Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Terrorist Attacks

On 7/27/2016 at 12:59, purpleronnie said:

Terrorism is in itself is an ideological and politically motivated assault on our democratic rights and freedoms.

The essential strategy in countering the extremism we have thesedays that breeds the terrorism that's happening is to win the contest of ideas, so we have to defend the basic human rights and freedoms which form our democracy and that make our societies worth protecting.

But we don't properly protect them.

Instead, we recklessly or naively allow enemies to gather in our midst who then impact on those rights or freedoms, as so appallingly demonstrated by the murder of the priest in France and so much more.

We actually allow the rights we so generously advocate to become weaknesses that get exploited instead of protecting our culture and freedoms first and above all things.

The French priest's right was to follow his faith and to preach peacefully to his congregation. Who stood for his rights when it might have helped? 

Protection/prevention needs vigilance and to start much sooner and with much more understanding of how to recognise where danger lies. .   

Maybe we should allow all the religious to go to the middle east and fight it out to see which God intervenes and helps them. The rest of us can then have political terrorists/Freedom fighters and not these religious freaks.

56 minutes ago, FIF said:

Maybe we should allow all the religious to go to the middle east and fight it out to see which God intervenes and helps them. The rest of us can then have political terrorists/Freedom fighters and not these religious freaks.

Why tarnish all religions???  WTF has that statement got to do with anything with the terrorism that is happening today???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Why tarnish all religions???  WTF has that statement got to do with anything with the terrorism that is happening today???

Because all followers of religion are deceiving themselves and prone to terrorists acts.

Love you singhy, love the sikhs too but you can't claim not to have had your fair share of bloody ruthless killings to your name.

You're all crackers. 

As a 'not very violent' (touch my wife or kids and test me!) practising Christian (I actively go to and engage in Church activities), I also resent the comment 'all the religious' should 'go to the middle east and fight it out'.

I would love for everyone to follow Christianity, but to be honest as long as people treat each other decently, I couldn't care. As long as I've tried my best to introduce people to Christ, it is up to them to decide if they'd like to build a relationship with him. Killing each other isn't going to make people change their minds.

• Like 1

My friend just told me her best friend is in Platja D'aro in Spain and was sitting in a bar when a bunch of tourists dressed up as jihadists were outside with fake guns that made shooting noises.

Apparently they all rushed upstairs scared to death with kids in tears and a pregnant woman.

Wtf is wrong with people?

This is all heard second hand so don't know the exact details.

Edited by Watson
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

40 people were injured in a stampede at a music festival somewhere over the weekend as a group started shouting ISIS and Allah Akbar as well.

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

40 people were injured in a stampede at a music festival somewhere over the weekend as a group started shouting ISIS and Allah Akbar as well.

Are you blaming this on terrorism or the idiocy of morons?

Some interesting statistics re terrorist attacks. It's the fear of thinking it might happen which is the true weapon. 

https://www.techjuice.pk/a-data-scientist-explains-odds-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack/

So in contrast, you are 14 times more likely to die in your bathtub than in a terrorist attack, 11 times more likely to die by slipping during a shower, 16 times by lightning, 517 times more likely to be murdered (there is on average one murder every 60 seconds worldwide), 991 times by self-injury, 500 times in a car accident (3,000 people die every day in road accidents worldwide), 450 times by falling, 118 times by accidental drowning, 41 times in natural disasters (earthquake, flood etc.), 25 times by choking on food, 13 times by a dog bite, 4 times by falling off a ladder, 1.8 million times by a heart disease, 1860 times by electrocution, 93 times by bee sting, and 3 times more likely to die by a snake bite or food poisoning.

If not convinced, here is another interesting set of statistics:

• Odds of being an astronaut: 1 in 13,200,000
  • Odds of winning an Olympic Gold Medal: 1 in 662,000
  • Odds of becoming a President: 1 in 10,000,000
  • Odds of sighting a UFO today: 1 in 3,000,000
  • Odds of dating a Supermodel: 1 in 88,000

So, you have twice the chances of becoming an astronaut then flying in a plane doomed to crash due to a terrorist plot, almost the same chances of becoming a president than dying in a terrorist attack (isn’t it ironic?), three times more likely to sight a UFO today, 14 times more likely to win a gold medal in the Olympics, and 106 times more chances of dating Kim Kardashian.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Don't even know who she is :blink:

An american celebrity - famous for "being famous". One of the new breed of celebs. Ex wife of basketball player Lamar Odom. apparently she has a very big ass.

31 minutes ago, FIF said:

An american celebrity - famous for "being famous". One of the new breed of celebs. Ex wife of basketball player Lamar Odom. apparently she has a very big ass.

That's Khloe. :ph34r:

50 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Some interesting statistics re terrorist attacks. It's the fear of thinking it might happen which is the true weapon. 

https://www.techjuice.pk/a-data-scientist-explains-odds-of-dying-in-a-terrorist-attack/

There is only one winner in this "terrorism" bollocks. Those who want to exercise control over you. :glare:

On 8/1/2016 at 22:24, Grewks said:

Everyone knows the common phrase, 'One man's terrorist, is another man's freedom fighter'. Or, from a religion standpoint, it point, it made me think, surely, 'One man's god, is another man's dictator'.

When followers of one faith or philosophy  will kill, rape, and otherwise abuse followers of another faith or philosophy to effect their own ends or dominance, it's wrong. Killing or maiming people is wrong and so is stealing whether it be property or minds.

If the world could apply just these two simple concepts, I'm convinced it would be a much better place. 

But they don't.

Let's take killing. After loudly condemning the notion of going to war in Iraq way before it happened and consistently thereafter I said the US should respond to the 9/11 attrocity, not with reactive violence, but by flying a separate flag for goodness in relation to every person killed in the form of new theatres, sports provisions, communal orchards etc.

Instead the Americans reacted with yet more violence and those very actions did more to harm its cause than anything Al Queda and other terror groups could have done by their own hand. 

It is one thing doing everything possible to prevent enemies from infiltrating and harming your land and quite another to mock your own beliefs through the manner of your retaliation.

There is nothing wrong with deterring those who would do your society harm but everything wrong with bombing communities when you're supposedly flying the flag for not killing people at all. Hypocrisy really is lousy PR.

Can the West still set an example? Yes. Without a doubt. But it would take a breathtaking statement of intent, the determination to act according to that statement and an outlook aimed at properly protecting that statement.

With our leaving the EU we could actually make a start ourselves and try to set such an example to others that they might see the sense in doing something similar. My main concern is that we have leaders who sometimes don't see where the dangers lie. Nor  do they have the will to do what needs to be done.

Guest MattP

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/exclusive-facebook-reverses-ban-on-british-muslim-for-calling-isis-inbred-saying-muslims-should-integrate/

Muslim makes great FB post slamming IS and telling Muslims to integrate, Facebook suspends his account.

There have been accusations from someone on here (can't remember who it was) that there is a political bias at Facebook and it's a place full of soft, metropolitan safe space liberals, stuff like this doesn't make it hard to believe.

36 minutes ago, MattP said:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/02/exclusive-facebook-reverses-ban-on-british-muslim-for-calling-isis-inbred-saying-muslims-should-integrate/

Muslim makes great FB post slamming IS and telling Muslims to integrate, Facebook suspends his account.

There have been accusations from someone on here (can't remember who it was) that there is a political bias at Facebook and it's a place full of soft, metropolitan safe space liberals, stuff like this doesn't make it hard to believe.

Unbelievable. It may not be myself, whom you're referring to, but I've made similar points regarding Facebook before where they have openly admitted to flooding the place with certain posts which lean one way, and stifling posts which lean another way, to see if they could swing a local election (I think that's what it was), and they revealed they were successful. I did even have a screen shot of their 'what's trending', which featured the top 2 points as something regarding Brexit, ahead of the biggest episode of Game of Thrones of the season, and there is NO CHANCE IN HELL that was legitimate. They most certainly have a very Liberal leaning agenda at Facebook.

EDIT: I posted it on Facebook itself, so perhaps didn't on here. I mean, seriously. Cats against brexit? They've not even tried to make it subtle lol

13417681_10153509027006968_9120327610770

Edited by Darkon84

There will be ferry patrols via English Channel, as well as more gun police around London.

Watched an insight yesterday showing a firm making new and improved gas masks and evaluating their effectiveness, ready for use in event of chemical attack.

Makes you wonder whether any form of attack in UK may become imminent.