Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

2 minutes ago, The Railway Man said:

Surely that's obvious given his surname? Have we ever had a single act of Sikh terror in Europe?

Apologies I didn't mean to make blanket sweeping comments about all "so-called asylum seekers" just the err bad ones. You see I ain't racist but....... 

23 hours ago, MattP said:

So even if your asylum application is turned down in Germany, you get to stay anyway?

It really is hard to have sympathy for some countries when they continue to bring these problems onto themselves, one day Merkel should stand trial in a court for how much bloodshed, rape and death she and her policy is responsible for, I won't hold my breath though on ever seeing it.

She is a compassionate person therefore must be demonised.
I think some of the grandparents of some of right wingers will be turning in their grave.
Fight a war against fascism then we find they have created hitlerites.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Apologies I didn't mean to make blanket sweeping comments about all "so-called asylum seekers" just the err bad ones. You see I ain't racist but....... 

Apology accepted, it was pretty wrong to make a statement about terrrorism to a Sikh, they have done nothing to warrant that as a community.

Some people even in 2016 still seem to class all Asians as the same and aren't educated about the vast difference in religions on the sub-continent.

1 minute ago, The Railway Man said:

Apology accepted, it was pretty wrong to make a statement about terrrorism to a Sikh, they have done nothing to warrant that as a community.

Some people even in 2016 still seem to class all Asians as the same and aren't educated about the vast difference in religions on the sub-continent.

Nah that wasn't an apology, you've missed my point buddy. It was a purposefully ignorant statement born out of Thracians blanket comment about 'so- called asylum seekers' designed to illustrate that you actually can't judge everybody by that label.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nah that wasn't an apology, you've missed my point buddy. It was a purposefully ignorant statement born out of Thracians blanket comment about 'so- called asylum seekers' designed to illustrate that you actually can't judge everybody by that label.

You made a comment completely unacceptable to somebody, whether that was being used as a dig at someone else (I don't doubt that) or not it was still unacceptable to do that and insulting to the community of one of Britain's most peaceful religions. You owe him an apology.

As I say, educate yourself about the religions of Asia, they aren't "all the same" as you seem to think.

You made a comment completely unacceptable to somebody, whether that was being used as a dig at someone else (I don't doubt that) or not it was still unacceptable to do that and insulting to the community of one of Britain's most peaceful religions. You owe him an apology.

As I say, educate yourself about the religions of Asia, they aren't "all the same" as you seem to think.

WHOOOSH!!!!

• Like 2

You are having a mare here.

I know Singhy and he knows me. 

My my comment was clearly sarcastic idiocy that nobody in their right mind would interpret as serious and in fact meant exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

I'll be here all week to help any others from North West Leicestershire through the day.

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

She is a compassionate person therefore must be demonised.
I think some of the grandparents of some of right wingers will be turning in their grave.
Fight a war against fascism then we find they have created hitlerites.

No compassionate people shouldn't be demonised, however people who think they are doing good when they actually aren't should be vilified, certainly those who should know better, she should be forced to explain to those Hong Kong tourists why her open door to "teenage Syrian refugees" results in 25 year old Pakistanis attacking them with axes on trains. Anyway, she'll get her commupence at the Federal Election next year.

I don't even know how to respond to the last comment, Hitlerites? Probably the most ridiculous implementation of Godwin's Law I ever seen, if you really think all our grandparents went to fight a war against fascism so we could share in German guilt 70 years later I'd put good money on you being dreadfully misinformed, I would never ever try and claim to know what exact reason was for these peope laying down their lives but I'd imagine the blood now being shed in the streets is exactly the opposite of the freedoms and safety they actually thought they were giving up their lives for future generations for. I actually think it's quite disgusting that you would try use the deaths of those poor young men to try and justify and push your own perverted political opinions in this day and age, let alone on the anniversary of the Somme.

How many sexuial assaults, rapes, murders and terrorist attacks are you prepared to see on the innocent so you can parade your virtue to the World? What's the limit?

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

No compassionate people shouldn't be demonised, however people who think they are doing good when they actually aren't should be vilified, certainly those who should know better, she should be forced to explain to those Hong Kong tourists why her open door to "teenage Syrian refugees" results in 25 year old Pakistanis attacking them with axes on trains. Anyway, she'll get her commupence at the Federal Election next year.

I don't even know how to respond to the last comment, Hitlerites? Probably the most ridiculous implementation of Godwin's Law I ever seen, if you really think all our grandparents went to fight a war against fascism so we could share in German guilt 70 years later I'd put good money on you being dreadfully misinformed, I would never ever try and claim to know what exact reason was for these peope laying down their lives but I'd imagine the blood now being shed in the streets is exactly the opposite of the freedoms and safety they actually thought they were giving up their lives for future generations for. I actually think it's quite disgusting that you would try use the deaths of those poor young men to try and justify and push your own perverted political opinions in this day and age, let alone on the anniversary of the Somme.

How many sexuial assaults, rapes, murders and terrorist attacks are you prepared to see on the innocent so you can parade your virtue to the World? What's the limit?

So what's the answer?

No asylum. No help for people fleeing countries like Syria?

Look after our own and sod the rest?

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You are having a mare here.

I know Singhy and he knows me. 

My my comment was clearly sarcastic idiocy that nobody in their right mind would interpret as serious and in fact meant exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

I'll be here all week to help any others from North West Leicestershire through the day.

Making bigoted comments on the Internet is not ok whether you know someone or not.

1 minute ago, The Railway Man said:

Making bigoted comments on the Internet is not ok whether you know someone or not.

There are simply not enough face-palm images to express your blindness in this stick end wrong of situation.

Just now, The Railway Man said:

I read it as he was using it to take the piss out of Thracian's ridiculous, ill thought out statements.

It wasn't bigoted, it was making a point he knows is wrong to point out the stupidity of someone else's point.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

So what's the answer?

No asylum. No help for people fleeing countries like Syria?

Look after our own and sod the rest?

Why do you always have to resort to silly exaggerations? You seem to always think it's an extreme between the most outrageous option on either side, it isnt.

First off if I had the answer I wouldn't be typing on the internet at 11.40 on a Tuesday morning, but for a start what you don't do is encourage mass migration as Merkel did, not only has it resulted in more people dying trying to make it from already relative safe countries compared to Syria but it's seriously compromised European security as we have already seen, we have to remember this is the biggest social experiment with regards to immigration in history, to have treated it with such casual abandon was terrifying, even when America was at it's height of open door policy to the World migration was short of seven figures, Germany has taken in well over a million in that time.

What should we do? First off we should try and take our fair share, preferably people from the camps who are in the most danger, preferably families with children who are widely regarded at the most vulnerable (actual children, not the Peter Pan 25 year olds turning up in Germany from Pakistan after throwing any paperwork in the sea) and not just healthy young men already in safety and many of whom haven't actually fleed war but managed to just escape. (Even the main Muslim charity at Calais has stated numerous times barely any of the people there had fled war torn countries) - security can never be compromised though, if we aren't sure about someone them we simply don't take them, you can compromise the security of your own citizens.

I still can't believe we actually decided just not to believe IS when they said they would use the migrant crisis to send Jihadis here, how obtuse can we actually get? How we deal with the problem though now going forward is the big issue, because now it's here it's not going away anytime soon as these attacks are going to be the norm multiple times a year for the rest of our lives.

The next PM of Sweden is likely to be from the far right (name escapes me) France is probably going to be Alain Juppe or Marine Le Pen, Merkel will be kicked on her arse next year, these migration policies will probably bring Europe back to exactly the sort of thing Ronnie says we fought against last century and Merkel etc should completely take the blame for it when it does.

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

What should we do? First off we should try and take our fair share, preferably people from the camps who are in the most danger, preferably families with children who are widely regarded at the most vulnerable (actual children, not the Peter Pan 25 year olds turning up in Germany from Pakistan after throwing any paperwork in the sea) and not just healthy young men already in safety and many of whom haven't actually fleed war but managed to just escape. (Even the main Muslim charity at Calais has stated numerous times barely any of the people there had fled war torn countries) - security can never be compromised though, if we aren't sure about someone them we simply don't take them, you can compromise the security of your own citizens.

If you only let one in that one could be or become a terrorist.

That guy in Germany wasn't a terrorist when he came over - it was the thought of having to go back that pushed him to an extreme action.

There are loonies everywhere (or just depressed people - as we've seen on some FT threads) and they see that killing themselves or others gets them some eposure which in their minds they need. IS/terrorism is becoming an excuse for the 15 min fame syndrome and it'll only get worse given our celebrity centred culture.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why do you always have to resort to silly exaggerations? You seem to always think it's an extreme between the most outrageous option on either side, it isnt.

First off if I had the answer I wouldn't be typing on the internet at 11.40 on a Tuesday morning, but for a start what you don't do is encourage mass migration as Merkel did, not only has it resulted in more people dying trying to make it from already relative safe countries compared to Syria but it's seriously compromised European security as we have already seen, we have to remember this is the biggest social experiment with regards to immigration in history, to have treated it with such casual abandon was terrifying, even when America was at it's height of open door policy to the World migration was short of seven figures, Germany has taken in well over a million in that time.

I still can't believe we actually decided just not to believe IS when they said they would use the migrant crisis to send Jihadis here, how obtuse can we actually get? How we deal with the problem though now going forward is the big issue, because now it's here it's not going away anytime soon as these attacks are going to be the norm multiple times a year for the rest of our lives.

The next PM of Sweden is likely to be from the far right (name escapes me) France is probably going to be Alain Juppe or Marine Le Pen, Merkel will be kicked on her arse next year, these migration policies will probably bring Europe back to exactly the sort of thing Ronnie says we fought against last century and Merkel etc should completely take the blame for it when it does.

This sounds nice but is ideological, nigh impossible to implement and a tad crude to somehow map a selective criteria based on stereotypes of what an the demographics of the immigrant terrorist might look like.....

This issue is not going away or going to be able to be effectively contained even if the most militant regimes are imposed to control migration and monitor people.

I happen to hold Merkel in reasonably high esteem in her ethos toward many subjects.

Its just a bit difficult to separate those who yearn to breathe free and those who yearn to cause harm! I'd still rather have a society built on the former than changed forever out of fear of the latter. 

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Guest MattP

This sounds nice but is ideological, nigh impossible to implement and a tad crude to somehow map a selective criteria based on stereotypes of what an the demographics of the immigrant terrorist might look like.....

This issue is not going away or going to be able to be effectively contained even if the most militant regimes are imposed to control migration and monitor people.

I happen to hold Merkel in reasonably high esteem in her ethos toward many subjects.

Its just a bit difficult to separate those who yearn to breathe free and those who yearn to cause harm! I'd still rather have a society built on the former than changed forever out of fear of the latter. 

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

So would I, but whether we like it or not our society is going to change over this, extremist Islam has always existed in some form ever since the 6th century and since the Moorish times we've not had so much of it on this tiny spec of the World called Europe that has shaped the planet for so long, mainly for the better. If we are going to preserve this though we are going to have to have a very different outlook on the World in many ways.

Give me your tired, your poor, those who yearn to breath - absolutely.

But take your hate, your idelogy, your death cult and risk the sacrifice of a culture and way of life that millions have died for over hundreds of years to preserve - absolutely not.

As lovely at that poem is it doesn't really have any relevance to the Modern World, what America decided to do is completely different to the path some of Europe is trying to take now. (and to be honest I doubt the orginal natives in that American land would regard the mass immigration as such a success in the same way that we do and celebrate now)

Guest MattP

If what I'm reading is true this attack on France sounds very gruesome, how you attack an old man like that?

Sky now reporting a shooting in Germany as well.

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Seems the knifemen have been shot dead but not before killing the poor priest!

This is almost becoming a daily occurance that will become the norm unless the relevant people get a grip..soon.

I'm not anticipating the background to this event but it's intended that jihadist terrorism be a daily and random occurence. Individuals are in place or are even free to act independently in choosing their own attrocity. 

It's well enough documented/anticipated in places, the point being that individuals don't need to communicate with others, don't need to write down or discus their plans (or at least can do so very sparingly and with others who are involved), they are hard to trace in advance and the tactic massively impacts on economies including tourist and travel income but also through other consequences.

Another thing is that the impact doesn't need to be focused on major events. Even the small, unexpected attrocity gains massive publicity, thus serving the purpose emphatically.

Individual attacks have been inevitable since IS started losing land it gained in Iraq and elsewhere because they are less risky, don't have to be sustained and don't cost a lot of jihadist lives.    

Another point I'd make, as a possible indication of the growing effect or the economic effects of such attacks, is that Sharia law is currently being changed to facilitate the investment in gold by any of 1.6 billion muslims (some argued it could previously only be purchased for adornment) and while that may be coincidental, I'd say the timing was surprising if it was (though that's only my personal speculation) .

http://truewealthpublishing.asia/a-change-in-this-law-could-unleash-huge-demand-for-gold/

Everyone's aware that some economies are in big trouble. Whatever the economic effect of terrorism, the new move (believed likely to be sanctioned shortly) makes sense in any case because it will mean unusual or even exceptional demand for the metal, which has the great benefit of being universally tradeable at its, always available daily, price. Should great demand arise, the price will surely go up and its well known that the terrorists have money to utilise despite the impact of recent military defeats.  

Whatever people might think about terrorism and the impact of Jihad on the West, one cannot help but admit to the cunning effectiveness of the strategies. The West really can't go on hoping it will all go away or not even being convinced that anything genuinely threatening is happening.

Erdogan and others keep building their mosques and prayer places all over Western territory. And Christian churches keep being burned or demolished in the Middle East and Africa. Jihad is not just being fought in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria or places which catch the headlines. It is being fought on a global scale and there's no way that prayer, love or kindness are going to stop it.     

They haven't done in the last three decades and I don't see it happening now.

We really need effective leadership now by people who understand those who would undermine our societies.          

Edited by Thracian

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Whatever people might think about terrorism and the impact of Jihad on the West, one cannot help but admit to the cunning effectiveness of the strategies. The West really can't go on hoping it will all go away or not even being convinced that anything genuinely threatening is happening.

Erdogan and others keep building their mosques and prayer places all over Western territory. And Christian churches keep being burned or demolished in the Middle East and Africa. Jihad is not just being fought in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria or places which catch the headlines. It is being fought on a global scale and there's no way that prayer, love or kindness are going to stop it.     

They haven't done in the last three decades and I don't see it happening now.

We really need effective leadership now by people who understand those who would undermine our societies.          

Spot on this.

I'm already seeing "pray for......" pop up again, the more we do of this the more bad things seems to happen.