Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

They have well and truly fooked this haven't they?!

I was convinced they had a new man sorted. What kind of cretin doesn't line up a replacement? They could have left Pearson in charge and given him the bullet next week.

Vichai is clearly a polo playing luncatic.

Would've been the best option.

Guest MattP

Well, based on your posts over the last couple of days, you clearly think it's that he's a xenophobe who has never liked them for that reason. Yet it's pretty clear that large numbers of left wing posters who are as far away from xenophobic as you can get, completely agree with the arguments Matt is putting forward on this one. I don't exactly agree with Matt's politics, but it's a bit ridiculous that you can get away with these allegations against him when he's done nothing, in this instance, to support them. I think he's skeptical of the owners, because as he says, they've made numerous awful errors.

I've put him on ignore now as he's an obvious troll, if he seriously does believe the things he is saying then he needs serious help. His accusation that I'm actually Terry Robinson is the best one yet though.

Presently, we're in turmoil. We've sacked a manager with no obvious replacement (or improvement). We've signed three players, two of which haven't kicked a ball for us yet. The best choices either don't want the job or are probably looking higher.

Onto the squad. We have 60% of our centre midfield available at the moment, Drinkwater didn't have a great season, Hammond is useful but injury prone, that leaves King, who had a decent campaign, as our top midfielder currently. What if bids come in for the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy, Mahrez? Will we reject them? Would they want to stay right now?

We're five weeks from the start of the season with no manager and a squad that needs boosting. That remains on hold. Shakespeare and Walsh are overseeing things but with how much determination knowing they could well be out the door soon behind the boss?

I'm trying really hard to look for positives presently but just can't find any.

They've made some horrendous choices since they've been here. Instructing Mandaric to get rid of Pearson and appoint a high-profile name when negotiating the takeover, appointing Sousa to manage a squad Pearson had built and was successful with, hiring Sven and throwing silly money towards him and finally last seasons shambles when Pearson was sacked then reinstated.

Problem with all that is we don't know which decisions they were making, Mandaric was still around so who knows what advice they were taking.

Presently, we're in turmoil. We've sacked a manager with no obvious replacement (or improvement). We've signed three players, two of which haven't kicked a ball for us yet. The best choices either don't want the job or are probably looking higher.

Onto the squad. We have 60% of our centre midfield available at the moment, Drinkwater didn't have a great season, Hammond is useful but injury prone, that leaves King, who had a decent campaign, as our top midfielder currently. What if bids come in for the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy, Mahrez? Will we reject them? Would they want to stay right now?

We've five weeks from the start of the season with no manager and a squad that needs boosting. That remains on hold. Shakespeare and Walsh are overseeing things but with how much determination knowing they could well be out the door soon behind the boss?

Ditto... I cannot believe I've gone from being the most excited about a season that I think I've ever been, to so down in the dumps and unsure of where we are now going as a club. :(

We've five weeks from the start of the season with no manager and a squad that needs boosting. That remains on hold. Shakespeare and Walsh are overseeing things but with how much determination knowing they could well be out the door soon behind the boss?

Ditto!

I was really looking forward to the new season, exciting fast football, with players made of the right stuff mentally a step up in the quality of players we're able to attract as well as turning bids down for our current best players

Now everything has been thrown out the window & at the moment I'd be no more assured in them than I would be Vincent Tan etc.

It's an awful situation & unless they were speaking to someone along about coming in & confident they'd join, it's just a bizarre situation. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Amazing turnaround.

We're five weeks from the start of the season with no manager and a squad that needs boosting. That remains on hold. Shakespeare and Walsh are overseeing things but with how much determination knowing they could well be out the door soon behind the boss?

Spot on.

A bid for Schmeichel would end him leaving for me. He's always stated how Pearson is the best manager he's ever worked under so if a bid does come in what's now keeping him at Leicester? Especially now his form has improved since his injury. 

What concerns me is if this is a sacrifice based on saving face back in Thailand. I understand they are legends there but that has sweet FA to do with a premier league football club. Having been to Thailand a few times they are very proud people which I respect but it wouldn't suprise me if Pearson (as our "leader") was sent packing to save face back home. Not ignoring the fact they clearly had quite a strained relationship from the last "sacking".

Apparently it is quite the opposite

Carnt believe what some are saying on this thread 2 weeks ago are owners were the best thing since sliced bread now after sacking nige they are some sort of horrible bosses get a grip people let see who they get in before we start slagging them off

Ditto!

I was really looking forward to the new season, exciting fast football, with players made of the right stuff mentally a step up in the quality of players we're able to attract as well as turning bids down for our current best players

Now everything has been thrown out the window & at the moment I'd be no more assured in them than I would be Vincent Tan etc.

It's an awful situation & unless they were speaking to someone along about coming in & confident they'd join, it's just a bizarre situation. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Amazing turnaround.

They weren't. They really did sack NP without knowing who they would replace him with.

Come on fellas, there's life after Pearson. He got lucky with the run-in - thoughtfully lucky without a doubt and I was genuinely pleased for him. But he also took the piss on occasions for a bloke who was supposed to be the public image of the club.

As a bit of a rebel myself - and with a disciliplinary record I could never be proud of - I was even pleased he got away with it given what he'd done for us.

But he was often guarded or even resentful of the media,  cautious or frustrating tactically within periods of apparent enlightenment, and inclined to arrogance when a little humility might have helped him a bit more.

Overall I'd give him 7/10 as a manager but, having known a few outstanding managers in and out of football, I reckon you need a bit more than that at top level - which is where we're supposedly aiming.

It's a blow to lose Pearson at this stage - something I honestly didn't think I'd concede. And I don't rule out him gaining from this experience and becoming a better manager in future.

But he's gone, our seemingly damned good owners have made their decision - presumably in  the best interests of a club they've committed millions to - and, for me, it is time to look forward and show some faith.

If that faith proves misplaced I'm sure we'll all have our say. But what's done is done and it's time to move forward and to concentrate on what wed're trying to achieve.             

Come on fellas, there's life after Pearson. He got lucky with the run-in - thoughtfully lucky without a doubt and I was genuinely pleased for him. But he also took the piss on occasions for a bloke who was supposed to be the public image of the club.

As a bit of a rebel myself - and with a disciliplinary record I could never be proud of - I was even pleased he got away with it given what he'd done for us.

But he was often guarded or even resentful of the media,  cautious or frustrating tactically within periods of apparent enlightenment, and inclined to arrogance when a little humility might have helped him a bit more.

Overall I'd give him 7/10 as a manager but, having known a few outstanding managers in and out of football, I reckon you need a bit more than that at top level - which is where we're supposedly aiming.

It's a blow to lose Pearson at this stage - something I honestly didn't think I'd concede. And I don't rule out him gaining from this experience and becoming a better manager in future.

But he's gone, our seemingly damned good owners have made their decision - presumably in  the best interests of a club they've committed millions to - and, for me, it is time to look forward and show some faith.

If that faith proves misplaced I'm sure we'll all have our say. But what's done is done and it's time to move forward and to concentrate on what wed're trying to achieve.             

I think once someone is in it will be easier for people to move on. Its the uncertainty. 

If it goes well under the new man, there will be some red faces at some of the stuff posted in the last few days though!

We don't know how it played out - but just imagine: If you are managing a company or football club or whatever and you have a difficult decision to make (...say how to discipline some guys) - and you are prepared to put principles first (even when it might hurt performance) then I think that merits some respect. If you then have a key employee expressing his unhappiness with your decision, then you have to think hard about whether the character is prepared to draw a line and move on or if this will be an ongoing problem that will undermine things.

Whatever the fall out was about - if the owners felt they couldn't carry on working with NP - even if this might jeopardise things - then they have to let him go. IT would be a nightmare to carry on with such a divisive situation.

There are some great qualities to nigel - but look at his dispute with Knocky for example - he can't draw a line and move on. At some point he was always going to make another gaff and get sacked - I am just sorry it was right now when a bit of stability would have been good. I am sure the owners would know that too - but on balance, they must have decided it was better to start over with someone else... ie. they judged life without Nigel would be preferable to life with him (- he should think about that).

I think once someone is in it will be easier for people to move on. Its the uncertainty. 

If it goes well under the new man, there will be some red faces at some of the stuff posted in the last few days though!

Yup, when all you see is us linked to championship/league 1 managers and shits like Paul Lambert how can anyone move on or be optimistic about what lies ahead. 

Manderic hired Sousa, everything that suggests otherwise is fans speculation. I don't like the over branding but unfortunately that's modern football sponsors want to be seen though it's a shame the images they had round the ground haven't been restored/remade.

Our second colour has been gold a long time before they owners came, as well as white, black, red and green. As for the birch, again it was Manderic who tried to get rid, the Thais gave him some honorary title which basically gave him a job for life.

Fans speculation maybe, but it was pretty strong and does add up.

We've never had gold as our secondary colour before these owners. We've had hints of yellow in the past, but Leicester City is no longer blue and white, but blue and gold.

I recall the Birch situation being around the time of the takeover.

Fans speculation maybe, but it was pretty strong and does add up.

We've never had gold as our secondary colour before these owners. We've had hints of yellow in the past, but Leicester City is no longer blue and white, but blue and gold.

I recall the Birch situation being around the time of the takeover.

Fosse gold!!! How could you forget

you know if you don't like the decision just don't go anymore, move onto whatever team he goes to. we don't need you disloyal barstewards

that's what most of you jokers were saying to pearson critics earlier this season.

the owners have done us proud over the last 3 years.

who knows what they're going to do.

but i'll back them.

Tony for once I nearly agree with you !!

Our second colour has been gold a long time before they owners came, as well as white, black, red and green.

Come on vlad, even if your memory is that bad you can always have a quick look at historicalkits.com.

All those other colours were tertiary, not secondary, and gold was extremely rare even as a tertiary colour (you're thinking of yellow).

White has been our secondary colour for almost all of the last 110 years, gold never made an appearance on home kits till 2013 and it's never once replaced white as our secondary colour until now.

Of course there's life after Pearson, but I won't be taking too much note of someone's opinion when Solskjaer was their last idea of a good manager

I've never heard such bollocks as getting lucky with the run-in though, unless you also agree that we were unlucky with the preceding 27 games... when other teams had been "lucky" in those games, by playing lower teams, hence being a few points above us until we started to play the lower teams.

Regardless of how 14th came about, we were 14th once every team had played each other twice, the fact we played Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool etc while they were playing QPR, burnley etc was a contributory factor in them being above us.

That's the second time you have put insinuations of racism forwards, do you have any evidence to back it up or are you just being the nasty little troll we all know you are?

Don't argue with them. Once they play the race card they're untouchable.

My point is that although I am also gutted and although I feel it is a bad decision, I have no proof that what they have done is purely to protect the mothership brand at the expense of our club. We don't know the facts but I firmly believe this decision was not one they wanted to make but felt forced to make. Our club's success is now entwined with their brand success so I don't think you can separate the 2 and do something on one that doesn't impact the other.

If as a result of this we get relegated that will do far more brand damage than keeping Pearson in place. They know this and hence I believe they took a hard decision they felt was right for the long term success of not only King Power but also the football club. It will take a lot to convince me it was the right decision but it's done, I respect their decision as i think I owe them that but only time will tell what impact it will have.They now need to put all measures in place to make good of this and make sure they mitigate risk by getting the right man in and supporting him as much as is needed.

oh and I think they have learnt a lot since they first started and will put getting a replacement into the hands of footballing people rather than making some dodgy appointment themselves.though this remains to be seen

So why sack off a manager who survived comfortably in the end without even having an actual contingency plan?

The whole thing is a recipe for disaster. I hope they make me eat these words, but I don't get how with their track record we can have any blind faith.

Archived