Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Virginia Shooting live on TV

Live television broadcasting? It's like free advertisement and it's exactly why Al Quaeda flew two plans into the twin towers.

That will no doubt make millions of people feel unsafe tonight.

it also means the media wont report live at the scene like they do for every other shooting ive ever know in america.

if anything it will cause a blackout. 

Live television broadcasting? It's like free advertisement and it's exactly why Al Quaeda flew two plans into the twin towers.

That will no doubt make millions of people feel unsafe tonight.

Like Rambo says, at 6:45 am?  The USA's had problems with gun-toting nutjobs since forever, there's no reason to presume this one's any different.

Horrible occurance.

I watched the bit afterwards where they mention the two being in relationships with colleagues, the lady was with one of the news anchors and the male camera man was engaged to the producer who's last day it was today! They were about to move to Charlotte together for new jobs.

As mentioned above credit to the team for carrying on with their jobs.

Like Rambo says, at 6:45 am?  The USA's had problems with gun-toting nutjobs since forever, there's no reason to presume this one's any different.

Do you think that network puts its news on at 6.45 am because nobody will watch it then?

I personally think it's a random nutter too, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was linked to some terrorist organisation.

Do you think that network puts its news on at 6.45 am because nobody will watch it then?

I personally think it's a random nutter too, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was linked to some terrorist organisation.

it makes no sense to go for local news networks at 6:45am.

you wanna make a statment you go for the good morning america studio which is a glass bowl if i recall. 

you go national. 

this in comparrision is like a member of midlands today (or east midlands today depending which you pick up) getting killed to send a statement to cameron.

it makes no sense to go for local news networks at 6:45am.

you wanna make a statment you go for the good morning america studio which is a glass bowl if i recall. 

you go national. 

this in comparrision is like a member of midlands today (or east midlands today depending which you pick up) getting killed to send a statement to cameron.

Why not?

That video has been seen by millions of people. Even if people didn't see it live it's still cause for mass terror.

EDIT; Do you not think that England would be properly worried if someone died on live tele over here? It's terrorism.

Why not?

That video has been seen by millions of people. Even if people didn't see it live it's still cause for mass terror.

EDIT; Do you not think that England would be properly worried if someone died on live tele over here? It's terrorism.

it would be in england. we dont keep guns after dumblaine made us have stricter gun control:

since that day in america there have been 160 school shootings. 

This isn't terrorism, this is a twat with a gun. 

Please don't call out for gun regulations and mention 'gun problems' after an incident such as this, it was clearly a targeted attack.

The fact is whenever something like this is publicised, it's almost always spun to reflect the dark sife of American gun culture, when in reality the day to day problems are far worse, and the isolated anomoly incidents such as this, are a reason to call for reform - don't be dragged in.

Please don't call out for gun regulations and mention 'gun problems' after an incident such as this, it was clearly a targeted attack.

The fact is whenever something like this is publicised, it's almost always spun to reflect the dark sife of American gun culture, when in reality the day to day problems are far worse, and the isolated anomoly incidents such as this, are a reason to call for reform - don't be dragged in.

dont mention gun problems after gun attack?

k

it would be in england. we dont keep guns after dumblaine made us have stricter gun control:

160 school shootings with a combined death toll that 'certified' terrorist groups could only dream about sounds a hell of a lot like domestic terrorism to me.

This is a twat with a gun that has caused mass terror.

I would think twice about going to get milk from the local cornershop if I saw someone in my area get shot on television.

Don't spin it out of control beyond what it is. 

Spin what out of control?

Gun crime correlates to poor gun control. it's a massive problem and this kind of thing doesn't happen without strict gun control (or at least it very, very rarely does).

Why not?

Creating fear as a side effect of your decision to rock up and shoot 2 people on a minor tv show at 6:45 in the morning is not the same thing as terrorism which is done with clear political/religious motives.

It's yet another guy with yet another gun yet again fatally shooting somebody in the USA.  At least this time it wasn't a policeman.

Whether its day to day issues or isolated i think it doesnt matter. something has got to change in terms of gun control. But no way in hell that is going to happen and we all know that. Even if it did there are so many guns out there you cant possibly eradicate them.

Most importantly Condolences to the families, friends and colleagues who lost two people today to senseless violence. Im absolutely shocked after seeing the incident.

Creating fear as a side effect of your decision to rock up and shoot 2 people on a minor tv show at 6:45 in the morning is not the same thing as terrorism which is done with clear political/religious motives.

It's yet another guy with yet another gun yet again fatally shooting somebody in the USA.  At least this time it wasn't a policeman.

The guy I quoted was talking about getting to Cameron, which would be terrorism.

This incident has created terror (purposely or not), which is different.

Different aims, same end. Is there really much between the two?

Spin what out of control?

Gun crime correlates to poor gun control. it's a massive problem and this kind of thing doesn't happen without strict gun control (or at least it very, very rarely does).

If it wasn't broadscast it would be a non-story. If this shooter hadn't of had a gun at his disposal he would have stabbed them or attacked them in a different mannor; he targeted them for a reason. It isn't some deranged 'i'm going to shoot up the school' lunatic.

Archived