Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

The managerial world. Weren't you listening?

lol One photo with Pearson and it's all gone to his head, poor lad.

PS. If he has got an assitant role, thank the ****ing lord because it means we will keep Walsh and Shakey

I seriously doubt that. If Nige turns out to be the regional organiser for ISIS there'll still be some blaming the owners.

Not sure about an ISIS connection, Webbo.

I did hear that there was an Arab connection, though. NP had a bust-up with the owners over a young French-Algerian central midfielder he wanted to buy. A big player in Ligue 1 for L'Orient. 

Apparently he's a real battler, committed to the cause, and keeps his head when all around him are losing theirs. He can cut through a defence like a knife. has a bullet header and a rocket shot - but a bit of an explosive temperament.

Allahu Akbar was his name, I think.

Not sure about an ISIS connection, Webbo.

I did hear that there was an Arab connection, though. NP had a bust-up with the owners over a young French-Algerian central midfielder he wanted to buy. A big player in Ligue 1 for L'Orient. 

Apparently he's a real battler, committed to the cause, and keeps his head when all around him are losing theirs. He can cut through a defence like a knife. has a bullet header and a rocket shot - but a bit of an explosive temperament.

Allahu Akbar was his name, I think.

He's sure to be a blast.

Assistant manager or coach back at Newcastle might not be a bad shout for Pearson actually. Being out of the limelight for a while might be good for him.

If something like that does happen, it raises the possibility that Pearson has had a good think, and decided he doesn't much like being a manager after all, and perhaps therein lies the fundamental differences in perspective. He didn't exactly seem to be enjoying his life much last season. Maybe he has decided that he's more suited to a behind the scenes role. That would also explain why we're planning for his backroom staff to stay on at Leicester. But wouldn't explain why he was sacked instead of resigning. Just speculating, of course.

lol

I know some people who are close to Nige. David weeks is the manager of my local team I coach and play at. He is an England physio, and knows Nige really well from his Time with England U21s.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Weeks-succeeds-Bunney-Ottery-St-Mary-boss/story-12703161-detail/story.html

As for managerial world, I am accredited with my coaching badges and from doing my courses I have made reasonable contacts within the game. Nigel Quine who works in the Southampton youth setup was my course mentor, while Alex spence who works with Liverpool under 21s in an advisory role, was my tutor. Sav Savva who works closely with development squads across the country was also one of my mentors.

I also know Nigel Pearson from various managerial conferences that I have attended. Not spoken to him since the sacking though.

Assistant manager or coach back at Newcastle might not be a bad shout for Pearson actually. Being out of the limelight for a while might be good for him.

If something like that does happen, it raises the possibility that Pearson has had a good think, and decided he doesn't much like being a manager after all, and perhaps therein lies the fundamental differences in perspective. He didn't exactly seem to be enjoying his life much last season. Maybe he has decided that he's more suited to a behind the scenes role. That would also explain why we're planning for his backroom staff to stay on at Leicester. But wouldn't explain why he was sacked instead of resigning. Just speculating, of course.

Of course.

So many 'might', 'possibly' and 'maybe's', in that post it could only mean one thing....pure speculation

lol

I know some people who are close to Nige. David weeks is the manager of my local team I coach and play at. He is an England physio, and knows Nige really well from his Time with England U21s.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Weeks-succeeds-Bunney-Ottery-St-Mary-boss/story-12703161-detail/story.html

As for managerial world, I am accredited with my coaching badges and from doing my courses I have made reasonable contacts within the game. Nigel Quine who works in the Southampton youth setup was my course mentor, while Alex spence who works with Liverpool under 21s in an advisory role, was my tutor. Sav Savva who works closely with development squads across the country was also one of my mentors.

I also know Nigel Pearson from various managerial conferences that I have attended. Not spoken to him since the sacking though.

Wow. We are truly honoured to have you on the Forum!

lol

You havent spoken to him since you met him once, for about 15 seconds, and got a picture with him.

You havent spoken to him since you met him once, for about 15 seconds, and got a picture with him.[/quote

lol I received information that I thought may be of interest I have shared it. That is of course the point in a forum. Take it or leave it. There is absolutely no need for the abuse.

As for ironic person above, someone asked me to state my source, I did. There is no need for such a sarcastic statement in reply to the information I have given.

I don't know, but somewhere in my mind, I still get the impression that deep inside, there's some heavy bias hidden in your posts. I like to read between the lines and it trickles with delight over Pearson's sacking. Somehow - even if you continue to state that you like him.

Of course, all you do is construct scenarios that are purely hypothetical.

He didn't seem to enjoy his life last season because it was the first time he was exposed to the limelight and got a first taste of what the media and the Premier League are all about as a full-time manager. How could you prepare him for that - weren't he, Carver, Monk and Dyche the only four managers last season who had never been in charge of a top-flight club before? I think Pearson made a pretty good deal of it - looking at it from a sportive perspective. Carver came across as a proper loonie in the media, Monk played it very cool and Dyche was just being Dyche, equally irritating at times.

I don't know, but somewhere in my mind, I still get the impression that deep inside, there's some heavy bias hidden in your posts. I like to read between the lines and it trickles with delight over Pearson's sacking. Somehow - even if you continue to state that you like him.

Of course, all you do is construct scenarios that are purely hypothetical.

He didn't seem to enjoy his life last season because it was the first time he was exposed to the limelight and got a first taste of what the media and the Premier League are all about as a full-time manager. How could you prepare him for that - weren't he, Carver, Monk and Dyche the only four managers last season who had never been in charge of a top-flight club before? I think Pearson made a pretty good deal of it - looking at it from a sportive perspective. Carver came across as a proper loonie in the media, Monk played it very cool and Dyche was just being Dyche, equally irritating at times.

There's nothing to be read between the lines. Not everyone likes the limelight, and Pearson seems to be one who doesn't. He seems more like an ordinary bloke who just wants to get on with doing a good job, but you can't really do that as a premier league manager, the limelight is there whether you like it or not.

He also seems like the type of guy who would make a bold and unusual decision such as stepping back into an assistant or coach role, if he thought it was in the long term interests of himself and his family.

It's a possibility, not a perfect fit for what's gone on, but a possibility.

The funny thing is about pearson. He despised all the supporters. He told the players to ignore all the fans. He heard the fans boo the players off at half time many times. And the fans love him

Haha what a moron you actually are. 2/10 for trolling

You havent spoken to him since you met him once, for about 15 seconds, and got a picture with him.[/quote

lol I received information that I thought may be of interest I have shared it. That is of course the point in a forum. Take it or leave it. There is absolutely no need for the abuse.

As for ironic person above, someone asked me to state my source, I did. There is no need for such a sarcastic statement in reply to the information I have given.

I fully concur. I don't understand why you got any abuse.

The funny thing is about pearson. He despised all the supporters. He told the players to ignore all the fans. He heard the fans boo the players off at half time many times. And the fans love him

Great attempt buddy

There's nothing to be read between the lines. Not everyone likes the limelight, and Pearson seems to be one who doesn't. He seems more like an ordinary bloke who just wants to get on with doing a good job, but you can't really do that as a premier league manager, the limelight is there whether you like it or not.

He also seems like the type of guy who would make a bold and unusual decision such as stepping back into an assistant or coach role, if he thought it was in the long term interests of himself and his family.

It's a possibility, not a perfect fit for what's gone on, but a possibility.

More likely he told the players to ignore the fans when they were on their backs, as an ex-player he would know how destructive it can be if you let the fans get to you as a player, but he will also know how powerful they can be when they really get behind the team.

This is why I am always positive and supportive of the team and the manager, be it Pearson or Ranieri, Vardy or Waghorn, I will support anyone who is giving their all for the club and that includes the owners.

The only thing we can do as fans is support the club, this is why I am fully behind Claudio Ranieri, why I can see the reasons behind Pearson's sacking and trust the owners that they had no choice, and I will support whoever is signed to replace Cambiasso.

As fans we can make a big difference negative and positive, I will always try to be positive because that will help the club.

I've met him many times and never once got the impression that he "despised all the supporters". What a ridiculous comment.

Archived