Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

To be fair, it was a decent penalty. Could have done with her in Cardiff and Watford!

Only just seen the own goal against Japan, why was she hitting it towards her own goal on the first place?

Anyway 3rd place, return as heroines. The press will make a big fuss, sell a few papers, then forget them.

The press might do that, but I can guarantee that you're going to have many more girls in your country ask their parents to buy them some boots and a ball. They won't forget.

England did very well this tournament, and they should be commended. Even before Bassett's heartbreak, England already won a lot of admirers purely for their determination.

Playing in the Olympics as Team GB, in my opinion, turned out to huge boost for an England team. One could call England, up until now, underachievers in the women's game. Because of 2012, they got another taste of a major tournament, a boost in fan support, a boost in funding, and also perhaps an important lesson on how to deal with adversity with the way Hope Powell's tenure ended by losing the dressing room. It'll be a shame that England won't be in Rio next summer because the Olympics are a premier event in women's football.

Yesterday was a nice undercard for tonight's Main Event--the last act of a trilogy that wouldn't be out of place in a boxing ring. The powerful Americans that will push and lean on their opponents, wearing them down to set them up for the knockout punch. The technical and patient Japanese, who will use footwork and positioning to bide their time, going all 12 rounds if necessary.

We have to be favorites. We surely were in 2011, though, and controlled the game, but let in two weak goals and collapsed in the shootout. In the 2012 Olympics final, I thought Japan actually had the better of play, but they just couldn't find that equalizer.

Prediction: 1-0 to the USA--and Julie Johnston will come up from the back to head home a corner, putting her across the line to win the Golden Ball.

It may give the game in England a boost. If some digital channel started showing hilights of fhe womens league  there may be less wives complain when their husbands watch MOTD and will not to have the oppside rule explained to them. If it gets them interested insted of moaning surely that can only be good. And you never know they may don a Cambiasso wig shorts and shirts in the bedroom for you.

It may give the game in England a boost. If some digital channel started showing hilights of fhe womens league  there may be less wives complain when their husbands watch MOTD and will not to have the oppside rule explained to them. If it gets them interested insted of moaning surely that can only be good. And you never know they may don a Cambiasso wig shorts and shirts in the bedroom for you.

A Cambiasso wig?  ;)

I went to the 2012 Olympics and saw the women's football, GB vs Canada and my God they were bloody awful (GB that is).

When I knew they had got Canada in the quarters, in Canada I gave them absolutely no chance based on what I had seen before. It is nothing short of remarkable how far that team has come in 3 years, as they were absolutely played off the park by Canada that day in 2012.

They quite rightly deserve all the plaudits they are getting and I found myself getting quite caught up in the hype around the team and the passion and spirit they showed. It was something distinctly lacking in almost every performance from the men's team in recent years and particularly in major tournaments.

Well done to them all, thoroughly deserved 3rd place and bar an absolute freak goal, they would have had a shot at the World Cup as Japan were awful.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Archived