Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Seriously can't we now move on from whether Pearson was good or not, why he was sacked, his win rate, his trainers etc... He has been a very very good manager for LCFC. Undisputable imo.

lol

However......the king is dead. Long live the king!

Seriously can't we now move on from whether Pearson was good or not, why he was sacked, his win rate, his trainers etc... He has been a very very good manager for LCFC. Undisputable imo.

lol

However......the king is dead. Long live the king!

We had people telling us Beckford had just scored and that it was an awful decision to get rid for about 6 months after he went... and he was complete no mark. People are not simply going to forget about someone who is for most people on here, either the best or the second best manager since they started supporting city.

Until the season starts, or we start signing a few players to get us excited it will continue to happen.

Guest MattP

Where did I admit I missed most of the season?

I was a season ticket holder as I have been for years and still are.

13th was the lowest that any team promoted with over 100 points had ever finished. I was hoping for the same until he failed to recruit properly.

Thankfully Cambiasso and Huth were up to the job and their experience kept us up.

You said you had family issues or something causing you to miss a lot of the games in the Championship season.

We should have just lost to Doncaster on the last day of the Championship really, we would have had 99 points then last season would have been an achievement in your eyes. :rolleyes: Is that really how you think it works? Have a look at recent promoted sides to see just how hard it is to finish 14th in your first season these days rather tha harking back 10-15 years.

The finances teams have now compared to when sides like Reading and Newcastle went up with 100+ make the challenge very very different, but I don't expect for one minute you'll understand that.

No, mu argument is that NFP didn't do an outstanding job by keeping us up last season or by hitting 14th, he did what I expected from a team promoted with 102 points.

Something obviously attracted Cambiasso and Huth to the club, if it was NFP then good work on his part, but it was their experience and talking on the pitch that lead to us staying up. Many seem to accept that Cambiasso did go to NFP with a list on how to win the last 10 games or so, if that is true then it isn't really down to NFP. That may of course not be true but I still believe that had those last 9 games been spread out over the season that we wouldn't have stayed up. imo

Is it really? Or is just more bollocks recycled from Bentleys? "A list on how to win the last ten games" - from a guy who has never managed a team?

The more likely aspect is what a lot of our fans were saying across the season, that we always had a big chance in those last two months to survive providing we were still in it as we had a lot of winnable games in that period, add to that our better players finally coming into form and you have the most likely answer.

Although I accept it's much more enthralling to put the success down to little bald headed Argentine than give Nigel Pearson any credit, I suppose he also turned up with a list before he arrived for the first few games as well.

Guest MattP

If Cambiasso had a list of ways to win games it's a shame he didn't get it out between 27th September and December 28th.

Anytime between September and April really would have been ok.

Seasonal affective disorder really is a bitch isn't it?

Well, it seems to be the opinion of some people...

One minute pearson is the most arrogant man to have ever walked the planet, the next he's taking tactics and plans off his player.

Doesn't add up.

I ask again...does anyone REALLY believe that Nigel Pearson would plan his teams, his tactics and his formations upon the say so of ANY player?

He's never ever ever come across as anything other than his 'own man'.

I suggest if anyone actually believes that our great final run was masterminded in some way by Esteban Cambiasso then please consider undertaking a mental health assessment. Go to see your GP and get one set up.

lol

Sorry to be flippant but amidst threads of incredible speculation I think this assertion may well take the proverbial biscuit.

Guest MattP

I ask again...does anyone REALLY believe that Nigel Pearson would plan his teams, his tactics and his formations upon the say so of ANY player?

I suggest if anyone actually believes that our great final run was masterminded in some way by Esteban Cambiasso then please consider undertaking a mental health assessment. Go to see your GP and get one set up.

lol

Sorry to be flippant but amidst threads of incredible speculation I think this assertion may well take the proverbial biscuit.

lol

This one is the best of the lot to be fair, the fact anyone can entertain the thought is brilliant.

That nutter that keeps headbutting people, calling them ostriches, strangling the opposition, telling people to **** off and die, I'm going to march in with a list and tell him how to win the last nine games lol

No, mu argument is that NFP didn't do an outstanding job by keeping us up last season or by hitting 14th, he did what I expected from a team promoted with 102 points.

Something obviously attracted Cambiasso and Huth to the club, if it was NFP then good work on his part, but it was their experience and talking on the pitch that lead to us staying up. Many seem to accept that Cambiasso did go to NFP with a list on how to win the last 10 games or so, if that is true then it isn't really down to NFP. That may of course not be true but I still believe that had those last 9 games been spread out over the season that we wouldn't have stayed up. imo

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the people who seem to believe this are the same folks who claim that Nigel Pearson is an arrogant idiot who plays favourites and won't change his side despite the whole world and his wife apparently knowing exactly how we need to set up. Do you really think if some player walked into his office with a bit of paper which basically says 'here's how to do your job properly' that he'd take a blind bit of notice? If he was anything like the character you and others have painted him to be in the past, he would have gone mad, stuck the nut on Cambiasso and refused to play him for the rest of the season. You can't have it both ways.

I really don't understand why people are so desperate to find any possible way to stop NP getting any credit for our survival last season... No credit for signing Cambi and Huth (they must have come despite the manager, obviously, and he must have just gotten lucky when he signed them, because obviously he's a ****ing idiot) and then going as far to suggest that Cambiasso essentially staged some sort of coup and him and Huth took over and managed from the field.... it reads like the ramblings of a crackhead.

I don't think Cambiasso was controlling anything.... But it isnt against the relms of possibilty he gave Pearson advice.

Mourinho when at Inter was asked who he went to in the team for advice and instantly answered Cambiasso.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the people who seem to believe this are the same folks who claim that Nigel Pearson is an arrogant idiot who plays favourites and won't change his side despite the whole world and his wife apparently knowing exactly how we need to set up. Do you really think if some player walked into his office with a bit of paper which basically says 'here's how to do your job properly' that he'd take a blind bit of notice? If he was anything like the character you and others have painted him to be in the past, he would have gone mad, stuck the nut on Cambiasso and refused to play him for the rest of the season. You can't have it both ways.

I really don't understand why people are so desperate to find any possible way to stop NP getting any credit for our survival last season... No credit for signing Cambi and Huth (they must have come despite the manager, obviously, and he must have just gotten lucky when he signed them, because obviously he's a ****ing idiot) and then going as far to suggest that Cambiasso essentially staged some sort of coup and him and Huth took over and managed from the field.... it reads like the ramblings of a crackhead.

That is exactly my point, but put alot better

I don't think Cambiasso was controlling anything.... But it isnt against the relms of possibilty he gave Pearson advice.

It's not no, but I doubt it.

It all stems from the twisting of it being said he sat down with Ulloa and planned where we would get points (no different to us lot sitting here and discussing which games we can get points from). That gets turned into he came up with the tactics etc. It's all nonsense by the usual suspects.

lol

Well Pearson did admit to not having a clue why our form had changed.

I doubt Cambiasso presented a list but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that other staff including players had some input into our change of direction later in the season, after Pearson had exhausted his extensive repertoire of formation failures.

I doubt Cambiasso presented a list but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that other staff including players had some input into our change of direction later in the season, after Pearson had exhausted his extensive repertoire of formation failures.

Or maybe, just maybe, we weren't the shittest team in history when we were losing, and we weren't world beaters on our winning streak. Maybe NP and the squad never lost faith, kept working hard on the training ground, and managed to turn it around. Just a thought.

Or maybe, just maybe, we weren't the shittest team in history when we were losing, and we weren't world beaters on our winning streak. Maybe NP and the squad never lost faith, kept working hard on the training ground, and managed to turn it around. Just a thought.

Yeah but the last change of tactics was a turning point. Look at the hull game, we were terrible. We changed the tactics and got much better. Obviously at one point someone did come up with that tactical idea.

We've been through this, and people have posted links where Pearson did go into certain aspects of it. What his general gist was with the comment you consistently latch onto was that he didn't know why our luck had changed, from good performances getting nothing, to suddenly reaping the rewards the performances were due.

But we won't do down there as everyone likes to pretend we were awful before our good run and no signs were there of decent play at all.

Archived