Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

I predict ...

Congratulations to Zabbawabba on winning the first Yellow Cap of the season (top scoring for the round)! Bilo, foxesneverquit and Webbo (amongst others) showed their picking potential.

However, this is week 1 and there will be many, many changes as the season goes on. Enjoy.

Had an absolute shocker so I'm probably bottom in all leagues lol.

Renart, what's the deal with missing games? I know they had a 'default' system for the World Cup. What is it for this Premier League competition?

Had an absolute shocker so I'm probably bottom in all leagues lol.

Renart, what's the deal with missing games? I know they had a 'default' system for the World Cup. What is it for this Premier League competition?

I played the Prem one last season and there was quite a lot of change in positions throughout the season (a lot more than in the 'easier to predict' World Cup comp). I wouldn't worry just yet Stan.

Default picks are on so that if you miss a game or two you will be allocated the home team but not qualify for MP or BP. However, you only get half-a-dozen games (not rounds) at most where this can happen (can't remember exactly how many) and after that you get 0 points. What it means is that you can mess up and forget on one week and not fall too far behind (although you are definitely not going to score as much as you might have). Defaults try to discourage people from dropping out because they forgot on one occasion.

It is also possible to pick for multiple weeks. Therefore, if you know you are going to be away or that it will be hard to make your picks on any given week you can make them in advance.

Renart....thanks for the idea. Gives us a chance to gamble without losing pennies, and keeps a secondary interest going.

besides great fun.

1st few weeks some freebies before form sets in, then later 'foolsgold choice' when top teams drop points, and bottom teams unexpectingly win points.

sort out the romantics, opptimists, pessimists, and pragmatic from one another.

again Renart great idea.

getting you all worried eh eh eh ! 9 results on the trot 

fkin arsenhole blew by 10 streak badge boo hoo

Good work! I am quietly going about my business.

Just a brief round up of last week before we go into the weekend:

Top of the League: foxesneverquit with WebboAylestone Fox and Easilee  in hot pursuit.

Biggest Gain (places): theessexfox went up a massive 60 places.

Yellow Cap winner: this goes to theessexfox who not only climbed 60 places but also scored 12.1 points (1.6 points more than anyone else).

The rest you can work out for yourselves as I am off to bed. Good luck for the weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my absence but I was on a brief, but rather boozy, holiday in France. A brief update on last weekend:

The Yellow Cap was won by AylestoneFox with a convincing 11.3 points. This was a full point more than anyone else and moves him up into second overall. Notable others are wilyfox, who went up 28 places and had the second highest points for the week, and pSinatra, who was the highest climber (up 30). 

At the top of the league foxesneverquit is still setting the pace but the gap has been cut to 2.5 points with AylestoneFox's great week. lcreese2 moves into third with the biggest loser in the top 10 being webbo whose less than convincing display sees him fall 8 to tenth from second.

Other people are doing other things (some are going up and other down) with so much still to play for. I am ticking along nicely, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

A round up of last week:

All Change at the Top: A good week for Aylstone Fox and BigEdFox  sees them move into first and second, respectively; although, that might be put down to a bad week for foxesneverquit. Inside the top ten the biggest movers are DanDan, who is up 6, and Izzet is God, who moves into 9th from 18th (both scoring 10.5 - equal 3rd and 4th for the week)!

The Yellow Cap for the week goes to ShangerFox who scored 11.3 (what have you been doing in previous weeks?). and moves him up a massive 27 but still leaves him in 72nd... YabbaDabbaDoo was narrowly beaten to the Yellow Cap but still climbs 18 places to 24th. 

Notable mentions for: IanCognito (up 17), Vlad the Fox (up 21), TOMBlcfc (down 21) and Stualisz (down 17). 

Best of luck for the weekend!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having a bit of a busy week-or-two but will give a bit of a 'round-up' during the week. Naturally, a few will drop out but the majority of people are still making their picks and the places are changing quite regularly. I have been 'steady' in the 20s since the start - sometimes up a couple and sometimes down one-or-two -just trying to keep in touching distance of those setting the pace!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick round up as I haven't done one for a while.

This last week saw the return to form of webbo who sneaks back in to the Top Ten with a 'Yellow Cap' winning points tally of 10.8 (I think - it is hard to read). The same points were scored by MarkW, who climbs 13, but it would seem that SuperBru loves webbo more and gave him the accolade - there is probably actually a logical way as to how they work out where the 'Yellow Cap' goes in the event of a draw. 

Glenparvafox plays his 'get out of jail free card' and does pass GO, leapfrogging Izzet Is God on the way, ending up at the top of the pile! It is all still pretty close within the upper echelons of the Top Ten and all are in with a shout as the tournament settles down after Round 10. Outside of the Top Ten veezeeblue and Fred's fails both put in good performances as they seek to bridge the gap to the leading pack. Unfortunately I seem to be heading in the wrong direction.

Pick of the Day has to go to webbo and Beau who both had Newcastle to beat Liverpool 1-0. Having said this, a special mention has to go to Spearing's Sock Tie who was one of only two Foxes Talk Players (the other being pSinatra) who had Sunderland to beat Crystal Palace and his prediction of 1-4 was so very close to the actual score of 1-3.

Archived