Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Virginia Shooting live on TV

I am going to put the link up here but mods can delete if believe distasteful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl8okt4BuU4

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34062118

Two US TV journalists shot dead during a live report in Virginia, employer confirms

gunman still on the loose. 

http://news.sky.com/story/1542039/two-dead-as-shooter-opens-fire-on-news-crew?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Two journalists have died as a gunman opened fire on a news crew during a live broadcast at a Virginia shopping plaza, says CBS News.

A reporter and videographer for affiliate WDBJ died in the shooting during Wednesday morning's broadcast.

Gunfire rang out as a journalist conducted an interview at Smith Mountain Lake in Moneta.

Screaming is heard as the camera drops to the ground and the broadcast cuts back to the studio where a female anchor is sitting in stunned silence.

Franklin County Sheriff’s Office told Sky News the suspect targeted the news crew at 6.45am.

The attacker remains at large, said a police spokeswoman.

Guest MattP

That is horrific to watch, you can see the gunman as well when the camera drops.

I feel sick, don't watch it if you haven't already.

Jilted lover was what I thought originally. Can't be random, surely.

As does anyone who campaigns against gun control. Absolute scum.

Hmmm, not sure about this. Plenty of countries with lax gun laws. I reckon I could wander down to a 'second hand' bric-a-brac market in most cities east of Budapest and buy myself a gun. It seems to be a question of psyche in the US - shoot first ask questions later. But maybe I'm oversimplifying it....

Say it is Islamist, what statement does killing 2 random people filming a local news piece send out to us Westerners?  

It's not a target that means anything at all so imo it's 'just' some guy with issues like we see a lot of from the states.

Hmmm, not sure about this. Plenty of countries with lax gun laws. I reckon I could wander down to a 'second hand' bric-a-brac market in most cities east of Budapest and buy myself a gun. It seems to be a question of psyche in the US - shoot first ask questions later. But maybe I'm oversimplifying it....

But you can't shoot someone if you don't have access to a gun.

It's absolutely wrong.

There isn't a single country with strict gun controls with a high gun crime rate.

Say it is Islamist, what statement does killing 2 random people filming a local news piece send out to us Westerners?  

It's not a target that means anything at all so imo it's 'just' some guy with issues like we see a lot of from the states.

especially at 6:45am.

Live television broadcasting? It's like free advertisement and it's exactly why Al Quaeda flew two plans into the twin towers.

That will no doubt make millions of people feel unsafe tonight.

Archived