Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Conceding goals is still my main problem. Played 20, conceded 31 so far. Shocking but don't know what else to do.

Last season I conceded 55. Both seasons before that I conceded 60 odd.

Started a new save after the update and absolutely decimated Ligue 1 with an average Montpellier side. Was far too easy, lost once all season.

PSG nearly caught me at the end only because I drew 8 out of my last 10 games, most of which were 1-1.

I think the game's still a bit broken.

I dominate this FM as usual but its still the worst one in years for me. I lose interest after three or four seasons which is a problem I've not faced before. I can't put my finger on the problem either, too much detail perhaps or maybe it seems a bit repetitive at times when it comes to players asking to leave etc. FM10 and FM12 will always be my favourites. Notts County in FM10, what an experience!

Conceding goals is still my main problem. Played 20, conceded 31 so far. Shocking but don't know what else to do.

Last season I conceded 55. Both seasons before that I conceded 60 odd.

Cleared my conceding problem up... Changed formation and now play with a holding man in front of midfield. Last 8 games I have 5 clean sheets. 

Went on a 8 match unbeaten run which moved me up to 7th with three games remaining then I lost to Birmingham as always.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever done a Lets Play type deal on YouTube? Or better yet does anyone watch people that do? 

Thinking of giving it a crack over the summer now uni has finished, just as a pastime really but obviously don't want to be another one of the naff ones doing boring saves, with boring chatter that everyone does. Need something to make it stand out and have a decent narrative keeping it going.

Got an idea, pretty similar to Work the Space actually - in fact it's pretty much identical, whereby I'd create a new team from scratch in a properly rubbish country and go from there. I'd create a badge, kit, stadium and whatnot too which could be fun and give them their own sort of identity. Then I'd give them better than average youth facilities, not amazing, so I'd potentially get some decent players after a few years and sort of take it a few games at a time with the videos. Keeping everyone up to date with fixtures, signings and big events etc. 

I just need some sort of niche, otherwise it's just going to get lost in the crowd. Could potentially do some side videos. Maybe I could create certain cult players from clubs back in the day instead of the world class ones that always get posted by these channels and simulate and see what happens to them. I don't know how popular that'd be really, it'd just be a bit of fun for me really seeing how Robbie Savage fared if he could redo his career or someone like Jimmy Bullard if he didn't have glass legs. Again, just a bit of fun, and doesn't require me talking like a robot the whole time.

Any suggestions or ideas? No matter how daft.

Anyone ever done a Lets Play type deal on YouTube? Or better yet does anyone watch people that do?

Thinking of giving it a crack over the summer now uni has finished, just as a pastime really but obviously don't want to be another one of the naff ones doing boring saves, with boring chatter that everyone does. Need something to make it stand out and have a decent narrative keeping it going.

Got an idea, pretty similar to Work the Space actually - in fact it's pretty much identical, whereby I'd create a new team from scratch in a properly rubbish country and go from there. I'd create a badge, kit, stadium and whatnot too which could be fun and give them their own sort of identity. Then I'd give them better than average youth facilities, not amazing, so I'd potentially get some decent players after a few years and sort of take it a few games at a time with the videos. Keeping everyone up to date with fixtures, signings and big events etc.

I just need some sort of niche, otherwise it's just going to get lost in the crowd. Could potentially do some side videos. Maybe I could create certain cult players from clubs back in the day instead of the world class ones that always get posted by these channels and simulate and see what happens to them. I don't know how popular that'd be really, it'd just be a bit of fun for me really seeing how Robbie Savage fared if he could redo his career or someone like Jimmy Bullard if he didn't have glass legs. Again, just a bit of fun, and doesn't require me talking like a robot the whole time.

I don't know why but this came into my head, is there any way of getting the full ratings of players from say Championship Manager 97-98 and putting them into the game?

So for example, pick a team that is no longer in the Premier League, e.g Bradford, Charlton, that were in the PL in 97-98 (I have no idea if Bradford or Charlton were, they are just two examples that popped into my head). Then re-create their squads and play and see how they do in the current league.

You might then get requests from people "can you do one using the 99/00 Portsmouth team" or something like that, that could keep it going. Just a suggestion.

I dont play FM but i think if your editing is good and you keep it light hearted and little jokes in there you will build some fans :) not sure how well FM plays do though as never watched any.

I don't know why but this came into my head, is there any way of getting the full ratings of players from say Championship Manager 97-98 and putting them into the game?

So for example, pick a team that is no longer in the Premier League, e.g Bradford, Charlton, that were in the PL in 97-98 (I have no idea if Bradford or Charlton were, they are just two examples that popped into my head). Then re-create their squads and play and see how they do in the current league.

You might then get requests from people "can you do one using the 99/00 Portsmouth team" or something like that, that could keep it going. Just a suggestion.

Not a bad shout but creating players from back then could be tricky! I do like the idea of introducing players from the past though so will keep an open mind about this idea.

I've always wondered what the odds are of them doing a database from the past. Not just with the legendary players but everyone from that time. Appreciate it would be ridiculously hard to do.

I've always wondered what the odds are of them doing a database from the past. Not just with the legendary players but everyone from that time. Appreciate it would be ridiculously hard to do.

licensing would probably be difficult too

Started a league as Monaco to follow in Claudio's footsteps, and to hopefully end the PSG dominance

So far so good, 6 points out of 6 in the league, drew 0-0 away to Valencia in final Champions League qualifying with home leg to come. Signed Martins Indi and Rincon to solidify the spine of the team.

Quietly hopeful

Club have sent us some Leicester/FM pack as part of their promotional stuff, looks from the link like it adds player faces/logo/kits officially. Anyone checked it out yet? Is it worth downloading?

Club have sent us some Leicester/FM pack as part of their promotional stuff, looks from the link like it adds player faces/logo/kits officially. Anyone checked it out yet? Is it worth downloading?

Ive downloaded it and cant see any difference. Have i done it wrong and what is suppose to change.

Archived