Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

Clearly it is about the attitude behind the statement.

By the way this is only a story now becuase some sub team members behaved disgracefully and stupidly against women (yes - I think that is worse than Hopper's racism) and brought the club's name into it by transmitting it.

Japs, scotts, poles and other words are hardly that offensive terms but we want to be offended by anything and everything it seems. If he out and out called him somthing terrible it would be worth looking into but "jap" isn't it just a short or slang for Japanese. If someone said brit would you care.

The comparison between calling someone a Jap and a Brit or an Aussie is absolutely astonishing.

Roles reversed, Vardy told to 'walk on Brit' in a Tokyo bar. That would also be seen as discriminatory at best, racist at worst.

Japs, scotts, poles and other words are hardly that offensive terms but we want to be offended by anything and everything it seems. If he out and out called him somthing terrible it would be worth looking into but "jap" isn't it just a short or slang for Japanese. If someone said brit would you care.

We really haven't moved on as a nation. Institutionally racist.

As I say, I would not consider calling someone a Jap, Pole, Brit etc offensive or racist under certain circumstances. It depends entirely on the context they are being used in. "He is a pole, a brit, a Jap." I don't see anything wrong with that. "Paki" is recognised as being offensive and has been for years. The issue comes when you start using it in a completely different way i.e "Get out the way Jap". Under those circumstances, there is no need whatsoever to single out the fact he is Japanese. It has nothing to do with him being "in the way", and I see no reason to use it other than to try and be offensive.

I really like Vardy, a lot. But I think there is a darker side to him reading about his past. Just hope this turns out to be a load of shit and we can forget it ever happened. Would be gutted to lose him.

Sorry, but your wrong. Of course its racist. How can it not be?

Have a word with yourself Large Michael, would say Big Micky but the words Big and Micky are a bit offensive, Jap is never in a million years a racist term.

Have a word with yourself Large Michael, would say Big Micky but the words Big and Micky are a bit offensive, Jap is never in a million years a racist term.

Apart from how, if he did say it, he's using the word "Jap" to put the fella down. 

We really haven't moved on as a nation. Institutionally racist.

Institutionally offended. To say using the word makes someone a racist is a sweeping statement surely depends on circumstances like if its said as in a negative way.

Brits ? aussies ? yanks ? Iti`s ?  Krauts ? Micks ? Paddy`s ? Jocks ? Taffy`s ? Kiwis ? Ruskies ? just a few off the top of my head, tell me, which of these are racist and which are not ? 

It's not the word, it's the connotations that it brings.

The word "Paki" would have been perfectly fine at one point but it has become a derogatory word for anyone from the sub continent and is now a racist term. 

It's like the word "Pom" as used by the Aussies to the English. On the face of it it sounds a lot more insulting than the word "Paki" but because it's used as a term of endearment then it doesn't cause offence to English people.

Words aren't racist on there own, even the word "nigger" isn't racist if used in the right context, it's the underling current of how the word is used. If Japanese people find the word "Jap" offensive then it's racist, no question.

it would be genuinely interesting to see the reaction to this if it was someone as disposable, as say Nugent. I like Vardy, but I don't know how anyone can defend these deplorable actions if they do in fact turn out to be true. 

Calling Nuge "disposable" is terribly offensive, even "deplorable" in my opinion ! 

Omg i cant believe how far some people go for 1 i can really seen him saying chap and the sun just trying to make something of it and 2 so wot if he said it theres a lot worse of things happening in the world and differently doesn't make him a racist saying jap

Omg i cant believe how far some people go for 1 i can really seen him saying chap and the sun just trying to make something of it and 2 so wot if he said it theres a lot worse of things happening in the world and differently doesn't make him a racist saying jap

omg I no rite

Archived