Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

I am always cautious with owner praise personally. I never got the cult of Mandaric who apparently saved the club.

I have the same respect for them as they have of me. They see me as nothing more than a customer.

I'd ask anyone have they done anything for the fans which is genuinely good? A free pint doesn't buy my support. Ticket prices are still going up, the ticket office is still a farce, the shirts situation is a farce every year.

The debt and stadium are cited as two good things. It was a debt they built and we don't owe the stadium, King Power do.

This has always been my opinion. Wasn't affected by the Pearson decision.

Be careful what you wish for,as far as owners go we could do a lot lot worse.We don't know what caused this latest Saga could be the Thais could be NP,however if I had read most of these comments on FT after ploughing in plenty of money I would walk away because I'm awkward and always win.

Tolerate the fact that they will now make decisions in the interests of themselves and the King Power brand rather than what is best for Leicester City Footballl Club.

Which is something they did yesterday, and as supporters a lot of us now actually think this is acceptable purely on the basis that 'they've put a lot of money in the club' (they have but Pearson has earned them a shitload more than they have put in now) - it's obscene and injurious that they can get away with this, had our Chairman and the board (that's owners to the kids) got rid of MON in 1999 the fans would be in uproar, but now they can do what they want as they have bought the ground (for King Power btw not LCFC btw) and they give us a clapper and a carlsberg.

I'm actually getting angrier the more I talk about what's happened, it's just beyond belief anyone can tolerate what has happened these last couple of days, we've removed the best manager we have ever had statistically and been told it's because they basically don't get along. And the people who have done this have already done it once before and it ended up as a total disaster before begging him to come back.

What has happened here is something that would never have been allowed to happen in the past, it's something I can't really comprehend, for the first time in ten years I really thought we were going to do something special, I was starting to dream about winning the FA Cup, instead I now have visions of the two clueless ****** we saw after they appointed Svennis sat in the stand wondering why we can't win given the money they have 'spent'. We've tossed away one of best managers we've had, the best scouting network we'll ever have and the best sports science department we have ever had, just because of whatsapp effectively.

I am trying to look forward - I'd love to know what the plan is for replacement but judging by the news sources we can garner we haven't actually thought about that yet. I'm devastated and really not in the mood for blind faith in people that thought Paulo Sousa and Sven (or even 'Arry, fortunately he turned us down) were the right people for this club.

My point is that although I am also gutted and although I feel it is a bad decision, I have no proof that what they have done is purely to protect the mothership brand at the expense of our club. We don't know the facts but I firmly believe this decision was not one they wanted to make but felt forced to make. Our club's success is now entwined with their brand success so I don't think you can separate the 2 and do something on one that doesn't impact the other.

If as a result of this we get relegated that will do far more brand damage than keeping Pearson in place. They know this and hence I believe they took a hard decision they felt was right for the long term success of not only King Power but also the football club. It will take a lot to convince me it was the right decision but it's done, I respect their decision as i think I owe them that but only time will tell what impact it will have.They now need to put all measures in place to make good of this and make sure they mitigate risk by getting the right man in and supporting him as much as is needed.

oh and I think they have learnt a lot since they first started and will put getting a replacement into the hands of footballing people rather than making some dodgy appointment themselves.though this remains to be seen

The debt was built up through a combination of lavish spending by sven, a manager many supported but who turned out to be a mistake, and ongoing wages for the players who got us promoted. We couldn't have afforded the likes of Kaspar and Nugent and many others without financial backing. We could have afforded the likes of Josh Low. Would Pearson have got us promoted with any of our teams from the Levein to pre-Mandaric era do you think?

Pearson was very near to get us promoted where he balanced the books. Sold Mattock in the Playoffs Championship season to fund the likes of Hobbs. The season previous he flogged Hume, Maculay and Stearman at a price to fund signings again. He also made a very decent fist of players at his disposal. He galvanised Fryatt and Howard for example.

Which leads me to believe if he had the Levein backing, he would do well. His time at Hull was very similar to that period and he did well then.

Be careful what you wish for,as far as owners go we could do a lot lot worse.We don't know what caused this latest Saga could be the Thais could be NP,however if I had read most of these comments on FT after ploughing in plenty of money I would walk away because I'm awkward and always win.

As I said this was my opinion before Pearson's sacking. In my lifetime this club has four owners alone. We have at least another one in my lifetime as King Power will not be here for a duration. There will always be a Leicester City of one form.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and his son Top along with the King Power brand have done more for our club than any other owner we have had not long ago most people on here who now are moaning at them wanting to protest about them were saying how wonderful our owners were free beer flags breakfasts and reduced free away travel etc etc etc !

This family which is now our family the Leicester City family have ploughed millions into our club unfortunately ticket prices have risen at least we're still cheaper than most they have put together the finances to bring in new players and still want more decent players!

And who knows would it surprise you to find out they will secure us a marquee manager all this Lennon cotterill etc is a smoke screen who FOOKING knows but let's stop this bickering and stick together we can't change the past it's time to look forward in another chapter of Leicester City's rise !! ;)

lol

They put in what, £100m to clear the debt, plus £15m loss in the championship season, what's a "shit load more" than £115m? £300m? You think we made anywhere near that much profit in one premiership season?

Get a grip. You've made your point. We all know you've always hated the owners and realistically we all know why. Well done, Mr Robinson, but maybe it's time to move on, your lies are becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute.

They added to that debt quite a bit themselves, of course, by encouraging Pearson's first exit, the appointment of Sousa, the appointment of Sven, backing him to bring in every high profile loan under the sun, signing 15m+ on players in summer 2011 then having to bring Pearson back in all over again. And, in the process, setting our campaign back by three years.

As infuriating as we've found him to be at times, the return on their investment has come courtesy of Pearson (who made a profit on his dealings post-summer 2012 up to promotion in 2014), rather than the vast quantities of money they threw at Sousa, Sven, Waghorn, Yakubu, Mills etc.

Nobody these days seems to credit Tom Smeaton with the League Cup in 1997, and rightly so. Likewise, success on the field - especially when it hasn't always correlated to money spent off it - should continue to be credited primarily to the manager. Now had Sven taken us up in 2011 or 2012, then it might have made more sense to point to their impact, much in the way we criticised Mandaric's impact for what happened in 2008. But for half of Pearson's second spell we were actually trying to get back to where we'd been before they even turned up.

you know if you don't like the decision just don't go anymore, move onto  whatever team he goes to. we don't need you disloyal barstewards

that's what most of you jokers were saying to pearson critics earlier this season.

the owners have done us proud over the last 3 years.

who knows what they're going to do.

but i'll back  them.

So your view is, effectively, that any decision that the owners of the club - be they the Shipmans, Mandaric or Top and Vichai - makes should be supported by loyal fans? What if it's wrong, or made for the wrong reasons?

To be honest, I think you're making the point you're making is that the club is bigger than individuals, and you'd be right if that's the case. But I've also been told to go an support someone else on at least one occasion. I'm amazed anyone takes any notice of that kind of thing, if we did there'd be nobody left supporting Leicester!

I agree that we all need to get firmly behind the new manager but, equally, any forum has to revolve around differences of opinion, one way or the other. And I think there are those out there who think that it's not a bad thing to let owners know that shops in Thai airports and whatever etiquette comes with running shops in Thai airports shouldn't interfere with the effective running of an English football club.

A few weeks back everyone was clamouring to show their outrage at the antics in Thailand. Anyone who dared suggest they shouldn't be sacked or that it wasn't has bad as people were making out were roundly attacked by the outraged hordes accused of racism, misogyny and all sorts. They also claimed that they would feel the same and demand the sacking of any first teamer involved in such situation and again attacked anyone who suggested otherwise.

So what if, and it seems likely, Pearson didn't agree with the sackings and didn't feel it was as bad as was being made out and the players should have remained at the club. What if he got abusive to the owners during this exchange of opinions. Why are people so willing to suddenly forget their moral stance of a few weeks back, because it's someone important to the first team? Double standards?

I was a big Pearson fan and genuinely believed he was taking somewhere and as such I'm gutted that he's gone, but the guff posted by the pro Pearson brigade as got me siding with those that were anti. The owners have done a lot for this club and the sacking statement suggests to me that this was done with regret because of what Pearson has done and realisation that emotions will run high from supporters but it shows their values are unwavering regarding what they expect from their staff whether it's development players who are getting nowhere near the first team or the manager. A few weeks back they would have been applauded for that.

Leicester will survive despite this, if the next manager is no good he'll go and be replaced but their goal for success remains the same and that's what's important, don't sour this. On the other hand the next manager might bring great success. But people need to reign in their outrage, we don't know for sure what happened, the media speculation is just that, we'll survive, we're still a well run club.

A few weeks back everyone was clamouring to show their outrage at the antics in Thailand. Anyone who dared suggest they shouldn't be sacked or that it wasn't has bad as people were making out were roundly attacked by the outraged hordes accused of racism, misogyny and all sorts. They also claimed that they would feel the same and demand the sacking of any first teamer involved in such situation and again attacked anyone who suggested otherwise.

So what if, and it seems likely, Pearson didn't agree with the sackings and didn't feel it was as bad as was being made out and the players should have remained at the club. What if he got abusive to the owners during this exchange of opinions. Why are people so willing to suddenly forget their moral stance of a few weeks back, because it's someone important to the first team? Double standards?

I was a big Pearson fan and genuinely believed he was taking somewhere and as such I'm gutted that he's gone, but the guff posted by the pro Pearson brigade as got me siding with those that were anti. The owners have done a lot for this club and the sacking statement suggests to me that this was done with regret because of what Pearson has done and realisation that emotions will run high from supporters but it shows their values are unwavering regarding what they expect from their staff whether it's development players who are getting nowhere near the first team or the manager. A few weeks back they would have been applauded for that.

Leicester will survive despite this, if the next manager is no good he'll go and be replaced but their goal for success remains the same and that's what's important, don't sour this. On the other hand the next manager might bring great success. But people need to reign in their outrage, we don't know for sure what happened, the media speculation is just that, we'll survive, we're still a well run club.

My moral stance has been consistent, I felt sacking hopper was fine but the other two (although I understood the decision) should have been given final warnings. The decision to sack should have been made with Pearson's consent, if he didn't give it or wasn't asked, he has a good reason to feel undermined.

All this is still speculation however.

We still haven't established what has happened, if what Qwerty said in the other thread was true, it appears as if Pearson has held his hands up and said "sorry guys, this is all on me". Should he take the blame? Probably not. Has he? Possibly. The club has done the right thing by not dragging all this mess through the mud.

Matt's point about the set-up is crucial. We have excellent background work in place. Pearson is replaceable but we might not just be sacking him, we might be losing the fantastic behind-the-scenes team too.

We can't pay for top talent, we can't throw £30 million and £150k a week at players, we need to look elsewhere, as shown by our recruitment since Pearson arrived. To lose everything beyond Pearson would be a huge blow.

Matt's point about the set-up is crucial. We have excellent background work in place. Pearson is replaceable but we might not just be sacking him, we might be losing the fantastic behind-the-scenes team too.

We can't pay for top talent, we can't throw £30 million and £150k a week at players, we need to look elsewhere, as shown by our recruitment since Pearson arrived. To lose everything beyond Pearson would be a huge blow.

We may not though.

It'd be more of a blow if we lose Steve Walsh - the guy who've given us cheap talent in the past (Mahrez, Knockaert, Vardy, among some others).

lol

They put in what, £100m to clear the debt, plus £15m loss in the championship season, what's a "shit load more" than £115m? £300m? You think we made anywhere near that much profit in one premiership season?

Get a grip. You've made your point. We all know you've always hated the owners and realistically we all know why. Well done, Mr Robinson, but maybe it's time to move on, your lies are becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute.

Well, based on your posts over the last couple of days, you clearly think it's that he's a xenophobe who has never liked them for that reason. Yet it's pretty clear that large numbers of left wing posters who are as far away from xenophobic as you can get, completely agree with the arguments Matt is putting forward on this one. I don't exactly agree with Matt's politics, but it's a bit ridiculous that you can get away with these allegations against him when he's done nothing, in this instance, to support them. I think he's skeptical of the owners, because as he says, they've made numerous awful errors.

I've never been as in love with the owners as much everyone else seems to be. It's great they offer free t-shirts and beers, but that's irrelevant in regards to the confidence I have towards them leading our football club. Yes they have invested heavily, but they are business people and they aim is to create a successful club to give greater exposure to King Power and Thailand in general. They aren't doing it to make you or I happy.

They've made some horrendous choices since they've been here. Instructing Mandaric to get rid of Pearson and appoint a high-profile name when negotiating the takeover, appointing Sousa to manage a squad Pearson had built and was successful with, hiring Sven and throwing silly money towards him and finally last seasons shambles when Pearson was sacked then reinstated.

They come across as honourable, generous and kind people but the above is the bread and butter of being good owners.

I've also always been uncomfortable with the level of King Power and Thai branding involved with the club nowadays. If you go to Leicester match you see zero mention or celebration of our history, but bucketloads (or should I say phuketloads) of KP and Thai branding. Add to that the ditching of white as our secondary colour for gold and them trying to get rid of Birch a few years back I'm not convinced that they have been "respectful of the clubs heritage" as the Mercury claimed the other day.

Don't get me wrong, they are certainly much much worse owners out there but they have yet to convince me that they really have the fans best interest at heart and that they are capable of making the correct decisions in regards to the Managers position.

I've every faith in the owners up to now.    

It is their money at risk if they've sacked a successful manager and don't have a viable replacement plan in mind but, as experienced businessmen, I'd be surprised if that were the case. 

Perhaps they would rather take a year or two longer to realise their ambitions than carry on with what has clearly become an uncomfortable situation for them. And why not?

They can afford to do things on their own terms. They've taken the risks and are entitled to call their own tune.

lol

What a pile of tripe - Matt has got it spot on, there might well be extenuating circumstances, like supporting the actions of Smith, Hopper and Jr, but they'd need to be good ones - of managers that have taken charge of 5 games or more for this club, Pearson was 2 of the top 3 in terms of win rates, one of only two permanent managers to have a 50%+ win rate (The other being Martin Allen) in our history. Sacking him needs a bloody good explanation.

And before you come out with some nonsense about me being a racist who hates the owners - I actually had a great deal of faith in them for seemingly being content to sit back and trust footballing men to handle the football side, they didn't seem to meddle, a welcome trait looking at other owners around the country, but with the information we've got so far about this sacking, that faith was seemingly misplaced.

Why oh why does an owner sack a manager of Nigel's calibre to replace him with Neil Lennon?!? 

Nigel will have learnt so much from last seasons mistakes and will be so much better for it. The squad has improved and his backroom staff have all got another years experience and are mostly responsible for such a well run football team. Why risk that? Especially this year when survival means so much in terms of revenue. 

I cannot fathom how a sound business brain justifies these courses of actions. In what plan, or scheme does Pearson for Lennon ever make sense? 

I am a Leicester fan and appreciate the owners actions up to now and will support the club with Lennon in charge but I really am finding it difficult to comprehend recent events. Perhaps when the owners come out and explain their decision it will sit better. 

lol

Just to clarify, my +1 was for the first part of this post

I've never been as in love with the owners as much everyone else seems to be. It's great they offer free t-shirts and beers, but that's irrelevant in regards to the confidence I have towards them leading our football club. Yes they have invested heavily, but they are business people and they aim is to create a successful club to give greater exposure to King Power and Thailand in general. They aren't doing it to make you or I happy.

They've made some horrendous choices since they've been here. Instructing Mandaric to get rid of Pearson and appoint a high-profile name when negotiating the takeover, appointing Sousa to manage a squad Pearson had built and was successful with, hiring Sven and throwing silly money towards him and finally last seasons shambles when Pearson was sacked then reinstated.

They come across as honourable, generous and kind people but the above is the bread and butter of being good owners.

I've also always been uncomfortable with the level of King Power and Thai branding involved with the club nowadays. If you go to Leicester match you see zero mention or celebration of our history, but bucketloads (or should I say phuketloads) of KP and Thai branding. Add to that the ditching of white as our secondary colour for gold and them trying to get rid of Birch a few years back I'm not convinced that they have been "respectful of the clubs heritage" as the Mercury claimed the other day.

Don't get me wrong, they are certainly much much worse owners out there but they have yet to convince me that they really have the fans best interest at heart and that they are capable of making the correct decisions in regards to the Managers position.

In a nutshell... spot on!!!

+

lol

Not to nit pick or anything but surely Pearson has earned that money back for them? £70million for this season and then at least another £65million next year after Pearson kept us up this year.

Manderic hired Sousa, everything that suggests otherwise is fans speculation. I don't like the over branding but unfortunately that's modern football sponsors want to be seen though it's a shame the images they had round the ground haven't been restored/remade.

Our second colour has been gold a long time before they owners came, as well as white, black, red and green. As for the birch, again it was Manderic who tried to get rid, the Thais gave him some honorary title which basically gave him a job for life.

Manderic hired Sousa, everything that suggests otherwise is fans speculation. I don't like the over branding but unfortunately that's modern football sponsors want to be seen though it's a shame the images they had round the ground haven't been restored/remade.

Our second colour has been gold a long time before they owners came, as well as white, black, red and green. As for the birch, again it was Manderic who tried to get rid, the Thais gave him some honorary title which basically gave him a job for life.

Not at the expense of white though. White has always featured as well as gold. Not the case with the new kit.

What concerns me is if this is a sacrifice based on saving face back in Thailand. I understand they are legends there but that has sweet FA to do with a premier league football club. Having been to Thailand a few times they are very proud people which I respect but it wouldn't suprise me if Pearson (as our "leader") was sent packing to save face back home. Not ignoring the fact they clearly had quite a strained relationship from the last "sacking".

Archived