Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burtonsfox

A gift for the owners from the fans

I would suggest that if this is going to happen it should be done through or in conjunction with Union FS.

A tifo with some Thai sentiment would be received well, and they already have the backing of the club and are respected by the fans and the owners.

I think the general point of us mardy gits is this:

If for one min you think the owners wouldnt sh1t on the fans if it was more important to their business then you are sadly deluded.

I just dont get the whole love for the owners. They are here to make money. If it was not Leics it would be another club. They likely have a whole department or at least a person who is reaponsible for coming accross as caring and loving parents to the fans. Fact is. Its a business.

I have no real issue with the intention of this chap. Its more a general observation of the view our owners are held in which I personally find silly.

My long held strong belief is all clubs should be owned by the fans. Fact is our working persons sport which was always supposed to be accessible by the normal working family has been turned into a horror of a corporate machine designed to take more and more money from the working man and into the pocketa of rich owners and broadcasters.

And for that reason alone, even if the owners showered me with free beer daily, they are getting not a single penny more than is required from me in order to watch my team.

If for one min you think the owners wouldnt sh1t on the fans if it was more important to their business then you are sadly deluded.

I just dont get the whole love for the owners. They are here to make money. If it was not Leics it would be another club. They likely have a whole department or at least a person who is reaponsible for coming accross as caring and loving parents to the fans. Fact is. Its a business.

I have no real issue with the intention of this chap. Its more a general observation of the view our owners are held in which I personally find silly.

My long held strong belief is all clubs should be owned by the fans. Fact is our working persons sport which was always supposed to be accessible by the normal working family has been turned into a horror of a corporate machine designed to take more and more money from the working man and into the pocketa of rich owners and broadcasters.

And for that reason alone, even if the owners showered me with free beer daily, they are getting not a single penny more than is required from me in order to watch my team.

That is the point.

To the owners, LCFC is a money making business, be it clearly one they enjoy running. Im sure the owners of our favourite supermarkets enjoy their business aswell, but the bottom line is they are also looking to make money. By that principle, would you raise money to buy a gift for the MD of Morrisons when they give you some decent BOGOF offers or a free bag for life? It sounds a ridiculous when you put it like that.

The owners have done some great stuff for this club - wiping out the debt, buying the stadium etc. But be under no illusion, they didnt do that out of the good of their heart, they did it because long term, it is a better business decision for them.

We give LCFC our loyalty and we pay our money, that is more than enough.

Some miserable bastards in here today, it's quite simple to me- Someone has come up with an idea, if you like it support it and make a donation. If you don't, don't stress just don't get involved.

I like the idea, yes they are doing their job but they are doing it very well at the minute and I got one believe that we need to recognise good people for the good that they do.

Question to the people saying this is odd/ weird to give money/ a gift to a stranger just doing their job.

Do you top the paper boy,those sort of people? Get a little gift for your kids teacher at the end of the year?

Give the barber a little extra for a Christmas drink once a year?

Sometimes it's good to say Thank You! And nice to feel appreciated.

I agree with all of that. I also think the notion that the owners have been brilliant is a bit exaggerated. They have certainly done some very good things (debt to equity, buying the stadium) but, like all people in their position, are only ever one bad decision away from making a right mess of it. Their football knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. The appointed Sven because they'd heard of him. They appointed Pearson because he'd been here before. They appointed Ranieri because they'd heard of him. Thankfully the last two appointments have worked out very well but one bad one and we're back in the second tier. That's the reality for a club of our size. I don't have any confidence that their good appointments are the result of anything but luck.

The idea that they actually care about is is an odd one. They 'care' about us to the extent that they want us to spend our money on their toy. They've lied to us to make it look like they care; Top fell in love with us after watching the '97 League Cup final? Yeah, alright lads. :D

For them it's about money, advertising their brand (look at the state of the ground and the shirts, for ****'s sake) and increasing their prestige at home and among their polo playing mates, particularly in the context of some very dodgy practices in their duty free shops. Fair enough; but don't be conned by it and don't believe for a second that they wouldn't **** us over if it suited them.

Some miserable bastards in here today, it's quite simple to me- Someone has come up with an idea, if you like it support it and make a donation. If you don't, don't stress just don't get involved.

I like the idea, yes they are doing their job but they are doing it very well at the minute and I got one believe that we need to recognise good people for the good that they do.

Question to the people saying this is odd/ weird to give money/ a gift to a stranger just doing their job.

Do you top the paper boy,those sort of people? Get a little gift for your kids teacher at the end of the year?

Give the barber a little extra for a Christmas drink once a year?

Sometimes it's good to say Thank You! And nice to feel appreciated.

Not a case of being a miserable bastard, its more a case of being realistic.

Do you not think the 20000+ season tickets sold, the weekly capacity crowd and all the other money people spend supporting Leicester City is enough appreciation for our owners? I certainly do. I bet our owners have made an absolute mint already from owning LCFC and I'd bet my life that King Power has grown massively as a business as a result aswell. They are businessman, not football fans.

The owners invested heavily to create a successful business - well done to them. The fans have pushed this team all season, as we did last season when things were looking grim. We are a huge part of the clubs success. We get shafted with fixture changes when no club seems prepared to stand up for us, and now, according to previous posts the ticket prices are on the up. Let's have some perspective please, it's us that should be getting a gift from the owners, starting with cheaper ticket prices.

I'm glad we have them at the helm as opposed to the likes of Tan but clubs owe the fans BIG TIME and until I see a proper reduction in ticket prices and club owners fighting to look after us better there will be no chocolates from me.

In the case of Leicester City and I hope the majority of Foxestalk, I do not agree with any of that.

Not a case of being a miserable bastard, its more a case of being realistic.

Do you not think the 20000+ season tickets sold, the weekly capacity crowd and all the other money people spend supporting Leicester City is enough appreciation for our owners? I certainly do. I bet our owners have made an absolute mint already from owning LCFC and I'd bet my life that King Power has grown massively as a business as a result aswell. They are businessman, not football fans.

No I don't, I think those 20,000 season ticket holders and sell out crowds would be there regardless.

have a look at Hull/Forest/Cardiff/Leeds all similar sized or bigger sides than us, now have a look at their owners.

Ours are going above and beyond consistently, clappers, free beer, free scarfs, t-shirts etc.

Sometime you don't know how good you have it until it's gone.

But as I said at the start this isn't a forced payment, if you don't like the idea their is no requirement to get involved.

It was mentioned in a release from the club the other week. I think it was in the stuff about the Arsenal away game saga.

really? are you sure? i didn't see that and why would it be said in an completely unrelated topic

Do other business where you shop give you bonuses or wine at Christmas, or is Leicester City Football Club the only one that offers you a gift?

Tesco clubcard.

That reminds me. Must remember to send the Tesco CEO a gift for being an awesome exec and letting me double my points to get a crappy TV for half price. :-)

really? are you sure? i didn't see that and why would it be said in an completely unrelated topic

It was on the ThomasCook package article actually. It was the chairman of the supporters club saying there will be a slight increase next season but he's sure city fans will be good about it. The Merc reported it

new chant

give me a v

give me an i

give me a c

give me an h

give me an a

give me an i

give me an s

give me an r

give me an i

give me a v

give me an a

give me a d

give me a d

give me an h

give me an a

give me an n

give me an a

give me a p

give me an r

give me an a

give me a b

give me an h

give me an a

Likening the owners of a football club you love to the MD of Morrisons a supermarket you may find tolerable is a bit of a weird one. As we've discussed on here so many times before you can look at a club as just a business but it's much, much more than that to the people who support it, the local economy etc. And they have treated our club significantly better than other potential owners may have.

As for gifts I probably wouldn't stretch to buying something but see no harm in thanking them either via writing to them or publicly via your social media etc. That surely would also benefit their company/brand

im sure theres a way to design a tifo that thanks everyone involved in the club, therefore thanking mainly the fans, team and manager, but also as a side point thanking the owners...i just cant think of a witty way to word it right now...

A well worded card should be enough, I think for people in their position, that would mean more.

I wouldn't slate anyone who felt like they wanted to do more, and buy a gift, not my cup of tea, but if I did, I'd have trouble deciding what I'd get them.

Archived