Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Wilcox......

we have criticised him, debated him and today seen him at full fitness, on what is a weak left wing what do you reckon, does he deserve to start, or who can we play there if not (i dont think Tiatto is a good option, opinion though) , or do we look for a pacey left side player to complement what i think on the right (maybury/sylla) is half decent.

we have criticised him, debated him and today seen him at full fitness, on what is a weak left wing what do you reckon, does he deserve to start, or who can we play there if not (i dont think Tiatto is a good option, opinion though) , or do we look for a pacey left side player to complement what i think on the right (maybury/sylla) is half decent.

151158[/snapback]

Hmm interesting question. Thought he was pretty poor today but then he got into a couple of good positions in the first half beyond the last defender which shows the benefit of plaing with width rather than a narrow left sided player like Tiatto. Wilcox is too slow and his delivery too poor though.

I don't particularly like any of our choice of left wingers. Wilcox does offer more attacking options, he does try to get forward and have shots, get crosses in.. which we need. Tiatto on the other hand is far more defensive and less effective when attacking.

How slow was he though whenever we got a corner in the first half? There must have been at least 30 seconds break every time we got a corner, surely this benefits the opposition to mark up?

Wilcox did ok today , although he started to hoof it quite abit. I was dissapointed with Gilbert when he came on , he got skinned twice which resulted in 2 goals :huh:

i dont think he did much wrong other than tire towards the end of the match. We wont bring in anymore players other than a striker so its him and tiatto for the left wing spot.

Gilbert looked pretty average but Levein said he isnt the finished article yet, but i partly blame Levein for that defeat - why change the back 4 in a very tight game like that, very amateur Micky Adams style change

Didn't do much wrong but wasn't great either. To be honest we have worse things to worry about than wilcox at this point IMO.

151169[/snapback]

Second that. Much more worrying is our goalkeeper, central defensive organisation, De Vries and our lack of concentration when things go wrong.

Wilcox was ok I guess, a bit weak on the ball but created a couple of decent openings. Was not impressed with Gilbert, my friend thought he was a random youth player against kettering :S ... it's not his fault but we needed to direct funds towards a decent striker (not counting out Hammond yet but it was a far from impressive signing).

How slow was he though whenever we got a corner in the first half? There must have been at least 30 seconds break every time we got a corner, surely this benefits the opposition to mark up?

151165[/snapback]

I found that quite funny, but probably just gallows humour. I thought he was ok today, I didn't really think he passed it at all and at least he tried to shoot which is more than can be said for some players. I don't really like either of our options on LW (Tiatto goes inside too much and only crosses with his right foot) so I don't really mind who plays there out of the two we have.

i dont think he did much wrong other than tire towards the end of the match. We wont bring in anymore players other than a striker so its him and tiatto for the left wing spot.

Gilbert looked pretty average but Levein said he isnt the finished article yet, but i partly blame Levein for that defeat - why change the back 4 in a very tight game like that, very amateur Micky Adams style change

151211[/snapback]

He didn't even look like the basic clay to start work on. Is Sheehan worse?

Wilcox did ok today , although he started to hoof it quite abit. I was dissapointed with Gilbert when he came on , he got skinned twice which resulted in 2 goals  :huh:

151183[/snapback]

I agree. Although I was livid when Wilcox was offered a new contract I thought he did reaosnably well today and kept a bit of width on the left side at least.

I wasn't so sure about Gilbert though - he got skinned twice and was only on the pitch for 10 minutes :ermm:

I agree. Although I was livid when Wilcox was offered a new contract I thought he did reaosnably well today and kept a bit of width on the left side at least.

I wasn't so sure about Gilbert though - he got skinned twice and was only on the pitch for 10 minutes  :ermm:

151337[/snapback]

Where was Wilcox though when Gilbert was left 2 on 1 for the 3rd goal?

Wilcox is fine there - he was a bit slow but that'll improve after a few matches. He got into decent positions and made intelligent runs fwd. Didnt lose the ball much with short passes and his choice of when to shoot or pass improved as we saw when he got the ball in the penalty area twice during the match.

We definitely need width on the left side - no question about that. No point having a defensive left side midfielder because teams will catch that soon enough and simply concentrate on marking Sylla. Teams will be scared sh1tless when they see crosses coming in from both and right. Channeling everything down the right through Sylla will put him under pressure and any bad move he makes will result in fans jumping on his back. We deffo need two winger outlets - one for each side and a defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder in central...

Archived