-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
I hope Rudkin shits himself seeing this. If it's true we turned down a decent bid because we've invented a ridiculous valuation for a very very ordinary footballer then it's crazy he is still in his job. Every season we seem to turn down bids for rubbish footballers or extend their contracts believing they'll magically be worth something.
-
Leicester Mercury/ Leicestershire Live
CornwallFox replied to The Year Of The Fox's topic in General Chat
Yeah sorry I meant a reaction thing but yes I could've used that if I'd thought about it -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
I do not believe for a second that Boely is interested in looking at us. But if he was....I would jump at that chance. There's no way he comes in to fail. But, as I say, I would be absolutely gobsmacked if he even had us on a super long range radar. -
No idea of the veracity of any of the below but it's going around: So the net is really starting to close in around Nigel Farage's fishy finances - as today the Labour Party wrote to the Gambling Commission to request an investigation. The subject? Mowbray Jackson, who ran a platform called Tether.bet Tether.bet no longer exists, after it shut down suddenly only a couple of weeks ago, but it appears that it was operating entirely without a UK gambling license. Why does that matter? Operating without a license made it the PERFECT vehicle for moving large, unregulated amounts of money, from outside the UK into the UK, without any government oversight. It's a process you might have heard of. It's called "money laundering". Now I'm not an expert in money laundering. π π»ββοΈ But you know who is? π€·π»ββοΈ Mowbray Jackson's very good friend, George Cottrell. And it was through Tether.bet that George is moved VAST amounts of money into the UK - and sending it on a magical, mystical journey straight to Nigel Farage's and Reform UK's bank account. Allegedly. Now "Posh George" might be a very busy boy - but you know who else is ALSO a very busy boy? Mowbray Jackson. Seems the lad was taking time out from his presumably very busy job running Tether.bet to moonlight as a data controller for a political party. And you'll never guess which political party he works for. Go on. You'll never guess. π Are you starting to see why Nigel Farage might be getting very tetchy about all those reporters peering into his finances? I'll bet you are! β
-
Wtaf is this doing alive now
-
Summer 26 Transfer rumours 'X' and other Weak Links
CornwallFox replied to davieG's topic in Transfer Talk
Not replacing Perez with a proper right winger was the difference between champions League and those two nearly seasons imo. -
Do they have people telling them to just enjoy it, it's called summer, you'll be moaning when it's winter etc?
-
I saw something on social media the other day giving loads of examples of really ornate public spaces and buildings replaced with plain blocks. As a country we just don't value things that are there for a better environment. Look at all the arguments about arts degrees being useless, money being wasted if anything isn't done at the cheapest possible price etc. Unless something directly improves share price big swathes of the media, political class, and the general public just don't recognise their value.
-
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
The fact you still think wages and cost equate to good players is genuinely mind boggling after everything we've witnessed. All of our most experienced players are extremely poor footballers. All of them. Our best players so far are three academy graduates in Alves, Baybrooke and JJ. If you have a point it's an incredibly poorly thought through one. -
Leicester Mercury/ Leicestershire Live
CornwallFox replied to The Year Of The Fox's topic in General Chat
Matlock bath is basically hell on earth also -
Leicester Mercury/ Leicestershire Live
CornwallFox replied to The Year Of The Fox's topic in General Chat
There needs to be a shocked emoji -
Leicester Mercury/ Leicestershire Live
CornwallFox replied to The Year Of The Fox's topic in General Chat
It's interesting, somebody down here has started a free local magazine in perranporth. I've been picking it up to support a local business, and they do have lots of local advertisers, but you'd think those days have gone wouldn't you? -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
This stuff with the Lal guy whose been talking to the media - sounds dodgy AF. He's worth only Β£2m and claims to have a consortia behind him? I'm not buying it. Sounds like some dodgy nonsense. Can we have an American or Saudi billionaire please -
I think this is victim mentality but I do recognise in writing that, that the argument you're making is effectively the same one minorities have used in previous years and I might have been inclined to see an issue. Which is interesting as it might be one of those things where all our beliefs deal depending who it is, which we would all call out, so I'll reflect on that. Long and short of it though, is that the reasons behind white working class boys (let's call them wwcb for short) not doing great is complex and needs addressing in a variety of ways, as we did with other groups previously. I think my core belief is that all sorts of groups face different sorts of problems and discriminations: those experienced by wwcb, often around lack of expectation, role models, cultural issues amongst the group, economic factors etc Those experienced by other groups around race, religion, sexuality etc. In the end, we need to recognise all structural failures and respond to them all, including these ones.
-
Stephy Mavididi (loaned to Watford, official)
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Transfer Talk
I don't really follow your logic? -
Where does one find such a thing? Asking for a friend.
-
If it's true we've been offered anywhere close to 8m we should be snapping their hand off. It's been painfully evident in the first two games why he's never been trusted before now.
-
Stephy Mavididi (loaned to Watford, official)
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Transfer Talk
No, he's just crap. He was trying last week in our cup game, he tried a couple of runs and tricks to beat his league 2 full back. But then couldn't get away and got tackled. They were his highlights. -
Burton Albion Pre-Match Thread (Sat 22 Aug 15:00)
CornwallFox replied to FoxesTalker's topic in Leicester City Forum
This is depressing, isn't it -
Hi now I've been banned from the general news thread could you remove the limit on posts? I was posting in the match day thread yesterday but by halftime I couldn't post any more. I understand you don't want politics and news type arguments but I'd like to be able to chat about football properly at least.
-
I think he's been told to take the ball inside he's doing it so often.
-
Skipp has been shockingly bad
-
He plays it like a grealish type player though. He'd be ten times better at 10
-
Thomas actually isn't bad if he's out wide and helping. It's this inverted crap be can't do
