Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matt Elliott Legend 3

Matty Elliott

• Post your memories of the Legend here!
  • Post your best moments relating to the Legend here!
  • Post anything you want to say about the Legend here!

SEASONAL RECORD: Charlton: 1988-1989 Played 0 Scored 0 goals (Division 1)Transferred on 23/3/1989 for £10, 000Torquay: 1988-1989 Played 13 Scored 2 goals (Division 4) 1989-1990 Played 33 Scored 2 goals (Division 4) 1990-1991 Played 45 Scored 6 goals (Division 4) 1991-1992 Played 33 Scored 5 goals (Division 3)S****horpe: 1991-1992 Played 8 Scored 1 goal (Division 4) (on loan)Transferred on 26/3/1992 for £50, 000S****horpe: 1992-1993 Played 39 Scored 6 goals (Division 3) 1993-1994 Played 14 Scored 1 goal (Division 3)Transferred on 5/11/1993 for £150, 000Oxford: 1993-1994 Played 32 Scored 5 goals (Division 1) 1994-1995 Played 45 Scored 4 goals (Division 2) 1995-1996 Played 45 Scored 8 goals (Division 2) 1996-1997 Played 26 Scored 4 goals (Division 1)Transferred on 18/1/1997 for £1, 600, 000Leicester: 1996-1997 Played 16 Scored 4 goals (Premiership) 1997-1998 Played 37 Scored 7 goals (Premiership) 1998-1999 Played 37 Scored 2 goals (Premiership) 1999-2000 Played 37 Scored 6 goals (Premiership) 2000-2001 Played 34 Scored 2 goals (Premiership) 2001-2002 Played 31 Scored 0 goals (Premiership) 2002-2003 Played 44 Scored 5 goals (Division 1) 2003-2004 Played 7 Scored 0 goals (Premiership)Ipswich: 2003-2004 Played 10 Scored 0 goals (Division 1) (on loan)Leicester: 2004-20045 Played 2 Scored 0 goalsRetired in January 2005

moz-screenshot.jpgelliottnewkit373.jpg MATT ELLIOTT leicester.gif

CLUB LEICESTER CITY HEIGHT 1.91m POSITION DEFENDER WEIGHT 95kg SQUAD NUMBER 18 PROFILE Kent-born Scotland international who started his career in non-league football with Epsom & Ewell before breaking into the professional ranks with Torquay, S****horpe and Oxford. His skills as an imposing central defender - and occasional centre forward - were spotted by Martin O'Neill, who paid £1.6million for him in 1997. He became the club's captain and defensive rock, appearing in two League Cup finals, scoring both goals in the Wembley win over Tranmere in 2000.

two matty goals will always stand out for me.

Sheff wed home - When he swivelled and drilled home at the kop end. A goal that ensured our survival in the prem. A great night and a classic LCFC moment

Arsenal home - ALL city fans will remember the 3-3. The moment when that ball dropped to matty on the edge of the box 2-1 down. His composure to bring the ball under control (something he never lost), and then his shot into the far corner past seaman (albeit off the underside of an arsenal boot). Filbert street absolutely erupted and the way matty just stood there, arms aloft, couple of nods of the head and then mobbed by his team mates was pure class.

Will never forget matty elliott. True legend :thumbup:

My favourite player of the MON era. Absolute class, and awesome value at £1.6M.

I love big centre-backs that score goals. Thinking of Matty, Walshy and Taggs all together in the same side makes me feel goddam proud to be City fan.

I wonder how many Premiership managers subsequently cursed themselves after passing up the chance to sign him before we did?

Tell me about it.

I was at Elland Road that night and our corner went absolutely berserk. If we'd gone on to win that game I really think we could've stayed up that year.

Muzzy had eight incredible years with us and his contribution should never ever be forgotten.

I think he's missed us as much as we've missed him!

as we were driving to that game Dean Saunders wound down his window and asked if we could let him in!! If I had known then he was going to watch Dickov because Blackburn wanted to sign him I would have told him to feck off and made him got to the back of the queue!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic player!! I did the scan that effectively put an end to his career, knees were shot to pieces!!!

I'm guessing the injuries actually ended his career, and your scan just confirmed the fact? :huh:

Otherwise, you've got some explaining to do, Phubey. :ermm:

Superb player who was technically very good for an old fashioned centre half.

One of my favourite Elliott moments was his goal in the FA Cup against Chelsea live on Sky. We were 2-0 down and Walsh had been sent off for assaulting Sutton. We looked dead and buried but with a few mins to go Elliott did a Cryuff turn on Desailly and drilled it home. Andy Gray about shot his bolt and said something on the lines of 'You can't do that' 'A World Cup winner and you turn him like that, you cannie do that'. It was a quality goal and showed a glimpse of how talented Elliott was.

I'm guessing the injuries actually ended his career, and your scan just confirmed the fact? :huh:

Otherwise, you've got some explaining to do, Phubey. :ermm:

Okay, you're right!! But I must say he was a really nice chap, even the nurse who is anti-footballers was impressed by what a pleasant bloke he was. Whereas Walker was a bit quiet!!

Okay, you're right!! But I must say he was a really nice chap, even the nurse who is anti-footballers was impressed by what a pleasant bloke he was. Whereas Walker was a bit quiet!!

I might him once (for about 30 seconds) in a pub very randomly ages ago. I can confirm that he did seem like a nice bloke. :thumbup:

I might him once (for about 30 seconds) in a pub very randomly ages ago. I can confirm that he did seem like a nice bloke. :thumbup:

It's a good job you didn't fight him or bite him, he wouldn't have kept up the nice bloke routine for long!! :D

He must have calmed down as he got older, my brother used to drink in the same local as him when he was at Oxford and Matty was guaranteed to get in a fight if he was having a drink.

I know a player who came to play for Vale from Leicester City, Paul Kerr he was an amazing player and did very well for us!

Also you guys took guppy from us, when you lucky gits got into the premireship !

I remember going to filbert street once and i believe we made a draw, one each in around 1996 or so..

Archived