Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Just had the worst bug ever where I had an FA Cup semi final on the same day the whole of my first team where coming back of international duty. Had to play my U18 side against Cardiff as they where still traveling, only had 4 first team players. Kept redoing it until I won, aint being cheated by the computer.

Has anyone had an entire unbeaten league season?

Im 3 games from an unbeaten season with Juve, only made 2 signings, Fernando from Man City and Willian from Chelsea, both been amazing.

Sold Asamoah to PSG for 20 mil, ended Cuadrado's loan.

Got Verratti and Bellerin coming in for season 2, done the deals already

Finally getting this today. Not sure who to start as. Usually always have a go with Leicester first but even if I win the league it's only on par with real life lol

Might start with either Norwich, Watford or Derby. Any recommendations?

Finally getting this today. Not sure who to start as. Usually always have a go with Leicester first but even if I win the league it's only on par with real life lol

Might start with either Norwich, Watford or Derby. Any recommendations?

Blackpool would be a challenge

Yeah or Pompey maybe

Im personally not that hardcore of a player, i just like taking over big teams and challenging for the biggest prizes.

Did a good Solihull Moors career on 15 where ended up leaving them after promotion to the football league to manage Dagenham, then Charlton......was like an actual real life career progression

I always like to start with a div 2 team - pref east mids but the restraints on those teams are getting prohibitive.

I use mine to find new players and try to sign them, i have final say though, saves me the bother of looking and sometimes they find some gems on low contract fees

Hi mate I've replied to you as you seem to know your stuff. Just downloaded fm16 directly from steam. Does the winter update automatically apply or do i have to download it? If so how do i do that?

What do people think of the director of football on FM? What responsibility do they give them? How much impact is he actually having? Just curious.

I don't have one.

Prefer to handle contracts and signings myself. I make sure my scouting team are superb though.

Hi mate I've replied to you as you seem to know your stuff. Just downloaded fm16 directly from steam. Does the winter update automatically apply or do i have to download it? If so how do i do that?

The winter update is automatically on there

glad I could help.

Keep getting a crash on this same date, does anyone know what might be causing it? I'm googling as well, but it makes sense to ask here at the same time

Nevermind, I seem to have fixed it by removing the custom database I added. Those of you who downloaded the English tiers down to 23 pack, save often.

What do people think of the director of football on FM? What responsibility do they give them? How much impact is he actually having? Just curious.

I just let him sort out staff contracts, annoying when you have 20 to sort through at the end of the season, he just does them automatically, just gives everyone new deals dont trust him with player ones.

Just on a practical level

1) Morale shouldnt fluctuate as badly as it does. 2 wins, everyones sky high. 2 defeats everyone is on the floor. Lets be more real about this. Especially if you are a side thats expected to struggle at the bottom of the league.

2) Bookings are ridiculous. Some players are getting booked 20 times a season and getting sent off 3 or 4 times. Thats just silly.

3) More goals should come from passing buildups, and less from crosses. There should also be deflected shots that go in and wrong foot the keeper. And strikers should shoot across the keeper a lot more.

Just on a practical level

1) Morale shouldnt fluctuate as badly as it does. 2 wins, everyones sky high. 2 defeats everyone is on the floor. Lets be more real about this. Especially if you are a side thats expected to struggle at the bottom of the league.

even if you expect to be shit, it still sucks to be a player

2) Bookings are ridiculous. Some players are getting booked 20 times a season and getting sent off 3 or 4 times. Thats just silly.

less aggression, more fines for being booked

3) More goals should come from passing buildups, and less from crosses. There should also be deflected shots that go in and wrong foot the keeper. And strikers should shoot across the keeper a lot more.

that can be achieved with the right instructions 

The only thing that still frustrates me after playing for 300+ hours is when players are 3 yards from goal with an impossible angle to shoot from, plenty of teammates free in the box, and decides to shoot instead of pass for an easy tap in. Why has this still not been fixed as I think it was an issue in last years game.

Archived