Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Virginia Shooting live on TV

Different aims, same end. Is there really much between the two?

If it were the same end then no, but the shooting's the start point of the fear so we're really discussing same beginning, different aims and what it would mean.

If it's a nutjob then only the immediate area's going to feel any less safe tonight as a result.  

If it were an act of terrorism it would represent an entirely different sort of danger, the message essentially being that they'll attack anywhere no-matter how trivial or random. To me that's a huge difference and one we fortunately don't need to worry about.

If it were the same end then no, but the shooting's the start point of the fear so we're really discussing same beginning, different aims and what it would mean.

If it's a nutjob then only the immediate area's going to feel any less safe tonight as a result.  

If it were an act of terrorism it would represent an entirely different sort of danger, the message essentially being that they'll attack anywhere no-matter how trivial or random. To me that's a huge difference and one we fortunately don't need to worry about.

Given the amount of shootings that occur, that's an awful lot of immediate areas that are going to have felt 'less safe' over the last few years.

What gets me is how acts of terrorism by various groups stoke up a truly insane amount of fear and 'decisive' action in return, when shooting events like this are responsible for far more deaths every single year and yet everyone in the US just seems to consider that part of life.

Guest MattP

It's still on his Facebook page, absolutely unbelievable.

I can't watch it, I had to look away soon as he points the gun.

It's still on his Facebook page, absolutely unbelievable.

I can't watch it, I had to look away soon as he points the gun.

Wish it didn't autoplay when I clicked on his twitter. He points the gun for at least 10-15 seconds and they don't realise he's stood just behind them

Given the amount of shootings that occur, that's an awful lot of immediate areas that are going to have felt 'less safe' over the last few years.

What gets me is how acts of terrorism by various groups stoke up a truly insane amount of fear and 'decisive' action in return, when shooting events like this are responsible for far more deaths every single year and yet everyone in the US just seems to consider that part of life.

I fully agree with that sentiment.  Barmy isn't it?

Saw the twitter feed before it got taken down, seems a bit unreal how much time he spent just stood there holding the gun out with nobody paying him any mind, the blonde one had to have seen him, surely?  Well clearly not but still, hard to get my head around that footage.

Saw the twitter feed before it got taken down, seems a bit unreal how much time he spent just stood there holding the gun out with nobody paying him any mind, the blonde one had to have seen him, surely?  Well clearly not but still, hard to get my head around that footage.

I'm glad I didn't see it before it got taken down. 

I know the Second Amendment in the US is practically sacrosanct, but when are they going to look at better mental health guidelines and coverage for owning and carrying firearms, as well as within the population in general?

Probably not soon if the shrinks can charge $200/hour consistently.

Looked like he was waiting for the Cameraman to pan back around so the shots would be broadcast live  :nono:

Guest MattP

Social media is unfortunately going to make this stuff even worse going forward, imagine a lot of these lunatics will thrive on knowing their actions will be watched.

The video is on YouTube, surprised they haven't taken it down yet, he waited for the camera to swing around to the interview before he fired.

Just seen it via Twitter. Horrific.

He gets very close to them at first though. 

Thankfully I haven't seen the video, nor do I wish to... 

These kind of events really raise moral questions over something like autoplay. It's largely used to boost video views for the purposes of advertising, but how many people, or children for that matter, literally watched two people get shot and killed without even knowing what they were watching?

Social media's great, but on days like today it really isn't.

Archived