Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Football Manager 2016

The only thing that still frustrates me after playing for 300+ hours is when players are 3 yards from goal with an impossible angle to shoot from, plenty of teammates free in the box, and decides to shoot instead of pass for an easy tap in. Why has this still not been fixed as I think it was an issue in last years game.

One on ones are my biggest bugbear.

Your Ac 18 / Pa 18 striker has the ball behind the defence and either dawdles so much the 11/10 centre half catches up or - more commonly - runs wide and looks for a cross...... what?

You could have roams from position, looks for pass rather than shoot, runs in to channels, hugs the touchline and whatever else active - when they're one on one they should leg it straight at goal and have a pop.

One on ones are my biggest bugbear.

Your Ac 18 / Pa 18 striker has the ball behind the defence and either dawdles so much the 11/10 centre half catches up or - more commonly - runs wide and looks for a cross...... what?

You could have roams from position, looks for pass rather than shoot, runs in to channels, hugs the touchline and whatever else active - when they're one on one they should leg it straight at goal and have a pop.

The match engine is still naff.

The amount of times I've seen my striker get the ball about 2 feet away from the keeper in the area and blast it right at him, only for all of my players to just stand and watch the rebounding ball trickle away.

Then in the same player will shoot from about a 175 degree angle, right near the byline and nip it in at the near post...

The match engine is still naff.

The amount of times I've seen my striker get the ball about 2 feet away from the keeper in the area and blast it right at him, only for all of my players to just stand and watch the rebounding ball trickle away.

Then in the same player will shoot from about a 175 degree angle, right near the byline and nip it in at the near post...

"HE DIDN'T MEAN THAT!"

Started a new save at Wolves, was enjoying it as I'd got a nice coaching team set up and what seemed like a decent tactic, and a few decent(ish) signings. Win the first game in the Championship, then win 4-0 in a League Cup game and then lose 3 on the spin including a 4-0 thrashing against Cardiff. lol

Kind of put me off continuing with it

Totally agree with this....Have just finished my latest season with Brentford.

Overall I picked up 4 red cards and 45 yellow. (Besic all 4 reds and 11 yellows by himself)!

Try putting besic on ease off tackles and he wont dive in because in his information it says he has a tendancy to dive into tackles. The same thing happened to me and beram kayal at brighton

The defending is ridiculous! Doesn't matter who I play or what system I just can't go a game without conceding at least 2 goals

what's your setup? the deffednig can be frustrating but if you're conceding 2 a game every game then you're doing something wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Having fun in Iceland with Hafnarfjordur (FH). I remember somebody a few years ago on here managed here too. I really like their schedule over there. You play the league cup (in a group stage format with the 24 teams in top 2 divisions with 3 eight team groups). Play 7 games in the group, QF, SF, Final. Being one of the better teams in the country its more or less just a really handy pre-season with 5 substitutions allowed. All games (and I think FA Cup Semis/Final) are played in neutral venues. Super Cup follows a few weeks later, then a league season consisting of just 22 games (teams play each other twice). FA Cup runs in the middle of the season with about 5 games maximum. Season finishes in late September, League Cup begins in February so a massive break inbetween seasons. I've never really managed in Scandinavia so I was interested to see what a European season (providing I would ever get to the group stages) would be like, what with having to play in my off season.

There's a fair bit of decent youth coming through here which I think is the case in real life too. I've kinda abused my big club power here, buying highly rated players from other academies for less than 1k. In my first season I bought a 16 year old English midfielder from a 2nd tier Icelandic side who I was forced into selling to West Ham the following year, despite rarely playing him, for what is to me a whopping 450k. I've also loaded the Finnish leagues in my game, most of my transfers come from Scandinavia, I really have to search for cheap talent with the lack of money around.

First season I won the League Cup and Super Cup. Had a memorable win against Celtic in the 3rd round of CL qualifiers round which took me through to extra time but that was where I went out. Lost to FC Twente in the final round of qualifiers for the Europa League.  Second season just the FA Cup was won. Knocked out of the Europa League 3rd round qualifiers. 

Third season I win the treble, missing out on the FA Cup. Knocked out in the Europa League final qualifying round vs St Etienne. Fourth season, the club was in a bad position financially. We have an election every year to appoint a new chairman (a chairman can stand for a 2nd term maximum). Never known anything like this but still waiting for anybody to pump in a load of money haha. Mid-season my chairman began selling star players without my permission, I think he sold two in season three actually aswell as a further three in season 4. Really not helpful when i'm expected to win all domestic competitions I compete in without fail. Never the less i've always had to rebuild, any half 

decent players of mine usually get poached by other Scandinavian clubs. I also found some cheap Icelandic talent in Holland.

Europe this season though was an obvious highlight. Beat Rabotnicki in the 2nd CL qualifying round, lost to Celtic again in the 3rd meaning Rosenborg stood between me and a place in the Europa League group stages for the first time. I win 4-3 on aggregate, meaning I was given 1.7m for qualifying which wiped out the clubs debt entirely! Never have I won a game on FM so important financially to my club. Needless to say, I was walloped in my group with Galatasaray, CSKA Moscow and Rijeka. Came within a minute of drawing at home to Galatasaray but that was as good as it got. I played a friendly in between match 2 and 3 because of a three week break - my best player picked up a hip injury keeping him out for 7 months. I won the quadruple for the first time but the European defeats towards Christmas put a downer on things.

My 5th and current season has seen me win the quadruple again. I'm now unbeaten in the League Cup in 30+ games. I won the league on KR's own turf (big club and big

rivals). Europe though was fantastic again. I beat Maribor in the CL 2nd round qualifying. I then play Panathinaikos, fluke a 1-0 away from home and score a last minute equaliser at home with 10 men to see me through to guaranteed Europa League group stages at worst. I'm drawn against Copenhagen which was quite kind to me. My young idiot of a RB (aggression problems...) gets sent off early, however I score towards half time and take a 1-0 lead into the break. I concede a last minute equaliser put overall 1-1 away from home I would have taken anyway. Sadly I lose the home leg 2-0, but to my surprise I'm given 2.4m for making it that far, as well as 1.7m for competing in the Europa League group stages. I had fallen into debt again because the board decided to build new training facilities. I'm now 3m to the good with a transfer budget of 1.6m for the next season (bare in mind the most i've spent on a single transfer in 5 years is 80k). I'm well under my wage budget so a few more years of plucking my way through

European qualifiers may see me become more competitive.

That said I don't see me being here much longer. I've opened up the Swedish league to see what I can achieve with a biggish club there. I can't see me achieving anything like I did with Sparta Prague (if anyone remembers) in Iceland with my best players always wanting to move on. I spend a good 8-10 weeks in a row playing midweek games in Europe which is rubbish. Besides from that I really enjoy managing in Iceland and I have no idea why i've written all of this.

Notable players (perhaps?)

Mikkel Andersen (GK, played in England somewhere as a kid)

Manuel Pamic (Croatian LB)

Hjotur Hermannsson (PSV CB)

Matthias Vilhjalmsson (Rosenborg striker, on loan)

Haris Duljevic (Bosnian winger)

That was a great read thanks for posting.

I started a save with Middlesbrough. After a slightly shaky start I'm doing well. 2nd in the table, unbeaten in the last 9 games too I believe. 4-2-3-1 is working great! Not even in January yet but really enjoying this save so far, will try and post a proper update at the end of the season. Jordan Rhodes is absolutely shite for me on this though! He gets caught offside all the time and misses endless 1 on 1 opportunities. I don't know why I keep giving him the occasional start, because I always have to sub him off after like 55/60 mins.

I left Montpellier HSC after winning 3 out of 5 Ligue 1 titles and getting them to the Champions League final because I got offered the Brazil job (my character is Brazilian, obvs.)

And international management is DOGGO. I went through a season in about an hour, simply because there's nothing to do bar play the odd friendly and a short Copa America.

Got offered the Real Madrid job after one season and accepted, basically doing a job-swap with their guy who went to Brazil.

Now there's no challenge whatsoever. Real are ridiculous, and a 35 year old Cristiano Ronaldo is still unstoppable. 

Anyone got a good Barcelona tactic? Real seem incredible on this game and ive won multiple honours with them, but want to dominate with the other half of el classico now

Finished the 21/22 season in 7th place. Only lost 5 games all season though.... but didn't actually progress in the table because I drew about 15 games (most in the league). Was on course for 4th untill I lost in the FA Cup semi final at Wembley - I then lost three matches after, including a 0-3 home defeat to Watford.

Liked that story Walkers. I'm going for more and more less fancied sides. Currently at Sparta Rotterdam. Got some very decent youth facilities and I think that's key for a club like this. I'm midtable Eredivisie right now but we're definitely on the up. Think I'll win the league with these eventually. Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord are all good but they aren't unstoppable like I found PSG to be.

I've always wondered how far you can really progress someone in a league like Holland.

I've loaded up the Icelandic league as well after hearing about the cheap youngsters but truth be told it's done nothing for me and I'm tempted to bin it off.

I imagine top top players in Iceland may be considered decent at best in Holland. I have seen a few go to decent sized clubs in countries such as Belgium

I left FH at the end of my 6th season, started the domestic year terribly failing to make it out of the group stage of the League Cup and also losing the Super Cup. Managed to win the FA Cup and league again but got nowhere in Europe this time. Has anybody ever been at a club for a long time, left, and watched somebody else take over and carry on your good work instead of ruin it? My squads always seem to get torn apart by a new manager lol

I'm now in Sweden with AIK, also got offered the Goteborg job which are a better club in recent years but AIK had a better transfer and wage budget :ph34r: I have a really small albeit supposedly decent squad, but i'm not the sort to sign an entire new squad before ive played a single game. I'm just about on course for the boards target of a top half finish.

I've started a football manager 2016 but with a 2017 database game, I'm managing Leicester, I'm also blogging about it on my website.

I'm currently up to part 5 which is just at the end of the year, I'm calling it The Dream Continues, I would really appreciate any feedback, I really hope you guys like it and enjoy reading it and hope you guys follow it to see how we end up doing.

Unfortunately we are out of the league cup after crashing out after a 3-0 defeat at Man City in the 3rd round.

We qualified from the Champions League Group with a 100% record.

On 27/07/2016 at 12:53, Walkers said:

I imagine top top players in Iceland may be considered decent at best in Holland. I have seen a few go to decent sized clubs in countries such as Belgium

I left FH at the end of my 6th season, started the domestic year terribly failing to make it out of the group stage of the League Cup and also losing the Super Cup. Managed to win the FA Cup and league again but got nowhere in Europe this time. Has anybody ever been at a club for a long time, left, and watched somebody else take over and carry on your good work instead of ruin it? My squads always seem to get torn apart by a new manager lol

I'm now in Sweden with AIK, also got offered the Goteborg job which are a better club in recent years but AIK had a better transfer and wage budget :ph34r: I have a really small albeit supposedly decent squad, but i'm not the sort to sign an entire new squad before ive played a single game. I'm just about on course for the boards target of a top half finish.

I've scouted the league thoroughly and I've come across just one player I have any interest in, and to be honest I've got better youngsters in the same position anyway. It's not been worth loading up. It's good for the size of the place but still ultimately not enough to be of any use.

The Dutch league has now fallen below the Turkish league in terms of reputation and below the Czech league in terms of co-efficient. It's just embarrassing.

Just starting my 3rd season with Wolves.

Pissed the championship 1st season with Adam Le Fondre scoring 36 goals.

Finished 10th in my debut season in the premier league, beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City over the course of the season and also beat Spuds 4-0.

Squad for this season is:

Guillermo Ochoa

Timo Horn

Bart Dragowski

Dominic Iorfa

Eugene Makarenko

Lucas Orban

Eder Balanta

Kevin Wimmer

Moussa Dembele

Danny Drinkwater

Denis Suarez

James Ward-Prowse

Yusuf Poulsen

Demari Gray

Bertrand Traore

Benik Afobe

Davie Selke

Well, Marco Van Ginkel was the star for my Leicester side but couldn't keep him from joining Man City. 

Decent profit but won't be able to replace the average ratings of 7+

20160730110911_1.jpg

On 29/07/2016 at 21:49, WinslowFox said:

I've started a football manager 2016 but with a 2017 database game, I'm managing Leicester, I'm also blogging about it on my website.

I'm currently up to part 5 which is just at the end of the year, I'm calling it The Dream Continues, I would really appreciate any feedback, I really hope you guys like it and enjoy reading it and hope you guys follow it to see how we end up doing.

Unfortunately we are out of the league cup after crashing out after a 3-0 defeat at Man City in the 3rd round.

We qualified from the Champions League Group with a 100% record.

A bit daft how he has scored 35 goals and not even at end of Jan, simply unrealistic and ridiculous. Has FM changed for the worst re this kind of stuff? Back when I used to play it it was a challenge and quite realistic.

4 hours ago, archerm said:

A bit daft how he has scored 35 goals and not even at end of Jan, simply unrealistic and ridiculous. Has FM changed for the worst re this kind of stuff? Back when I used to play it it was a challenge and quite realistic.

You can win the League by signing the Real Madrid/Man City cast offs on the transfer list, having a good season with them then selling them for 5x profit.

My Leicester save I sold over £150m worth of players and I'm still 3rd in the League in Jan 2019:

Kante -  £42m

Brandt -  £23m (signed for £4.2m, played 14 games) 

Sarabia -  £27.5m (some winger from Getafe) 

Vardy - £19.5m (at nearly 31)

Then players like Kovacic are available for ~£10m

On 30 July 2016 at 11:57, Ross-Kemp said:

Just starting my 3rd season with Wolves.

Pissed the championship 1st season with Adam Le Fondre scoring 36 goals.

Finished 10th in my debut season in the premier league, beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City over the course of the season and also beat Spuds 4-0.

Squad for this season is:

Guillermo Ochoa

Timo Horn

Bart Dragowski

Dominic Iorfa

Eugene Makarenko

Lucas Orban

Eder Balanta

Kevin Wimmer

Moussa Dembele

Danny Drinkwater

Denis Suarez

James Ward-Prowse

Yusuf Poulsen

Demari Gray

Bertrand Traore

Benik Afobe

Davie Selke

Finished 4th, Selke bagged 36 goals as the lone striker.

I think my 4231 has been worked out, so I've brought Strootman in on a free, looking at going 433 for the new season.

Suarez was phenomenal.

Archived