Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hull Match Thread

A bit early, but it looks like Tiatto wont be playing, shame we've got another injury but I for one am not to disappointed. I'm also not sure what scope he's got for tinkering about with the squad!

Source

FOXES BOSS SET TO TINKER

Craig Levein is ready to ring the changes as his Leicester side prepare to take on Hull on Monday.

The Foxes travel to the KC Stadium looking to bounce back after going down to Luton at home.

Levein said: "There are a few players that we can look to bring in to shake things up a bit."

One near certainty for Levein is the loss of captain Danny Tiatto.

The Foxes boss added: "Danny is struggling with a tight hamstring and is the player who is causing me the most concern."

Hull will again be missing a clutch of players.

Keith Andrews, Mark Lynch, Alton Thelwell and Robbie Stockdale are definitely out through injury but defender Leon Cort is hoping to be passed fit after a foot injury.

Ben Burgess is also pushing for a return to the squad but Marc Joseph is suspended after being sent off during Saturday's victory at Plymouth.

Play Hammil instead of Sylla?

If i was Levein, i would. Sylla has been disappointing from what i have read and heard over the past few games.

He should play Wilcox because i think he did ok against Sheff Utd and Stoke and get De Vries and Connolly back up front.

You're right, it is a bit early!!

As for the team, I'm kinda glad Tiatto is out. Now let's bring in Wilcox and have some width on both flanks, and attack Hull with some venom. De Vries should start up front with Connolly and Sylla should be dropped completely, with Hamill given a start.

The team I would like to see is from right to left

Douglas

Maybury Stearman Johansson Sheehan

Hammond Kisnorbo Williams Wilcox

Connolly de Vries

Subs: Henderson, Hammil, Dublin, McCarthy, Gudjonsson

Douglas

Connolly de Vries

Totally agree Steven , and i think that CL will go with that team.

Douglas

Connolly de Vries

Totally agree Steven , and i think that CL will go with that team.

Totally agree there too, but I can't see Joey being dropped! More chance of the team looking more like this:

Douglas

Stearman Kisnorbo Johansson Maybury

Hammil Gudjonsson Williams Wilcox

Connolly Hammond

Subs: Henderson, Gilbert, Dublin, McCarthy, de Vries

From all account Douglas was blameless for the defeat against Luton, so you can't drop him.

And I can't believe some people want Gudjonsson dropped, he has been great when I've seen him this season.

If tiatto was going to be dropped, injury would be covering it up since he is the captian.

The team I think we should play is

henderson

stearman mccarthy johansson maybury

sylla gudjonsson williams wilcox

connolly devries

subs: douglas, elvis, dublin, hammel, sheehan

Well I hope Levein isn't thinking of bringing Kisnorbo for Joey, the centre of midfield has been our most effective part of the team this season. The wingers and striker needs to be sorted, as well as left back. I'd probably switch Maybury back to right back and give Sheehan the chance to impress at left back. Levein mentioned he's going to give a few chances to those who have been patiently waiting, i hope one of them is Sheehan, but i can just see Levein bringing Gilbert, De Vries and Kisnorbo in for Stearman, Joey and Dublin.

Anyway, i'd pick this team to attack and WIN.

Douglas

Maybury McCarthy Johansson Sheehan

Hamill Gudjonsson Williams Wilcox

Connolly Elvis

Subs: Henderson, Gilbert, Kisnorbo, Stearman, De Vries

Well I hope Levein isn't thinking of bringing Kisnorbo for Joey, the centre of midfield has been our most effective part of the team this season. The wingers and striker needs to be sorted, as well as left back. I'd probably switch Maybury back to right back and give Sheehan the chance to impress at left back. Levein mentioned he's going to give a few chances to those who have been patiently waiting, i hope one of them is Sheehan, but i can just see Levein bringing Gilbert, De Vries and Kisnorbo in for Stearman, Joey and Dublin.

Anyway, i'd pick this team to attack and WIN.

Douglas

Maybury McCarthy Johansson Sheehan

Hamill Gudjonsson Williams Wilcox

Connolly Elvis

Subs: Henderson, Gilbert, Kisnorbo, Stearman, De Vries

Maybury needs to head back to RB, he'll do us a lot more at RB than LB.

I think Gilbert will feature over Sheehan. Other than that I think you're on the money with the midfield and forwards.

If only McCarthy would go easy on the tackles, we would have a pretty decent line up right there.

--------------------------Douglas------------------------

Stearman --- Paddy Mac ---- Nissa ----- Maybury

Sylla -------- Joey G ----- Williams ----- Hammill (i hope)

-----------Connolly---------De Vries----------

Subs : Henderson, Kisnorbo, Wilcox, Gilbert, Hammond

i was gonna go hull but went trent bridge yesterday instead so looks like i can add to this thread later :dance:

No doubt this thread is gonna be 26 pages long or something ridiculous, meaning a hellava lot of reading when I get back from the game. :(

No doubt this thread is gonna be 26 pages long or something ridiculous, meaning a hellava lot of reading when I get back from the game. :(

I've changed it to Pre-Match Thread, some one can start a new 'Match Thread' when the team's announced :)

Archived