Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the zorro

Women's World Cup 2015

All I'm saying is that they should have a thing you click on the banner at the top of the page to go to the women's football section. I think keeping them separate is the best idea. Causes me an extra 4 minutes website visit time just to sift through it all and find where all the real stuff that should be on the main page has gone.

At this rate we'll have the WSL on at 3pm satdays and they'll share pissing MOTD. I'll be livid.

All I'm saying is that they should have a thing you click on the banner at the top of the page to go to the women's football section. I think keeping them separate is the best idea. Causes me an extra 4 minutes website visit time just to sift through it all and find where all the real stuff that should be on the main page has gone.

At this rate we'll have the WSL on at 3pm satdays and they'll share pissing MOTD. I'll be livid.

Hey BBC, you might want to go change the content and layout of your website; BoneDog is having to scroll his screen down one inch because of women's football getting in the way of all the men's football that goes on in England in July of a ****ing odd-numbered year.

Guest MattP

****ing hell, just seen the own goal and that is seriously funny lol

I'm glad in a way, having to hear the women of 15 being compared to the 66' team every time England took the pitch in a major tournament would have been unbearable.

Hey BBC, you might want to go change the content and layout of your website; BoneDog is having to scroll his screen down one inch because of women's football getting in the way of all the men's football that goes on in England in July of a ****ing odd-numbered year.

Is that the same as calling for segregation?

I'm sorry but there's nothing more annyoing than seeing a headline in the football section of, say, 'Morgan completes move to Toffees' only to click on it and realise its Sally Morgan moving from Doncaster Ladies to Everton Ladies...

Of course you would.

In my experience most women have no interest in sport, especially football. If it were different the women's game would get decent attendances.

The BBC are somewhat crossing the line of getting tabloid-like news getting in the way of their usually pretty objective reporting style.

Alright, I can understand an own goal being quite the downer, but why dissecting it and even featuring a story about Bassett saying she "couldn't breathe" after she hit the own net.

Leave that stuff to the yellow press, please.

The BBC are somewhat crossing the line of getting tabloid-like news getting in the way of their usually pretty objective reporting style.

Alright, I can understand an own goal being quite the downer, but why dissecting it and even featuring a story about Bassett saying she "couldn't breathe" after she hit the own net.

Leave that stuff to the yellow press, please.

They're basing that interview with her to what probably most World Cup fans want to see; how she has responded since that incident (which is probably one of her worst periods of her professional life).

Noticed that BBC Sport is becoming slight child-like in the off-season, and producing stories that most won't probably read.

To be fair, it was a decent penalty. Could have done with her in Cardiff and Watford!

Only just seen the own goal against Japan, why was she hitting it towards her own goal on the first place?

Anyway 3rd place, return as heroines. The press will make a big fuss, sell a few papers, then forget them.

Archived