Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Greatest Leicester City Players?

Probably Steve Walsh (from my lifetime).

If I was born in the 60'/70's, probably Frank Worthington (who apparently has slight Alzheimer's now unfortunately).

Yeah, agree. Another player that should played for England more.

Steve Claridge - as someone mentioned above - scored two of our most important goals ever.

Of those recent teams surely Flowers and Keller are better options in goal than Fullop and Kasper?

Flowers, yes. Keller was generally a good keeper but could be quite error prone though, I think Schmeichel is better than him, but Flowers is definitely a level above both of them.

Banks

I King Elliott Cross

Weller Izzet McLintock Gibson Riley

Dougan Worthington  Stringfellow

A bit of licence with the positions.

Used to like watching Joachim. When he was in full flight, he was unstoppable!

Joachim never fulfilled his potential for me - could have been top class. Remember a brilliant goal he scored away at Barnsley I think it was in the cup? One of the few players who got me out of my seat when he got hold of the ball.

The players to have played the best for City, in my lifetime:

1. Lennon

2. Walsh

3. McAllister

4. Heskey

5. Lineker

6. Claridge

7. Izzett

8. Elliott

9. Thompson

10. Guppy

Pretty close to my top 10 is that. Supposed I'd have to replace Steve Thompson with Cambiasso just to appease the youngsters on here lol

In my lifetime.....

Flowers

Elliott    Walsh   Taggart

Piper     Cambiasso  Lennon  Izzet    Guppy

Heskey  Dickov

Guest bss9401

Gordan Banks rolls the ball out to Septimus (had to get that in) Smith, who plays a short pass to Esteban Cambiasso... Passes wide to Laurie Cunningham... Crosses to Gary Lineker who prods the ball into the net!!! Many possible variations but that immediately sprung to mind.

Three blink and you'll miss them players - Mancini, Collymore and Laurie Cunningham.

I guess they don't count cus they were only here five minutes but each of them good enough to make any top ten.

I notice nobody's gone for Robbie Sav.  Didn't he say that he was one of our all time best players when he went to Derby? 

Archived