Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Virginia Shooting live on TV

Guest MattP

Does anyone really think banning them would do anything? Various parts of Central and South America have banned firearms yet it's the area in the World you are most likely to be killed with one.

Guns are ingrained in US culture, it's a country built on them and whisky. I don't think it would make a jot of difference.

whaaat the video he posted is mental. how long was he waving a gun about a yard from them without them even noticing. barely believable. 

hope he tried to kill himself and failed. 

Let's hope he's suffering as much as possible.

I think it's sweet justice if he faills to kill himself and ends up getting life in jail; but the rediculous irony is that his crime is enough to constitute the state death penalty.

whaaat the video he posted is mental. how long was he waving a gun about a yard from them without them even noticing. barely believable. 

hope he tried to kill himself and failed. 

It's like he wanted someone to stop him.

It's like he wanted someone to stop him.

yeah i thought that at first. like he gets within arms length, gun pointing and then backs off, puts it down for ten seconds then goes back. 

which makes you think he must be even more of a psycho, because he stopped and thought about it and still went and did it. maniac. 

I think it's sweet justice if he faills to kill himself and ends up getting life in jail; but the rediculous irony is that his crime is enough to constitute the state death penalty.

True, but most people spend years on death row before being executed. This will be the best outcome possible, let him spend the longest years of his life dreading the inevitable. Utter piece of shit.

yeah i thought that at first. like he gets within arms length, gun pointing and then backs off, puts it down for ten seconds then goes back. 

which makes you think he must be even more of a psycho, because he stopped and thought about it and still went and did it. maniac. 

He waited for the cameraman to pan round, he's a reporter himself and knew that would get the most coverage. 

The pre-gun waving was supposed to put them in fear and react to him waving a gun at them while live on camera, guess it didn't work out how he wanted it to.

Life imprisonment a far more fitting punishment. That said, the death penalty takes years to administer due to red tape. It's why it isn't actually that great an idea.

True, but most people spend years on death row before being executed. This will be the best outcome possible, let him spend the longest years of his life dreading the inevitable. Utter piece of shit.

Many of those cases are due to appeals and re-trials etc, this guy literally posted the video of him doing it on his twitter, with the motive and reasoning before. I imagine he will get the death sentence though.

He waited for the cameraman to pan round, he's a reporter himself and knew that would get the most coverage. 

The pre-gun waving was supposed to put them in fear and react to him waving a gun at them while live on camera, guess it didn't work out how he wanted it to.

even so he still had the opportunity to think about it for a moment, something not many killers/gunmen probably have. there's a difference between having a plan to blast into somewhere and gun a few people down, but to get there and still be calculated enough to wait for the moment to do the most damage is even more f ucked up. 

Does anyone really think banning them would do anything? Various parts of Central and South America have banned firearms yet it's the area in the World you are most likely to be killed with one.

Guns are ingrained in US culture, it's a country built on them and whisky. I don't think it would make a jot of difference.

If you can go to the shopping centre and pick one up after a small security check anymore then it's going to help. Doing nothing is not going to solve it, placing stricter controls on methods of obtaining them will help.

Nobody thinks it's going to stop in a day or two after they announce gun control. It's a culture thing like you said so it's going to take years. But it needs to happen.

If you can go to the shopping centre and pick one up after a small security check anymore then it's going to help. Doing nothing is not going to solve it, placing stricter controls on methods of obtaining them will help.

Nobody thinks it's going to stop in a day or two after they announce gun control. It's a culture thing like you said so it's going to take years. But it needs to happen.

People will kill people with whatever if they're ****ed up enough to want to do that. Yes, in fairness it's easier to kill with a gun. But there are plenty of non-violent gun owners who may keep them for sport, or protection. Should Islam be outlawed because some Muslims decide to kill people? No, the vast majority of Muslims are normal people, same goes for gun owners.

They were given the 2nd amendment for a reason; to protect themselves from any future that threatens America be it enemy forces or a totalitarian government. With the state of governments worldwide, and their own, I think they're best off keeping the guns.

to be fair i see what you're saying but this geezer wanted to go to his old workmates/place of work and kill them. whether he did that with a gun he could legally obtain, a gun he illegally obtained, a knife, a homemade bomb or a fooking baseball bat he was going to do it. 

for other cases and for general bringing down the gun rate then yes you're probably right, but in this particular case i massively doubt gun control would have prevented this murder. 

You don't even need background checks or for the firearm to be registered if you by it from a gun fair.

The laws are ridiculous.

I genuinely have felt safer in South Africa than Baltimore.

People will kill people with whatever if they're ****ed up enough to want to do that. Yes, in fairness it's easier to kill with a gun. But there are plenty of non-violent gun owners who may keep them for sport, or protection. Should Islam be outlawed because some Muslims decide to kill people? No, the vast majority of Muslims are normal people, same goes for gun owners.

They were given the 2nd amendment for a reason; to protect themselves from any future that threatens America be it enemy forces or a totalitarian government. With the state of governments worldwide, and their own, I think they're best off keeping the guns.

It's a bit more difficult to pick up a religion and kill someone in an instant with it if you're feeling pissed off though

to be fair i see what you're saying but this geezer wanted to go to his old workmates/place of work and kill them. whether he did that with a gun he could legally obtain, a gun he illegally obtained, a knife, a homemade bomb or a fooking baseball bat he was going to do it.

for other cases and for general bringing down the gun rate then yes you're probably right, but in this particular case i massively doubt gun control would have prevented this murder.

Are you serious? He couldn't have done the same with a knife or a baseball bat.

A gun allows an assailant to be a little distant from their victim, they can shoot multiple times in rapid succession, even as a victim runs away.

With a knife, you have to be up close, it is difficult to make repeated stabbing motions on multiple victims, and you cant easily throw a knife if they run away. Same with a baseball bat. Try bludgeoning multiple people to death in an open space. It isn't going to happen.

A bomb requires skills and planning. Picking up your gun and firing requires no thought or preparation.

Are you serious? He couldn't have done the same with a knife or a baseball bat.

A gun allows an assailant to be a little distant from their victim, they can shoot multiple times in rapid succession, even as a victim runs away.

With a knife, you have to be up close, it is difficult to make repeated stabbing motions on multiple victims, and you cant easily throw a knife if they run away. Same with a baseball bat. Try bludgeoning multiple people to death in an open space. It isn't going to happen.

like i said, in this particular case this nutter wanted to kill these people. he was going to kill them whether he used a gun, an atomic bomb or his own hands. 

it wouldn't have been as easy, no. but he seemed pretty fu cking intent on doing it, so he'd probably have seen it through. look at the way he stays composed and waits to do it etc. he was always going to do it. 

again, as i said, no guns would stop a lot of crazy kids shooting up schools because as you have pointed out you can't spare of the moment run into a school and kill 50 people with a wooden spoon, but if you want to kill someone and you plan to kill someone, you're probably going to go and kill someone, gun laws or no gun laws. we've got gun laws in the uk and people still get shot because people still plan how to get a gun and how and when to shoot people. we just don't get guns as easily falling into the wrong hands and it all being so "every other day". 

Archived