Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Greatest Leicester City Players?

Banks

Shilton

Nish

Weller

Worthington

Lineker

Walsh

Lennon

Izzet

Cambiasso

Cambiasso is the best of them all IMO.

Wouldn't be far off the full 10 but would sub out Nish for Chandler or Rowley.

Could also make a case for Mark Wallington and Big Emile.

I believe Ricky Sappleton is being drastically overlooked in my opinion though.

Banks

Shilton

Nish

Weller

Worthington

Lineker

Walsh

Lennon

Izzet

Cambiasso

There are a few more that could be added in, McAllister for instance.

Chandler and Rowley both over 250 goals each, have to be on any top 10 list.

There are a few more that could be added in, McAllister for instance.

Agree with you both.

McAllister would be up there but I overlooked him when rapidly thinking of my top 10.

I'm sure we had some very good players pre 60's/70's but they were even before my time! (Chandler, Rowley, Gibson, McLintock, to name just a few).

The two most talented players that I've seen in a Leicester shirt are Laurie Cunningham and Stan Collymore....Neither was at the Club for a great deal of time, but they left a mark on me...Cambiasso is up there as well, but I'm not as impressionable these days.

Thanks for the contribution so far, it's been great! Attempting to narrow it down is a hard task but at least it is taking my mind off the managerial situation! In response to questions about greatest/best players, I was mainly looking for the players who weren't necessarily the best technically but those who are held in high regard by fans because of the impact they had upon the club, but other player suggestions are most welcome .So if anybody has anymore 'nominations', feel free to suggest them. I will probably conduct a poll in the next week or so to get a definitive order.

Cheers again, keep an eye out for the article soon!

Thanks for the contribution so far, it's been great! Attempting to narrow it down is a hard task but at least it is taking my mind off the managerial situation! In response to questions about greatest/best players, I was mainly looking for the players who weren't necessarily the best technically but those who are held in high regard by fans because of the impact they had upon the club, but other player suggestions are most welcome .So if anybody has anymore 'nominations', feel free to suggest them. I will probably conduct a poll in the next week or so to get a definitive order.

Cheers again, keep an eye out for the article soon!

The problem with doing a poll is it is heavily skewed towards our most recent players. Cambiasso will win followed by Izzet with Walsh third.

As many people haven't seen the likes of lineker,Weller, banks, Chandler and Rowley play.

Banks

Shilton

Nish

Weller

Worthington

Lineker

Walsh

Lennon

Izzet

Cambiasso

I've been following City since 1968, I can't really argue against any of the selection above.

Clearly I'm sure there were some great players pre 1968 that I don't know like Arthur Rowley that we hear lots about, but the ones in the list above are certainly the ones I've appreciated over the years.

Archived