Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

Meh. 'Jap' is hardly that serious a term. Not sure why people feel the need to make out it's racist. It's certainly no worse than if some American called him a limey, and you'd have to be an absolute spastic to be offended by that if someone called you it. In fact it's no worse than 'Brit'. Brit - British. Jap - Japanese.

Nobody bats an eyelid and jock, taffy, I-ti, etc. The majority of British people will say they're going for a Chinky. Maybe British people are just less easily offended, unless it's on behalf of someone else of course. We're great at getting offended for other people.

And we're not even sure he said it.

Not bothered by this in the slightest.

And that we also have a Japanese player in our squad as well. How will he take this?

Absolutely love Vardy but in today's day and age should know better than that. Not quite sure what to make of it.

Bad timing that's for sure!!

He's an adult so it's quite likely he won't give a shit at all. I doubt he reads the Sun anyway.

Meh. 'Jap' is hardly that serious a term. Not sure why people feel the need to make out it's racist. It's certainly no worse than if some American called him a limey, and you'd have to be an absolute spastic to be offended by that if someone called you it. In fact it's no worse than 'Brit'. Brit - British. Jap - Japanese.

Nobody bats an eyelid and jock, taffy, I-ti, etc. The majority of British people will say they're going for a Chinky. Maybe British people are just less easily offended, unless it's on behalf of someone else of course. We're great at getting offended for other people.

And we're not even sure he said it.

Not bothered by this in the slightest.

Haha your an idiot, "chinky" is most certainly offensive and racist.....

The words Jap and Paki for example originate based on a hatred of the race in concern, and that is why the word Jap is offensive/racist.

Based on hatred with who? No one I know. When has there ever been a mass hate towards Japanese people in this country?

Words originate from all sorts of bollocks, you'd be surprised.

Based on hatred with who? No one I know. When has there ever been a mass hate towards Japanese people in this country?

Words originate from all sorts of bollocks, you'd be surprised.

Ohh none, the Japanese didn't torture British POW's now did they...

Arent you odd?? Your posts are not big, clever, informative of funny. Why bother...

Never insult an e s n dwarf, it`s not big and it`s not clever !  sod off Micky you are a bit of a dick mate ! will think about it when I go for a ride on my JAP tomorrow,  that`s a motorcycle by the way just in case I`m accused of racism.

It's 'you're'. As in 'you're calling me an idiot? How ironic.'

Or as in you're deciding what's offensive and racist now?

I'm telling you it isn't. People don't dislike Japanese people in this country, they're largely quite popular. But shortening Japanese to Jap automatically means you hate them?

Great logic.

Again, how many people have said "Im off to the chinky" or "Im having a chinky" for tea. Im guilty of it. Doesn't mean Im racist, just means Im hungry. Again, all boils down to the context and intention behind using it.

He's an adult so it's quite likely he won't give a shit at all. I doubt he reads the Sun anyway.

People do love to be offended though. Ironically them beeing offended by every perthetic p.c. bollocks thing offends me, it like a full circle head f'k

It's 'you're'. As in 'you're calling me an idiot? How ironic.'

Or as in you're deciding what's offensive and racist now?

I'm telling you it isn't. People don't dislike Japanese people in this country, they're largely quite popular. But shortening Japanese to Jap automatically means you hate them?

Great logic.

Read a book, look into some history. It wasn't so long ago that the older generation in this country wouldnt buy Japanese made items due to their hatred.. Educate yourself and yes my grammar is poor but your still an idiot...

Again, how many people have said "Im off to the chinky" or "Im having a chinky" for tea. Im guilty of it. Doesn't mean Im racist, just means Im hungry. Again, all boils down to the context and intention behind using it.

Same as saying off to the "paki" shop....

Ohh none, the Japanese didn't torture British POW's now did they...

Christ you can't even speak English properly.

Why is that relevant? Do you think British people have a hatred towards Japanese people?

Oh and it's not like people are horrified when English people call the Germans Krauts or Gerries either.

Again, logic seems to go totally out the window when it comes to all this 'racism' rubbish. People have to get all irrational and sensitive.

Never insult an e s n dwarf, it`s not big and it`s not clever ! sod off Micky you are a bit of a dick mate ! will think about it when I go for a ride on my JAP tomorrow, that`s a motorcycle by the way just in case I`m accused of racism.

Put the drink down and go to bed old man..

Same as saying off to the "paki" shop....

Well its not though is it. That is known to cause offence. In the context I may have used "chinky" in the past as in food, I don't see it as offensive, nor do intend it to be.  If someone were to go "Get out the way you stupid chinky ****" to a Chinese person, then yeah I agree its racist because it is meant to be offensive and their race is being singled out in order to offend. That is racist, and believe me, I hate racism - we can agree on that.

Type Chinky in google :

Chinky:
  1. 1.
    a Chinese person.
  2. 2.
    British -
    a Chinese restaurant or a Chinese meal.

Read a book, look into some history. It wasn't so long ago that the older generation in this country wouldnt buy Japanese made items due to their hatred.. Educate yourself and yes my grammar is poor but your still an idiot...

Was Vardy one of them?

You admit your grammar is poor yet you order me to read a book lol

Haha jog on. Learn to write and I'll consider your views worthy of something.

Christ you can't even speak English properly.

Why is that relevant? Do you think British people have a hatred towards Japanese people?

Oh and it's not like people are horrified when English people call the Germans Krauts or Gerries either.

Again, logic seems to go totally out the window when it comes to all this 'racism' rubbish. People have to get all irrational and sensitive.

The English hated the Japanese, yes. Again, educate yourself, you are discussing something you have zero knowledge about. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I just posted earlier in the Okazaki thread that I didn't realise 'Jap' was offensive, and I lived in Asia for years. The Japanese don't even call their country Japan, that's an English name, so how 'Jap' is offensive I don't know, and wouldn't expect the likes of Jamie Vardy to know either.

Regardless, if he has said this, you just have to wonder what on earth is going on with the mindset and attitude of these players. We know you earn a lot of money, well done, you're good at kicking a ball, but do you really need to be such complete twats?

Archived