Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

Guest MattP

I'm wholly with Matt on this subject. I guess it shows how easily we are duped as consumers. Being given a free T shirt and a few beers and you will happily pour £500 into their pockets because they are good owners. All the other financial decisions are exactly that, financial. improving training facilities, clearing debt to equity is all done so the club is in the best shape possible to sell on when the time is right.

On footballing matters there is only 1 bloke to take the credit for our position and his name ain't Vichai. 

As I've said before, it's astonishing what people will tolerate these days, they actually somehow manage to make it look like you are the one who should be grateful for shelling out that money while they decide what's best for them rather than the football club you support.

Anyway, whatever pressure Nigel faced it's nothing now compared to what the owners have brought upon themselves with the decision they now have to make, appoint another idiot and they'll ruin everything they have builded - and this time the architect won't be coming back with his firm to get them out the shit if they do.

I'm still failing to buy into this 'Our owners have done us great' nonsense.

Nigel Pearson has done far more for this club than the Thai's have.

why do we have to choose one to blame? can't we just accept that shit happens sometimes with either blame on both parts of circumstances driving a wedge that cannot be mended.

I know one thing - they want success! they haven't done this to **** us up. They believe they have done it for the right reasons and yes the owners have been good for this club so far and deserve a chance to make things right. They have paid for their own mistakes. I am not happy - I don't know the full facts, we will probably never know the full facts, but I am certain the owners want success and not failure and I am certain they felt they were doing the right thing so I for one will stand by them if for no other reason than the fact that what is done is done and can't be undone and to succeed we need to back them and the club the way we did to achieve safety.

i 2 years time, if they have made mistake after mistake and achieved no progress with this club, I may change my view but so far under their tenure we have achieved success and yes Pearson is a big part of this but they remained very patient last season when many owners would have sacked Pearson long before.

Pearson was a twat, but he was our twat.

i don't agree with your other stance but this was funny!

As I've said before, it's astonishing what people will tolerate these days, they actually somehow manage to make it look like you are the one who should be grateful for shelling out that money while they decide what's best for them rather than the football club you support.

Anyway, whatever pressure Nigel faced it's nothing now compared to what the owners have brought upon themselves with the decision they now have to make, appoint another idiot and they'll ruin everything they have builded - and this time the architect won't be coming back with his firm to get them out the shit if they do.

Tolerate what?  and what is best for them is a successful club - win-win - the point at which they take the cash, make huge personal profits and leave the club going nowhere, I may start agreeing with you but right now they are investing in the club to build success which I kinda want too. I am gutted he has been sacked but I am pragmatic not tolerant and believe that they feel it is for the right reasons and this doesn't appear to be a knee jerk reaction. I wish they hadn't - I am worried we will get the next appointment badly wrong but if they do, it will cost them as well as annoy us as you say. 

point is - it's done, it can't be reversed - let's look forward now - this is not tolerance -  it's pragmatism

Guest MattP

Tolerate what?  and what is best for them is a successful club - win-win - the point at which they take the cash, make huge personal profits and leave the club going nowhere, I may start agreeing with you but right now they are investing in the club to build success which I kinda want too. I am gutted he has been sacked but I am pragmatic not tolerant and believe that they feel it is for the right reasons and this doesn't appear to be a knee jerk reaction. I wish they hadn't - I am worried we will get the next appointment badly wrong but if they do, it will cost them as well as annoy us as you say. 

point is - it's done, it can't be reversed - let's look forward now - this is not tolerance -  it's pragmatism

Tolerate the fact that they will now make decisions in the interests of themselves and the King Power brand rather than what is best for Leicester City Footballl Club.

Which is something they did yesterday, and as supporters a lot of us now actually think this is acceptable purely on the basis that 'they've put a lot of money in the club' (they have but Pearson has earned them a shitload more than they have put in now) - it's obscene and injurious that they can get away with this, had our Chairman and the board (that's owners to the kids) got rid of MON in 1999 the fans would be in uproar, but now they can do what they want as they have bought the ground (for King Power btw not LCFC btw) and they give us a clapper and a carlsberg.

I'm actually getting angrier the more I talk about what's happened, it's just beyond belief anyone can tolerate what has happened these last couple of days, we've removed the best manager we have ever had statistically and been told it's because they basically don't get along. And the people who have done this have already done it once before and it ended up as a total disaster before begging him to come back.

What has happened here is something that would never have been allowed to happen in the past, it's something I can't really comprehend, for the first time in ten years I really thought we were going to do something special, I was starting to dream about winning the FA Cup, instead I now have visions of the two clueless ****** we saw after they appointed Svennis sat in the stand wondering why we can't win given the money they have 'spent'. We've tossed away one of best managers we've had, the best scouting network we'll ever have and the best sports science department we have ever had, just because of whatsapp effectively.

I am trying to look forward - I'd love to know what the plan is for replacement but judging by the news sources we can garner we haven't actually thought about that yet. I'm devastated and really not in the mood for blind faith in people that thought Paulo Sousa and Sven (or even 'Arry, fortunately he turned us down) were the right people for this club.

Tolerate the fact that they will now make decisions in the interests of themselves and the King Power brand rather than what is best for Leicester City Footballl Club.

Which is something they did yesterday, and as supporters a lot of us now actually think this is acceptable purely on the basis that 'they've put a lot of money in the club' (they have but Pearson has earned them a shitload more than they have put in now) - it's obscene and injurious that they can get away with this, had our Chairman and the board (that's owners to the kids) got rid of MON in 1999 the fans would be in uproar, but now they can do what they want as they have bought the ground (for King Power btw not LCFC btw) and they give us a clapper and a carlsberg.

I'm actually getting angrier the more I talk about what's happened, it's just beyond belief anyone can tolerate what has happened these last couple of days, we've removed the best manager we have ever had statistically and been told it's because they basically don't get along. And the people who have done this have already done it once before and it ended up as a total disaster before begging him to come back.

What has happened here is something that would never have been allowed to happen in the past, it's something I can't really comprehend, for the first time in ten years I really thought we were going to do something special, I was starting to dream about winning the FA Cup, instead I now have visions of the two clueless ****** we saw after they appointed Svennis sat in the stand wondering why we can't win given the money they have 'spent'. We've tossed away one of best managers we've had, the best scouting network we'll ever have and the best sports science department we have ever had, just because of whatsapp effectively.

I am trying to look forward - I'd love to know what the plan is for replacement but judging by the news sources we can garner we haven't actually thought about that yet. I'm devastated and really not in the mood for blind faith in people that thought Paulo Sousa and Sven (or even 'Arry, fortunately he turned us down) were the right people for this club.

How about entertaining the idea that maybe they had reasonable grounds to sack him. Its not that far fetched.

But please, for your own sake, youre a grown up. Calm down.

If there were legitimate reasons behind the scene, then no,the points arent valid.

And we dont know that yet, so we cant have a reasoned opinion.

If there were legitimate reasons behind the scene, then no,the points arent valid.

And we dont know that yet, so we cant have a reasoned opinion.

If the owners had any respect for the club and the fans they would offer an explanation. People are angry, and rightly so.

The owners sign the cheques and make money for themselves, why people support them over the manager who has done the business at ground level I'll never know.

I actually thought it was a bit off, for owners that take pride in taking a back seat, that they lead the lap of honour against QPR. But then I thought 'Let them have their moment', but now I'm thinking that Leicester is really just their plaything that offers them free advertising.

They don't want a progressive football club, they want one that is exposed to the Premier League to promote King Power.

If rumours are to be believed that Allardyce was the first target then they are going down the Mike Ashley route.

The problem I have at the minute is the Thai's may well have a reason to sack Pearson but they're not releasing it. The fact they've said it's for 'non-footballing reasons' but not giving us those reasons is, frankly, making me angry. We pay them hundreds of pounds a year and they can't give us a definitive reason as to why they sacked, statistically, our best ever manager. 

I appreciate what they've done off the field, the free beers, training ground improvements and so on but I'm slowly losing respect for them unless they come out and say exactly why they've sacked Pearson. 

Really don't understand why people are saying this, I understand loyalty, but Pearson isn't stupid I really really doubt he had any complaints about his son getting sacked for what he did, if he did well he didn't really deserve a job here anyway, these loyalty and there's just plain right stupid

There's much conjecture about pretty much everything to do with the owners and past situations so we might as well add some more into the mix.

Some people are being rather unfair on the board in my opinion, though I understand why they have reacted as they have. I'm not for one second even going to think about slagging off the owners or throw my toys out of the pram and all of a sudden criticise them for a million different things from the past. To me Nigel Pearson is no longer the manager of LCFC, I support the board in their quest for a new manager and I look forward to seeing a successful reign from whoever takes over.

As for no reasons being given, then blame everyone having to cover their arses for legal reasons

The owners have done a lot of great things for us, certainly compared to what went on before. They were helped of course by having a manager in Pearson (for all his faults) who delivered two promotions and PL survival. Whether sacking NP was the right thing will only become apparent in time. It may be right, it may be wrong. Let's see, eh?

Pretty fair bet that all managers will point this event out to all of their players in the coming weeks, all managers will be reminded that they are managers, not owners and they, and their players are a commodity which must perform their jobs properly.

Sends a a very clear signal about what our owners expect from their employees.

Remember when the Thai scandal erupted and the question was asked, what would happen if these were "important" players.. well guess what, weve got an answer, the owners have standards and they apply to ALL.

Almost all of us applauded NP for the way he ran his team, often quoted was, "if they dont want to be here, i dont want them" and that "City is a team". Now, when our owners follow those same rules and attitudes there is uproar. But now, no matter what, anyone invloved in LCFC knows where the owners stand and what is expected of them.

What this means for the teams position at the end of 15/16 we can only wait and see.

they've been fantastic owners but sacking pearson is a mistake and they should be bigger men and accept the fact that while pearson may not be their cup of tea, the players and majority of fans love him and he is essential to the forsee-able future of the club.

I agree with much of this. I too respect the owners. They want the best for the club and have put their money where their mouth is.

BUT...the question is do they know HOW to achieve the best? Sacking NP without a better successor already lined up, which seems to be the case, makes me really wonder

They may not have had a choice.  We may never really know why they sacked him, but something may have come to light and they were forced to act in the way they did.  I am confident that the club is now seen as a financially stable position and with owners who are ambitious that we will be a place good to great managers would consider.

By the way as an example of mangers once thought of as crap and turned things around is Pardew.  A disaster at Newcastle but a success at Palace. Things are never black and white.

This for me too.

I've always begrudgingly accepted the plastering of King Power over our ground, shirts etc... as they've always seemed well focused on managing to do both grow their business and our club at the same time.

Yesterday, for me, was them putting King Power over Leicester City.

For all the good they've done (and it would be unfair to take it away from them), that's a very big thing in my opinion. We should be careful.

This was the reason I was always a bit cautious about crawling up their arses like most do on here. They aren't above criticism.

How in God's name can you say they put KP first?  Only they know what happened to cause them to sack NP.  As you can see they are getting a lot crap from the fans.  So how was this putting their company first!  I get everyone being annoyed.  I am annoyed, I was excited for the coming season under NP, but it must have been something major for them to take this action. It clearly wasn't planned as they did not replace him straight away.  So please tell me how this action adds King Power exactly?

I'm still failing to buy into this 'Our owners have done us great' nonsense.

Nigel Pearson has done far more for this club than the Thai's have.

So you are saying no matter what Nigel did or could do he should never have been sacked?  He was untouchable no matter what, is that right?

Guest Cujek

This club is bigger and more important than their "culture" to me.

I hope we arent about to enter another circus of 2 idiot managers a season again.

I am always cautious with owner praise personally. I never got the cult of Mandaric who apparently saved the club.

I have the same respect for them as they have of me. They see me as nothing more than a customer.

I'd ask anyone have they done anything for the fans which is genuinely good? A free pint doesn't buy my support. Ticket prices are still going up, the ticket office is still a farce, the shirts situation is a farce every year.

The debt and stadium are cited as two good things. It was a debt they built and we don't owe the stadium, King Power do.

This has always been my opinion. Wasn't affected by the Pearson decision.

'they've put a lot of money in the club' (they have but Pearson has earned them a shitload more than they have put in now).

lol

They put in what, £100m to clear the debt, plus £15m loss in the championship season, what's a "shit load more" than £115m? £300m? You think we made anywhere near that much profit in one premiership season?

Get a grip. You've made your point. We all know you've always hated the owners and realistically we all know why. Well done, Mr Robinson, but maybe it's time to move on, your lies are becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute.

you know if you don't like the decision just don't go anymore, move onto  whatever team he goes to. we don't need you disloyal barstewards

that's what most of you jokers were saying to pearson critics earlier this season.

the owners have done us proud over the last 3 years.

who knows what they're going to do.

but i'll back  them.

lol

They put in what, £100m to clear the debt, plus £15m loss in the championship season, what's a "shit load more" than £115m? £300m? You think we made anywhere near that much profit in one premiership season?

Get a grip. You've made your point. We all know you've always hated the owners and realistically we all know why. Well done, Mr Robinson, but maybe it's time to move on, your lies are becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute.

That's the second time you have put insinuations of racism forwards, do you have any evidence to back it up or are you just being the nasty little troll we all know you are?

I am always cautious with owner praise personally. I never got the cult of Mandaric who apparently saved the club.

I have the same respect for them as they have of me. They see me as nothing more than a customer.

I'd ask anyone have they done anything for the fans which is genuinely good? A free pint doesn't buy my support. Ticket prices are still going up, the ticket office is still a farce, the shirts situation is a farce every year.

The debt and stadium are cited as two good things. It was a debt they built and we don't owe the stadium, King Power do.

This has always been my opinion. Wasn't affected by the Pearson decision.

The debt was built up through a combination of lavish spending by sven, a manager many supported but who turned out to be a mistake, and ongoing wages for the players who got us promoted. We couldn't have afforded the likes of Kaspar and Nugent and many others without financial backing. We could have afforded the likes of Josh Low. Would Pearson have got us promoted with any of our teams from the Levein to pre-Mandaric era do you think?

Archived