was Billy's decision (having consulted with family). Surely Agents are there to guide young talent. If he has the player's best interests at heart, why release/confirm this story without securing his services elsewhere.

This seems to me like he is trying to put his name out there in order to drum up interest.

As you say, this can only serve to annoy. I don't think Pearson is the kind of Manager that will go along with this.

sounds like he may of been badly advised about the interest team have in him, surely it would be more beneficial for him to sign a 2 year deal with us and go out on loan for a season, probably in league 1, impress and come back here to play for us in a higher level.

apart from Millwall none of them look that appealing and I doubt he'd 1st choice at Millwall

anyway good luck to him and maybe we can buy him back on the cheap in a year or 2

I agree completely with this.

The lad is clearly very talented, but he doesn't seem to realise that the leap from Academy to Championship football is huge. If anything, a move to a side like Bournemouth or Exeter will reflect badly not only on his ambition, but also on his attitude and self-belief. His best bet is go on loan to a club in the lower divisions, learn from it as Gradel has done (who has only really become a regular fixture in the side now, at the age of 21) and keep on pushing. It would be a shame to lose a local lad who must feel a great deal for the club, and who would be a terrace hero for that reason if he were to break into the side.

The article suggests that it was Billy's decision (having consulted with family). Surely Agents are there to guide young talent. If he has the player's best interests at heart, why release/confirm this story without securing his services elsewhere.

This seems to me like he is trying to put his name out there in order to drum up interest.

As you say, this can only serve to annoy. I don't think Pearson is the kind of Manager that will go along with this.

Since when has anything other than their own personal well being mattered to a football agent?

42 goals in 44 games! wow! we should really give this guy a chance in the first team. Age is only a number talent is priceless. Offer him an improved contract and a place on the bench next season see how he gets on. If he fails ok no big deal. I would hate for to go to Exeter or somewere and become a 30 goal a season player and then sign for a bigger team in the future.

42 goals in 44 games! wow! we should really give this guy a chance in the first team. Age is only a number talent is priceless. Offer him an improved contract and a place on the bench next season see how he gets on. If he fails ok no big deal. I would hate for to go to Exeter or somewere and become a 30 goal a season player and then sign for a bigger team in the future.

I doubt very much that the initial contract offer we made wasn't in keeping with a future talent of his calibre. The managment team will know a hell of a lot more than us about him.

I don't think we should revise his contract (if this is what the story is about). Ultimately he has the option of staying with a progressing Championship side with the possibility of going out on loan for first team football or he takes his chances elsewhere permanently.

If it were me (taking my love for the club out of the equation), it's still a no-brainer. Why take the risk?

I just don't understand why a 17 year old who have just left school is sort of demanding first team football. Granted, he is an absolute beast and has been lethal with his goal scoring spree, but as others have said he should have accepted the contract and gone out on loan like Gradel did. It did the world of good for Gradel.

I just think this will be Simon Cox MK II where in a few years he will get a price tag of £2.5m.

From what I understand the terms offered were peanuts and it was a 1 year deal with an option for a further year! The lad would have been better off getting 2 paper rounds! Also there was an offer for him to go on loan last season which Leicester declined.

The comment regarding the need for him to play regular first team football as he has only just left school is complete rubbish! The lad is ambitious and has talent in abundance. Look at all the strikers at the club: Fryatt, Howard, Hayles (for now), Dickov, Sappleton, McKay, Chambers, King, Chamberlain and the rest... what good is it for him staying here? He may aswell drop down a level secure a longer contract and play first team football. With no reserve team, the step up to the first team would be even bigger when and if he did get his chance.

Is it a risk? Maybe, but the lad has talent and confidence in himself, which is obvious when you watch him play. I say fair play to the boy. Most lads would snap the hand off an offer like this and be happy playing non competetive football for another season at a big club(unless a loan move was sorted). I dont understand how people are slating him for having ambition?

Best of Luck to him and the rest of the young lads trying to make a name for themselves but have people like Dickov and Hayles standing in their way!!

Seen him play a few times and definately has talent and is a strong lad - very Rooney-esque in stature!

Im disappointed in this decision it smacks of someone thinking they are better than they actually are and almost too big for this club. If hes like this at 17 then best shot of him IMO

Archived