Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Have we got it all wrong?

if we are to be the next Manchester City or Chelsea,we have got to take risks with signings,i wonder how their fans felt when they started throwing money about.

its an exciting time and lets just enjoy the ride

I like your optimism! 

like i said the other day i heard from a friend who was at wba the day nigel got sacked as he is itk there. he told me pearson had been sacked about 6 hours before it hit the news but i didnt beleive him lol

he also said the thais were not happy that we only just survived relegation by a couple of games and they were looking at the bigger picture and the whole season and wanted to buy big and seriousley improve the squad . 

nigel thought the squad didnt need much apart from two or three signings and that where the differences happened. 

i caled it when okazaki was signed but nigel was nowhere to be seen but my thread was hammered by the usual grammar police and stupid replies squad and was closed :(

I will take you seriously for now on

if we are to be the next Manchester City or Chelsea,we have got to take risks with signings,i wonder how their fans felt when they started throwing money about.

its an exciting time and lets just enjoy the ride

I was thinking today how our fans would react if we went and spent like Chelsea or Man City...

It's not sustainable,

slow steady growth,

we should build it up over the next 20 years,

what if we get relegated,

er helloooo, anyone remember Sven.

For me it is a trust thing. The owners go on about honour and respect, but this doesn't seem to filter down to the fans. If they were honest with us and stopped hiding behind gobbledygook wording, everyone would then be able to move on. A man has lost his job, if he was in breach of contract say so, if he was not in breach of contract, then we know the owners say one thing, but do another. In thelatter case the "fearful stick" would seem warranted.

Naive of me to think we will ever know what truly happened, but now we are staying in the prem, the owners seem to want a more hands on approach in an industry they don't know much about. A recipe for disaster, only time will tell, but I ain't too confident.

Yeah... either he was in breach and so they sacked him... or he was innocent but they sacked him...and will pay him off either was... these things never end up in court. If it was the latter then it is their prerogative... as soon as they decided they didn't want him anymore. That's how it is

The issue with letting the owners spend big is that suddenly everybody knows we are spending big. Prices inflate and wages go up. And as more players come in, the rest of the squad, who have actually delivered success for us, grow frustrated and want higher wages - leading to discontent.

Nigel knew this.

Exactly my point about Austin. Going public with a bid like that is a dangerous game. Take Caen with Kante who probably pushed for another bit of dollar on top to agree the fee.

My other concern was signing players without a manager is 'balance'. You need a coach at least who can begin to map out his potential starting eleven and tactics. Therefore if we pursue Austin where does it all fit?

I just hope in all the excitement they don't forget to post out our new season tickets! I'm sure the current ones are being replaced.

.....another little petty thing that the owners considering they are a retailer haven't really improved.

Get a grip. We have incredible owners and all these conspiracy theories are just that. No one knows what has gone on and never will

Get over it and move on.

Incredible owners don't sack the best manager we have ever had! Their track record for hiring managers is shocking with the exception of Nige, (who they were advised to bring back). It seems obvious now that they were just waiting to get the the Premier League so they could go back to throwing money around. They're no different to Vincent Tan! F***in' elephants, tacky gold trim kit, Thai flag one the stadium...etc... They looked like they are good owners for a while, but now it seems the professionalism was down to Pearson running things! The Thais are just clueless tw*** that don't know anything about football! They don't actually care about the club, just a publicity tool being in the Premier League! They should have just sponsored the club because running one is beyond their capabilities!  Under Pearson we we're doing so well, solid foundations, playing great entertaining football and looking good for the future. Now it looks like the Thais haven't learnt a thing and we will end up with f***in' Guss Hiddink! WTF!! He is as close to Sven as you can get!! I was preying I was wrong and they would hire a good young manager, but buying players without a manger in place it's obvious I'm not. I'm completely pissed off with them!  

It's not to do with the recruitment policy at all. If the board wanted to bring in a higher calibre of players them Pearson would have welcomed that. There's no loyalty in football when it comes to quality and results on te pitch

Again it wasn't directly a result of his sons actions. More the conduct of the group as a whole when they were in Thailand. They treated it as a lads piss up holiday (Pearson included). I mentioned that Nugent got sent home 3 days after arriving with alcohol poisoning. Other stories will come out over te next few weeks

In short the board lost trust and respect for Nigel and the way his attitude began to rub off on the players

Interesting qwerty. As I am led to believe the trip was exactly the same last Summer. Yet no condemnation then. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then of course.

I find it naive of the owners to expect any different. If you place young males in celebratory mood in a foreign country with a free room, free bar and free food. It's likely to occur in a lads week away environment.

I would consider it quite possible that the scouting network were given a direct order from vichai to find a player who would increase our marketability in the Asian sub-continent. That could be why we have watched him for so long..

Yep, so it supports the theory that NP wasn't in agreement with the policy of the board - who it seems decided to flex their muscles. Wrong or not, I suspect we'll all find this new approach very different - ie a DoF spending ££& - I just wonder if he's a 'yes man'

When Nigel got sacked everybody assumed it was because of the scandal involving his son. I have a different theory. The press release said it was because the board and the manager had fundamental differences in perspective. Could it be that the owners wanted to buy certain players that Pearson didn't want? It all seems very strange.

there is nothing strange.

it looks quite clear why he was sacked.

Archived