Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

The Thais have done enough for me to respect them

I say it again, this is not a logical line of thinking.  It's far more likely that Nigel Pearson made it impossible for the club to retain him due to the James Pearson saga, not the other way around.  Look at the reports claiming that James will be challenging his dismissal, or that Nigel may plan to sue Leicester City.  Its not that the owners were not willing to overlook it, it was that Nigel and his son were not willing to accept the consequences.

If this is even remotely true, you cannot blame the owners.  They were only doing what the fans and the media and even the Thai government demanded they do - sack the lot.  So, Nigel was not in conflict with the only the owners.  He was in conflict with everyone on here and in the media and around the world who demanded his son be sacked.  And I suspect that includes a vast majority of those on here who are now trashing the owners.

I've not read anything regarding the fact that the 'Pearson's' were looking to sue or challenge the dismissal. If this is the case, then yes I agree we cannot blame the owners. I am tentative to accept that this was the line of reasoning, because for me NP doesn't fit the bill in terms of image and it seemed as though the owners were looking for any excuse to remove him. (Bear in mind this is what I think, not a fact). He is not charismatic or high profile enough to take the brand of Leicester City and KP globally.

I'm not thrashing the owners, but we need them to explain themselves. Like I've said, he wasn't the best at maintaining relations with anyone outside Leicester City, but he delivered results.  The owners have been fantastic, and the whole orgy saga has damaged their reputation in Thailand and like I've said if NP backed it or his son then fair enough, he deserves to go. But why they wouldn't say this or let the fans know is remarkable. When I talked about overlooking the incident, I meant that if he had no involvement why was he being punished?

Always had the impression that for some reason they were looking for an excuse to sack Pearson as soon as we got back into the PL?

Seriously? Like they've never had a reason uptil now?

Seriously? Like they've never had a reason uptil now?

I've always had the impression that his remit was to get us to the PL, and then they wanted a bigger name to match for when we were in the big league. We've seen it with Adkins at Soton and even Malky Mackay at Cardiff. It may be why they went straight for Sven when they came in, but that didn't work out. 

The timing of the Thailand incident could have helped their cause a little bit, and made it easier to remove him. They have had many reasons to sack him and did already do it in February tbf. He could have gone then, but part of me thinks they were pragmatic in sensing that with a possible return to the Championship there was no better man than Pearson at the helm. 

Maybe I'm being cynical but I've never felt that Pearson was fully loved by the owners as much as SGE was.

I've not read anything regarding the fact that the 'Pearson's' were looking to sue or challenge the dismissal. If this is the case, then yes I agree we cannot blame the owners. I am tentative to accept that this was the line of reasoning, because for me NP doesn't fit the bill in terms of image and it seemed as though the owners were looking for any excuse to remove him. (Bear in mind this is what I think, not a fact). He is not charismatic or high profile enough to take the brand of Leicester City and KP globally.

I'm not thrashing the owners, but we need them to explain themselves. Like I've said, he wasn't the best at maintaining relations with anyone outside Leicester City, but he delivered results.  The owners have been fantastic, and the whole orgy saga has damaged their reputation in Thailand and like I've said if NP backed it or his son then fair enough, he deserves to go. But why they wouldn't say this or let the fans know is remarkable. When I talked about overlooking the incident, I meant that if he had no involvement why was he being punished?

I know there some hearings and supposedly James Pearson was not found to have said anything racist but he was sacked anyway. It seems to be the only explanation that fits the facts - family over job for Nigel. I don't think they took the decision lightly, not after sticking with him when all seemed lost last season. Who knows.

Of course there's life after Pearson, but I won't be taking too much note of someone's opinion when Solskjaer was their last idea of a good manager

I've never heard such bollocks as getting lucky with the run-in though, unless you also agree that we were unlucky with the preceding 27 games... when other teams had been "lucky" in those games, by playing lower teams, hence being a few points above us until we started to play the lower teams.

Regardless of how 14th came about, we were 14th once every team had played each other twice, the fact we played Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool etc while they were playing QPR, burnley etc was a contributory factor in them being above us.

I do think we were "unlucky" in some of the 27 games. And gradually some of the confidence drained from us as a result. We were lucky on the run in because we didn't get unlucky if that makes sense. Our tactics were pretty positive and Huth's arrival clearly solved a problem and accommodated a more effective system. But to go so long without losing or drawing a game we "deserved" to win was unusual. Even iffy refereeing decisions could have made the difference. As for Solskjaer, he thoroughly disappointed me. And himself I'd imagine.      

Only on FT.

The owners going from being the best owners any club could ever want, to being a bunch of plonkers in the space of a few days.

It seems that sacking Pearson has turned many people's minds 180%. Many of the reasons for saying they were utterly fab have been forgotten now Sir Nigel is no longer our manager.

If I had a picture of some flip-flops, I'd post it.

:thumbup:

I know there some hearings and supposedly James Pearson was not found to have said anything racist but he was sacked anyway. It seems to be the only explanation that fits the facts - family over job for Nigel. I don't think they took the decision lightly, not after sticking with him when all seemed lost last season. Who knows.

Fair enough, your explanation seems logical. I'm probably just over analysing things, but since Pearson has come back the owners just seem a bit more cautious. SGE was given more freedom imo

Only on FT.

The owners going from being the best owners any club could ever want, to being a bunch of plonkers in the space of a few days.

It seems that sacking Pearson has turned many people's minds 180%. Many of the reasons for saying they were utterly fab have been forgotten now Sir Nigel is no longer our manager.

If I had a picture of some flip-flops, I'd post it.

:thumbup:

Come on col, you are the master of flip flops.

Guest Foxin_mad

This has been done to protect the King Power brand and their reputation at home. They have no consideration for our club. I had a lot of respect for them but niw they are just another faceless bunch of ***** making our club into a circus.

This has been done to protect the King Power brand and their reputation at home. They have no consideration for our club. I had a lot of respect for them but niw they are just another faceless bunch of ***** making our club into a circus.

Well they are businessmen and their priority is to make money... But to say they have no consideration for the club is very harsh...

The same James Pearson whose contract expired on June 30th? He missed out on what? 2 weeks wages?

All they had to do was withdraw his new contract offer and he is was out of a job at midnight on Wednesday.

Weird how so many people claim "in the know " and know what happened but have differing accounts.....

They have pumped obscene amounts of money into the club, not just the playing staff but the whole infrastructure. The hysteria surrounding Pearson going is unbelievable.There are 2 sides to a story and not sure we have heard one side yet one thing we do know is that Pearson has left the club. Was there anyone on here who at no time last season thought Pearson would be sacked after all we were bottom for something like 140 days with some awful PR mistakes from the manager thrown in. Whatever has happened IMVHO was no kneejerk reaction and during their time here the owners have done right by the club.

Not sure they had the greatest input in getting rid of Pearson first time round and Sousa was a mistake. Pretty much everyone thought Sven was a positive ambitious step and lets be very clear with this the experiment cost the owners a huge amount they brought back Pearson and have pretty much stayed in the background investing heavily in the club and lets remember in 4 years we had our stumbles.

Since the season has ended we have brought in 3 very good additions to the squad and are in for some more who we should all be excited about, does anyone think our squad has been weakened? Yesterday we were heavily linked with spending around another £20 million on a couple of very exciting additions which if just to appease the fans is a bloody expensive way of doing things. Pearson has left we need to deal with it, about a year ago Pearson had a heart scare and might have had to step down the same thing could have happened and we would be in exactly the same position. So lets look forward wishing Nigel all the best for the future and I for one have a feeling the next manager will take us further, having a pop at the owners will get us nowhere and if this turns out to be an error then they will be the ones paying for it.

They have pumped obscene amounts of money into the club, not just the playing staff but the whole infrastructure. The hysteria surrounding Pearson going is unbelievable.There are 2 sides to a story and not sure we have heard one side yet one thing we do know is that Pearson has left the club. Was there anyone on here who at no time last season thought Pearson would be sacked after all we were bottom for something like 140 days with some awful PR mistakes from the manager thrown in. Whatever has happened IMVHO was no kneejerk reaction and during their time here the owners have done right by the club.

Not sure they had the greatest input in getting rid of Pearson first time round and Sousa was a mistake. Pretty much everyone thought Sven was a positive ambitious step and lets be very clear with this the experiment cost the owners a huge amount they brought back Pearson and have pretty much stayed in the background investing heavily in the club and lets remember in 4 years we had our stumbles.

Since the season has ended we have brought in 3 very good additions to the squad and are in for some more who we should all be excited about, does anyone think our squad has been weakened? Yesterday we were heavily linked with spending around another £20 million on a couple of very exciting additions which if just to appease the fans is a bloody expensive way of doing things. Pearson has left we need to deal with it, about a year ago Pearson had a heart scare and might have had to step down the same thing could have happened and we would be in exactly the same position. So lets look forward wishing Nigel all the best for the future and I for one have a feeling the next manager will take us further, having a pop at the owners will get us nowhere and if this turns out to be an error then they will be the ones paying for it.

Genuinely top top post

It's a roller coaster and I think we should all get buckled in and try and enjoy the ride

Something we don't know is how much relaxation of the FFP rules is expected.

There were ways rumours that some extremely wealthy people were in the shadows behind the owners. if the rules are going to allow ridiculous sums to be spent In the pursuit of glory then all bets are off. Anything is possible if you can sell a dream with the money to back it. As I said at the beginning, how much relaxation of the rules though?

Sound reasoning at last, well done!

Something we don't know is how much relaxation of the FFP rules is expected.

There were ways rumours that some extremely wealthy people were in the shadows behind the owners. if the rules are going to allow ridiculous sums to be spent In the pursuit of glory then all bets are off. Anything is possible if you can sell a dream with the money to back it. As I said at the beginning, how much relaxation of the rules though?

Wonder if those wealthy people were the Thai Royal Family as I have heard rumours before that they are part of our ownership; whether true or not I don't know, but it makes us pretty well off.

I still think we have the best owners in the prem in Vichai and Top but who knows what went on behind closed doors that made them lose faith in Pearson but by the look of investment into players at the min they only want the best for us

Archived