Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

Loving this new update. I'm using a 4-3-3 with a holding midfielder. Drinky, Kante and Mahrez have been great for me so far. Only 7 games in but just beat City at home, putting us in 6th for now. Hoping to stay in the top 6 for the first season and then push on from there. Huth has already picked up 2 pretty long term injuries, one in pre season and he's now out for 2 months cause he's done something to his hip in training!

Well I'm finally making progress. Finished 5th in first season and won the fa cup. Unbelievable. Just sold Kante for 60m to Man City .Very sad moment but couldn't turn that down.

I've spent today mostly fuming at Adam Johnson scoring a last minute winner against me last night..... should probably update the game but got a good one going!

It's funny how differently people can approach it. I've made massive changes to the team. Already know who I'm getting rid of next season and the season after.

In:

Pablo Hernandez - £2.1m

Bernard - £16m

Mayke - £6m

Angel Correa - £17.5m

Daniele Rugani - £19.5m

Giuseppe Tedesco - £600k

Ben Garratt - £1m

Lukasz Teodorczyk - £8m

Out:

Ulloa - £6.5m

Albrighton - £19.5m

Kingy - £5.5m

Obviously spent a lot as I spread out the cost over 48 months. I'll be keeping Rugani, Correa and probably Bernard for good. Can only see Mahrez and Kante still being with me in season 3 from the rest. Tactically, I'm never that astute but I am the master at bringing in money. Haven't played since FM 2014 so we'll see what happens. My match familiarity has been awful and I had a poor start with 1 point from 3 but I'm on a 6 game unbeaten run (beat Man City 2-0 at home and then I've just come from 3-0 down with 11 mins to go against Arsenal, to draw 3-3.)

Usually find the second half of the season to be better but maybe not this time.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as i have just got this, but is it just me or are there a ridiculous amount of goals from crosses on this version, both scoring and conceding?

First thing I noticed too, seems to be a lot more conceded than scored in my case though haha

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet as i have just got this, but is it just me or are there a ridiculous amount of goals from crosses on this version, both scoring and conceding?

Yes it is stupidly high. I think all my tactics involve getting it into wide areas because of this bug.

I had a great few games where Ivan Franjic would cross it in to Erik Partaluu, who would smash it into the back of the net. Still didn't help us win, but that's because I couldn't defend.

Partaluu had a period where he scored six goals in five games and was player of the match in four of them. That was great.

I'm playing in china because i started a pentagon challenge

51 minutes: Liangsheng 1-1 Yiteng

61 minutes Liangsheng 1-5 Yiteng

wtf lol, I'm not even angry just wtf 

It finished 5-3

I'm playing in china because i started a pentagon challenge

51 minutes: Liangsheng 1-1 Yiteng

61 minutes Liangsheng 1-5 Yiteng

wtf lol, I'm not even angry just wtf 

It finished 5-3

That seems to happen sometimes, I went from 1-0 down to 4-0 down in five minutes once.

That seems to happen sometimes, I went from 1-0 down to 4-0 down in five minutes once.

It was entirely my own fault, they were playing a 433 narrow against my shoddy, chinese 2nd tier back 4

I think this game does have issues sometimes. I was 0-0 as Melbourne City against some random third-division team after 30 minutes. 4-0 down at half time.

It'll be your tactics

chinese players are absolutely shit, I've just played a friendly against an amateur team and won 3-2, with the goals I conceded being own goals ffs lol

Is anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of injuries since the update? I started as Leicester I'm currently top after 36 games but spurs have 2 games in hand and are only 4 pts behind me. Kante has been out for 6 months. I've lost vardy and king for 3 months. At the minute I have no fit strikers and I can only just scrape a starting 11 together.

Is anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of injuries since the update? I started as Leicester I'm currently top after 36 games but spurs have 2 games in hand and are only 4 pts behind me. Kante has been out for 6 months. I've lost vardy and king for 3 months. At the minute I have no fit strikers and I can only just scrape a starting 11 together.

Must be a new "Managing Arsenal" bug!

Archived