-
Posts
5,164 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Claudio Fannieri
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
Would love to see us bring in both Harrison Burrows and Ronnie Edwards from Peterborough, given they have just been knocked out the play offs, Burrows is out of contract but think we would need to pay compo, but reckon we could get both for around £7.5m and some add ons. would be great business and both would no doubt generate significant future profits. We have to be really clever with our recruitment, pick up raw talent for competitive fees and look to create diamonds that we can sell for big profits and reinvest. We have a coach in Enzo who definitely improves players, so if we can nail the recruitment and continue to identify players like Hermansen, Fatawu. Mavididi etc that don’t cost ridiculous money we have every chance of going back to 5/6 years or so where our model was one of the more innovative of the ‘other 14’ -
Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21
Claudio Fannieri replied to Ryy's topic in Leicester City Forum
Interesting post as he seems to have a dig at some individuals about he was treated. -
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
Claudio Fannieri replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Couldn’t agree more, extending Brendan’s contract at the time made perfect sense but it should have had a standard termination clause of 12 months pay nothing more, absolute madness and incredibly naive of us to negotiate an extended contract and not agree a fixed severance package. -
The biggest issue I would have with not doing a deal with Vards this summer would be yet again the missed opportunity for the fans to say goodbye to quite possibly the greatest player of my lifetime if not our histoty. I think we need Io retain his experience, leadership and I have no doubt if he stays then he will bag 7 - 10 goals minimum as a rotation option and impact sub.. However something tells me there is a bit of a Mexican stand off in terms finances, perhaps Vards is after one final bumper pay day whilst the club are looking at it as a chance to renegotiate to a far more favourable deal. If Rudders is still in control and rumours are true that he tried to push Vards out the door last summer and given what happened to Schmichael I wouldn’t be shocked to hear news in the next month or so that there has been a parting of the ways 🥲
-
West Brom or Norwich, really don’t care as long as Southampton and Leeds both end up staying dow.n
- 790 replies
-
- 13
-
-
-
Has been good for PNE but is very much a back to the wall type defender, great in a defensive side that play a low block, not anywhere near our level or type of signing, reckon this is agent talk to smoke out a new contract or interest from other championship level clubs.
-
Leicester City Mishmash Competition - Enter here
Claudio Fannieri replied to Mark's topic in Leicester City Forum
This would look stunning in my office -
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
Initially I was against signing him given his age and the fact this season seems like an outlier but after seeing him play on Saturday I am coming round the to the idea that he would be a very good signing who offers a lot of versatility as he can play high 8, striker and provide cover for both wide attacking roles. If we can get him for £10m then I think it would be decent business and a play who can provide much needed squad depth across 3 or 4 positions -
Also another issue was poor recruitment, which meant players that struggled but had been signed for relatively high transfer fees and with being in the 1st couple of years amortisation plus the incredibly high wages we have been paying means it becomes difficult, almost impossible to move on players such as Praet, Daka, Soumare, Souttar and even Vestergaard pre this season. It so important we get our recruitment model, transfer fee and wage strategy correct and ensure we never ever end up in a position of allowing so many expensive signings on big wages run down their contracts or be stuck with players who are too expensive to move on.
-
who’s contract would you renew (poll)
Claudio Fannieri replied to Lambert09's topic in Transfer Talk
I know pal, just trying to make the point that they cannot be judged by what happened in the last 18 or so months under Rodgers -
who’s contract would you renew (poll)
Claudio Fannieri replied to Lambert09's topic in Transfer Talk
No but they were also being managed by a different manager who had checked out and lost the plot. -
I really don’t think he is looking at the exit door, I think this is posturing, there is definitely some issues which Enzo wants to thrash out and it looks to me like he is pushing for certain other areas of the club to improve and be challenged, i don’t think it’s a case of holding a gun to Tops head but you need some leverage. Enzo is now a premier league manager, the squad on the whole seem to love him, and the club has some positive momentum, if we can recruit smartly there is no reason we can’t have a decent season and his stock rise even more. People keep comparing us to Burnley, we aren’t Burnley and there is no reason we can’t come back up and do a Fulham or Bournemouth etc etc What Enzo has built so far will be very difficult to walk away from, there seems a real togetherness amongst the playing and coaching staff, but for the club to truly move forward then this needs to be replicated in every department, Enzo seems to have very high exacting standards and expectations, if he can use some leverage to force positive change this summer then I am all for it. I may be wrong but I am 99.99% sure Enzo will be our Manager next season.
-
An unnamed premier league club is actively recruiting for a Sporting Director role on LinkedIn via specialist football recruitment company. Can only hope this is us 🙏🏼
-
I think we have to accept that who ever is involved as a sponsor, it’s highly likely there will be reasons to morally object. I am not sure the perfect sponsor exists. At this current point in time, I think we have to accept that money talks.
-
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
Uninteresting fact but Harrison Burrows and Sammi Szomdics are represented by the same agency, Sterling Sports Management. -
Who do you want for next season in the PL
Claudio Fannieri replied to Fightforever's topic in Transfer Talk
My list of potential targets would include -- Defenders Trai Hune Harrison Burrows Jacob Greaves Nathan Zeze Ronnie Edward’s Midfielders Jobe Bellingham Haydem Hackney Stefano Sensi Callum O’Hare Jordan James Ben Sheaf Gus Hamer Matt O’Reilly Janes McAtee Attackers Jadon Phillogene Mikey Johnston Omari Hutchison Amad Diallo Tom Fellows Micah Hamilton Liam Delap Ben Brereton - Diaz -
When Cannon signed, Enzo said it was a signing with the long term future in mind. As you say he arrived injured, also playing the no 9 role in Maresca’s system is very complex and probably requires a lot of coaching to get up to speed. A full pre season and I think we will see a very different Tom Cannon next season.
-
I think it’s fair to say Top will most likely intervene and ensure it’s sorted. Realistically I hope his new deal is more around £70-75k mark with performance incentives and then a bonus payment if we stay up. Plus he will probably pocket a very decent signing on fee as well. I am sure it will be done and dusted over the next few days.
-
What this season has shown, is that Enzo is more than happy to utilise players from the academy and promote them to be part of both 1st team training and squads, so whilst Richards may some potential he hasn’t yet hit the levels Enzo expects for him to be in consideration. If that means he leaves then so be it, if we offer a contract does this mean we are entitled to some level of compensation?
-
Plus a signing on fee, what we have to ensure is that we include relegation reduction wage clauses, so at least if we do get relegated it is much easier to be compliant with any financial rules. Personally if we do sign O’Hare I don’t think we should be offering anything more than £40k per week and then make sure his contract is heavily performance incentivised. I think that has to be our strategy over the next few years
-
I love Vardy for what he has achieved on the pitch, however his behaviour yesterday just goes to show when he has had a beer or 3 he is a bit of a helmet, like I am sure we all can be, but he did somewhat step over the line encouraging his very young daughter to say F off to a large crowd, as a parent and grandparent myself I would be mortified if one mine had said those words in front of anyone let alone such a large crowd.
-
I am going to guess Vestergaard as a lot of fans were asking if he was going to stay or not and he seemed to be like I ain’t got a clue.
-
No benefit whatsoever in sending him out on loan, needs to learn the role of how a number 9 plays in this system, with all due to respect to both Preston and Blackburn that won’t happen with them, their style of play couldn’t be further from how we play, best option would be clubs who play similar us like Southampton if they stay down. Personally I would keep him here as I think a full pre season he will really kick on.
-
I am pretty sure Vardy even with a massive pay reduction would prefer to earn £60-70k in the premier league with us than anything he can earn with Wrexham which wouldn’t come close to that number. I do wonder if Kasper moving on was as much down to Rudkin as Rodgers, Graham Brock is very scathing about Kasper and reckons he tried to get one of his mates sacked and has no time for him It seems to me the pressure is being applied to Rudkin’s position and given last season and now the PSR position and the incoming points deduction, is making his position untenable much like Brendan when we finally dropped into the relegation zone after the Palace defeat.
