Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Porto (home) Post Match Thread 1 - 0

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you suggesting he sacrifices games in advance? Or is this in reference to the concession of the United game at half time? Either way, nothing can render Tuesday insignificant so I stand by my original response. It sounds as though you have an issue with the management decisions rather than me, but thanks for the knee jerk rubbishing of my reasoning. 

You could be correct in general but I think Sunday really we have the edge if anything, they have a game tonight about 12 miles from the West Bank, we played at home on Tuesday. If anyone is feeling it should be them. So I'd expect us to be able to match Southampton's efforts without excuse, to be honest.

Probably wouldn't go as far as saying last night means nothing if we lose though.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You could be correct in general but I think Sunday really we have the edge if anything, they have a game tonight about 12 miles from the West Bank, we played at home on Tuesday. If anyone is feeling it should be them. So I'd expect us to be able to match Southampton's efforts without excuse, to be honest.

Probably wouldn't go as far as saying last night means nothing if we lose though.

No I entirely take the point about Southampton and their game tonight. But to suggest anything can somehow render beating Porto meaningless is to have no water in the glass.

Anyone know what the prize money is for getting out the group and beyond?

Heard that UEFA are thinking of a scheme where the well-performed clubs in the CL over a period of time will be given extra and not much distributed to clubs that don't do well in it in the past.

28 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Heard that UEFA are thinking of a scheme where the well-performed clubs in the CL over a period of time will be given extra and not much distributed to clubs that don't do well in it in the past.

It's over all time, and that's correct, but thankfully it aint in effect yet.

On 27 September 2016 at 23:18, hejammy said:

Great game, difficult to watch at times (mainly cause of the ref!) but what a joyous occasion! We were not at our best but we grinded out that result! 

On a side note, Did anyone listen to the Ranieri post match interview with Stringer, he tried to goad Ranieri into speaking about the ref a couple of times (quite slimy) but Ranieri didn't bite!... Some of our previous managers would have taken the bait and probably called him an ostrich.  

I was impressed last season after the west ham game when he refused to criticise the ref when the rest of us were spitting feathers and were out with pitchforks. By doing so he kept the players focused and the situation calm at a point in the season when things could have gone wrong for us. 

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you suggesting he sacrifices games in advance? Or is this in reference to the concession of the United game at half time? Either way, nothing can render Tuesday insignificant so I stand by my original response. It sounds as though you have an issue with the management decisions rather than me, but thanks for the knee jerk rubbishing of my reasoning. 

Nothing knee jerk about it, but no probs!!!

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Ah I see, you're incapable of reason.

If you say so!!!  Obviously your comprehension of the english language is limited and hence lack the understanding to understand my post, and now have resorted to remarking on my limitations, of which you have no evidence for!!

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

We get 12million euros for taking part, 1.5m for every group stage win, 0.5m for group stage draw, then something like 6m for reaching the next round.

Then we will get a split of the market share, which will be shared between Us, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs based on where we finished last season and how we perform in this seasons competition.

42 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

If you say so!!!  Obviously your comprehension of the english language is limited and hence lack the understanding to understand my post, and now have resorted to remarking on my limitations, of which you have no evidence for!!

Very well rehearsed projection matey. On your bike...

I was basically watching Amartey that match. Despite my misgivings, I couldn't fault him, and was pleasantly surprised a few times. Porto are basically the equivalent to West Brom, rather than a one of the big premiership teams, and he still needs more time, but it's promising at least. He also looked a lot more relaxed in the team. Southampton should be another good opportunity for him.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I was basically watching Amartey that match. Despite my misgivings, I couldn't fault him, and was pleasantly surprised a few times. Porto are basically the equivalent to West Brom, rather than a one of the big premiership teams, and he still needs more time, but it's promising at least. He also looked a lot more relaxed in the team. Southampton should be another good opportunity for him.

West Brom lol 

TOP OF THE LEAGUE

And deservedly so with the industrious Albrighton to the skill of Mahrez topped off with one wonderful moment from Slimani + an all round solid team performance and further heroes waiting in the wings if need be.

Bring on Southampton - more of the same please.

Archived