Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dormelcfc

Greatest Leicester City Players?

Thanks for the contribution so far, it's been great! Attempting to narrow it down is a hard task but at least it is taking my mind off the managerial situation! In response to questions about greatest/best players, I was mainly looking for the players who weren't necessarily the best technically but those who are held in high regard by fans because of the impact they had upon the club, but other player suggestions are most welcome .So if anybody has anymore 'nominations', feel free to suggest them. I will probably conduct a poll in the next week or so to get a definitive order.

Cheers again, keep an eye out for the article soon!

impact..Weller, Chris Garland, Huth, Worthington, D.Gibson, Vardy.

Guest MattP

Sep Smith

Chandler

Rowley

Banks
Shilton

Nish

Gibson

Cross
Weller
Worthington
Lineker

Izzet

Walsh

Claridge

(bolded the real 'greats')

Sep Smith

Chandler

Rowley

Banks

Shilton

Nish

Gibson

CrossWeller

Worthington

Lineker

Izzet

Walsh

Claridge

(bolded the real 'greats')

I guess a test would be to discuss great players with other clubs supporters and see their response to ours. Few would rate cross, Walshy or izzet as highly as we would but they would certainly do banks, Shilts, Keith, frank, linkeker and Gary mac and of course EC.

But the title is vague and 'greatest' has a wide definition.

Alan Smith never comes up in these lists....He was a great player for Leicester.

I remember the 1985-86 season where we stayed up on GD. I have never seen another Leicester team which has been closer to being a one-man team than that one with Alan Smith. We'd have finished bottom by a mile without him.

Ranks right alongside Lineker and Worthington for me as our three best strikers in my time (didn't see Rowley or Chandler) though never gets mentioned as much.

Here's my team since i've been going down.

Kasper

Morgan,Elliot,Walsh

Kaamark,Lennon,McAllister,Guppy

Izzet

Heskey, Claridge

Subs:

Poole

Grayson

Gary Mills

Cambiasso

King

Savage

Cottee

I've not just based it on ability but more what they've achieved for the club, and how consistent they were/are.

Archived