Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Porto (home) Post Match Thread 1 - 0

Porto were about 3 levels above Brugge. But they looked a bit toothless up front even though they have the highly rated Andre Silva. Their passing and play were decent but you could see why they have such a shambolic record in England.

If we beat Copenhagen at home, and I see no reason why we can't, then we should be home and dry.

3 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

History. Pretty special wasn't it?! :scarf:

Replay this as often has you can...And let it digest and burn it into your Memories...

Tears well up, pride its my club, isnt this dream what its all about. A spurs fans nobodies,

Pundits wise cracked and pundits smirked at the idea.Claudio shrewdly gave us that now

Famous..Dilly ding, dilly dong

We dillyed and donged ..not dallied along the way.

Thank you Syndham fox for posting it again into our memories......

Brilliant, incredible, not really  a word in the Dictionary Is there, that Grasps that

Ecstatic , Extarcy ,Exceptional pre game moment.

Play that when whooing your girl and send her to paradise...

( after the game obviously....priorities, priorities)..:blush:

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Replay this as often has you can...And let it digest and burn it into your Memories...

Tears well up, pride its my club, isnt this dream what its all about. A spurs fans nobodies,

Pundits wise cracked and pundits smirked at the idea.Claudio shrewdly gave us that now

Famous..Dilly ding, dilly dong

We dillyed and donged ..not dallied along the way.

Thank you Syndham fox for posting it again into our memories......

Brilliant, incredible, not really  a word in the Dictionary Is there, that Grasps that

Ecstatic , Extarcy ,Exceptional pre game moment.

Play that when whooing your girl and send her to paradise...

( after the game obviously....priorities, priorities)..:blush:

Glad you liked it!

Just now, NewEnglandFox said:

Filbert was banned by UEFA? That's what the rags are saying at least. Any truth to this outrage?

Yes, it was in The Times yesterday. Apparently the club was sent a dossier about rules and regulations and Filbert came into the category of "larger than normal person" so couldn't be on view to the camera lol

Thought we were outplayed for much of the match if i'm honest.

Our physicality got us through. Great win.

Like the look of that Danilo Pereira. Exactly what we need in front of our back 4. Would've been a much more welcome addition to our squad than Adrien Silva.

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

Nah, he has a point.

The league is our bread and butter.

I don't disagree. But one (more) poor performance doesn't erase the significance of last night, it merely means the players are tired/jaded after an epic effort against a 2 time European champion. The entire club is trying to adjust to a seismic shift in circumstances, I hope everyone can understand that and accept that there will be bad days as a result.

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't disagree. But one (more) poor performance doesn't erase the significance of last night, it merely means the players are tired/jaded after an epic effort against a 2 time European champion. The entire club is trying to adjust to a seismic shift in circumstances, I hope everyone can understand that and accept that there will be bad days as a result.

Pretty sure we don't see the significance in that when we play forest.

:cap:

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sorry but that's utter nonsense.

What's utter nonsense is the manager sacrificing a premiership game for the champions league one.  What message does that give?  The message it gives me is that he cares less for the Prem, it probably gives the same message to the players, so what's the impact of that?????  We will see on Sunday, anything less then 100% commitment, would suggest they are also following that vain.

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's utter nonsense, Southampton will have played on Thursday, we should be fitter and fresher.

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm sorry but that's utter nonsense.

The Porto performance took us quite significant step towards qualification for the Champions League final stages and that can't be taken away. Now the only thing we should be concerned with is collecting Premiership points against Southampton and improving our season still more. I don't see why we should view the game as any less important or why our players should give any less than the same commitment.

I'd actually have the same view whoever we were playing and in whatever competition because I believe that making a habit of contesting every match should become as important to as eating and breathing. Indeed, it was that attitude that helped us achieve such incredible things last season. 

But so far, I'd say only a few players have really been fully focused and tuned into this season's demands and it all boils down to far too much pre-season disruption. .     

Messi and Ronaldo "we saw what Leicester did last season in the premier league and it was unbelievable, and we really fear getting them in the knockout stages of the champions league because anything can happen, they have that dilly- ding dilly- dong spirit, they are the first English team to win their first two champions league games in a debut season and we fear they will make us look like a spanish second division team"

21 hours ago, Balj said:

Totally agree - Hernandez looks a better RB than CB.  Also thought Kasper could have cost us 2 goals (that Watford like rush of blood off his line in the first half and then his flap with Huth at the end).

Had Kasper not come out for the first, the striker would have had more time to pick his spot. Instead he was rushed into a difficult finish. It was risky, yes, but Morgan and Huth were basically standing on the halfway line!!

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

What's utter nonsense is the manager sacrificing a premiership game for the champions league one.  What message does that give?  The message it gives me is that he cares less for the Prem, it probably gives the same message to the players, so what's the impact of that?????  We will see on Sunday, anything less then 100% commitment, would suggest they are also following that vain.

Are you suggesting he sacrifices games in advance? Or is this in reference to the concession of the United game at half time? Either way, nothing can render Tuesday insignificant so I stand by my original response. It sounds as though you have an issue with the management decisions rather than me, but thanks for the knee jerk rubbishing of my reasoning. 

Archived