Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

typo,I think you meant football!Thats a way to win a final.

Haha, no, I meant to say soccer there. Was just having a laugh/being overly patriotic so thought I'd use the word that most Americans would use.

Great game by usa last night. Total deserved it.

On a side note fifa couldnt be bothered to send blatter or his number 2?

Instead some african federation head handed it over. Absolute fiking disgrace by FIFA last night. Totally embarassing and just proves blatter IMHO is guilty as fook.

I think most Americans, myself included, were happy to not see him there. There is no justice in that for us. It was about our women's national team and the great tournament they had. Great games all weekend.

Not saying that we would care to see him no matter who won but the fact of the matter is he is stll president and should have been there.

If it were mens final im sure he would have been there. Just saying

Oh I completely agree Jatt. But I think Americans are over that issue. The team and the American Outlaws weren't going to let it ruin the celebration. Great tournament and hopefully it spurs more women playing in the States. Great weekend all around.

Oh I completely agree Jatt. But I think Americans are over that issue. The team and the American Outlaws weren't going to let it ruin the celebration. Great tournament and hopefully it spurs more women playing in the States. Great weekend all around.

Of course. In general i hope this spurs canada and teams like england, australia china etc to do better and grow more within each country so that womens football is more competitive and exciting.

Haha, no, I meant to say soccer there. Was just having a laugh/being overly patriotic so thought I'd use the word that most Americans would use.

The USA is the champions of the world, so Americans ought to be able to call the sport whatever the hell we want. ;)

Are the champions.

Americans butcher the English language.

;)

We refer to our country in singular form because we are #OneNationOneTeam, and we don't really care about the English language anymore because we all write in Twitter hashtag-speak now. ;)

Guest MattP

Because it is? It's so patronizing.

Would the FA ever tweet anything similar about England's men's team?

No, they wouldn't dare, because of the abuse and vilification they would get from everyone for doing it. Even when our players got to the latter stages and were knocked out on penalties they were mocked, booed, jeered, harrassed and even sent death threats by the people for letting them down.

We certainly wouldn't be treating someone who scored a dippy own goal that knocked us out as a hero either if it was a bloke.

I don't expect the Twitterati to understand that for a minute though, they said something that makes us sound like women! All abord the Outrage bus! Choo Choo!

The most patronising thing of all is the amount of well wishes that bird who found her own top bin in injury time is getting. Someone get down her next club game and sing you let your country down for 90 minutes so she can feel just like one of our male footy players. Bet she'd be happy then.

No, they wouldn't dare, because of the abuse and vilification they would get from everyone for doing it. Even when our players got to the latter stages and were knocked out on penalties they were mocked, booed, jeered, harrassed and even sent death threats by the people for letting them down.

We certainly wouldn't be treating someone who scored a dippy own goal that knocked us out as a hero either if it was a bloke.

I don't expect the Twitterati to understand that for a minute though, they said something that makes us sound like women! All abord the Outrage bus! Choo Choo!

You know damn well that's not the reason why the FA wouldn't write something like that about the men's team.

The people getting outraged about the outrage seem the most outraged out of anyone.

Because it is? It's so patronizing.

Would the FA ever tweet anything similar about England's men's team?

The USSF is only saying that our women are coming back home as "champions."

The tweet translates into "the women football team go back home to their families as heroes".

If you find that patronising or sexist then you've got a serious problem.

Strange that people think if the mens team had lost they would have been abused.  I remember the last time the mens team lost in the semi finals of the world cup they were welcomed back as heroes.  I guess some people just want to be negative about womens football.

Strange that people think if the mens team had lost they would have been abused.  I remember the last time the mens team lost in the semi finals of the world cup they were welcomed back as heroes.  I guess some people just want to be negative about womens football.

Agreed, look at the love for the 1990 team.

Remarkable how different reaching the semi-finals once is to reaching the quarter-finals three times.

how many bouquets of flowers would chris smalling, or john terry, or glen johnson have got if they'd twatted a half volley into their own top corner from 25 yards in the last minute of a world cup semi final, dya reckon? 

also another thing pissing me off about this is that it has been constantly reported as us winning the bronze medal. since when was that a thing? bronze medalists at the world cup? isn't it just the world cup winners and then everyone else is a loser? since when did we have gold, silver and bronze at the world cup? 

or have i just been so disinterested by the time we get to this stage of most tournaments that i haven't noticed teams "winning bronze" at the world cup? 

Archived