Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burtonsfox

A gift for the owners from the fans

Yea it's been mentioned before and I'm hoping the union FS lads take note

Personally don't see the point in it. I like our owners but i much rather it be a Tifo spurring the players on than kissing the owners arse. We sell out week in week out. That's more than enough appreciation for the owners efforts.

I've got a great idea!!!!!!!!!

I might be a guy who knows the perfect gift. Send me money and bank details and I might do the rest of the work.

If you don't trust me send me a pm and I'll forward it to Jesus so he can verify next time you pray.

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd better just say Hi and address some of the comments made above.

I understand the skepticism from some people and respect anyone who doesn't want to get involved.

It's not a thank you for the millions of pounds the've invested in the club which of course is greatly appreciated. It's for all the extra touches that go to the match day experience -the flags, clappers (now the norm), breakfasts for away supports along with the T-shirts, scarfs etc, the free beers, the photo booth and goal posts, the crazy golf and funfair all of which were free.

I also know it's going to be difficult to find the perfect gift, after all what do you get a billionaire? but just because they are billionaires doesn't mean some of us can show our appreciation and say a thank you. 

With the donations there will be total transparency with every penny accounted for all to see. I am not doing this for any other reason but to say thank you, nothing in it for me and there seem to be some that feel the same way.

But I do understand how some people are very cautious

Dean Hawthorne

Hi Dean,,, I am pretty sure I worked with your wife Sue for quite a few years?

Send me a link and I will happily throw a few quid in!

Ta

Ben

If you read the details, its not about the footballing aspect at all its about all the free gifts that they really don't have to do.

I don't know about your boss but mine doesn't give me free gifts

I think its rather delusional to think their so called free gifts are any more than the normal PR(free beers) and business decisions(converting debt to equity) any other well ran business would be doing.

Yes. In most jobs the company would gift me a bonus or bottle of wine at Christmas for example. I've never handed them any money to say thanks for running the company so well

I still.maintain if people want to do this. Set up a justgiving page for a good cause of which there are too many atm. Set up an online thank you letter with a link to the justgiving page. The owners would appreciate that type of gesture and our hard earned money will reach a much needed cause

Ps...

Seems to me that there are some very strange responses from a genuine chap trying to make a really nice gesture, but, that maybe because I know him (through his wife), so, please rest assured, your donation woud be safe!

We can all be guilty over thinking things at times - I take the approach of always and expecting the best from people and no, that does not make me a sucker!

Also, I love the idea of a TIFO, if some one wants to set something up I would happily throw a few quid in that pot too!

All the best,

Ben

Zapp,

I apologise if I've gone about it the wrong way

Don't apologise you're doing something with the best intentions and I wouldn't go through the effort you are

Just wanna know what it is before handing money over

I look forward to hearing how it develops. Best of luck with it

Yes. In most jobs the company would gift me a bonus or bottle of wine at Christmas for example. I've never handed them any money to say thanks for running the company so well

Do other business where you shop give you bonuses or wine at Christmas, or is Leicester City Football Club the only one that offers you a gift?

This is the most bizarrely heated debate in a long time, and we've had some doozies on here.

Giving a gift, with good intentions, and out of genuine appreciation, will almost always be well received.

Regardless of what you say about Thai customs in general, these  are international businessmen and the local fans are predominately British - so it seems like an odd restriction to place on our situation. Whenever I've received gifts unique to the culture of the giver I've always been especially chuffed, as most people are. Unless it's especially gawdy or over the top, it shouldn't be a problem.

In western culture we do give gifts to our bosses, and sometimes even people at business we frequent. Giving a gift shows that it's more than just a commercial exchange - but that there's a proper friendship and trust.

Thankfully our football club is more than just a business. Our owners have treated us better than customers or a "target market", in turn I think it's appropriate that we treat them better than merely commercial investors.

Personally don't see the point in it. I like our owners but i much rather it be a Tifo spurring the players on than kissing the owners arse. We sell out week in week out. That's more than enough appreciation for the owners efforts.

Your life must be so complete ! lol

This is the most bizarrely heated debate in a long time, and we've had some doozies on here.

Giving a gift, with good intentions, and out of genuine appreciation, will almost always be well received.

Regardless of what you say about Thai customs in general, these are international businessmen and the local fans are predominately British - so it seems like an odd restriction to place on our situation. Whenever I've received gifts unique to the culture of the giver I've always been especially chuffed, as most people are. Unless it's especially gawdy or over the top, it shouldn't be a problem.

In western culture we do give gifts to our bosses, and sometimes even people at business we frequent. Giving a gift shows that it's more than just a commercial exchange - but that there's a proper friendship and trust.

Thankfully our football club is more than just a business. Our owners have treated us better than customers or a "target market", in turn I think it's appropriate that we treat them better than merely commercial investors.

Fantastic post !

And should embarrass some of the clowns on here !

Your life must be so complete ! lol

Meaning what exactly?

Will people be so happy to give the owners a gift when they put ticket prices up next season? The club has already said its happening, despite the extra millions they'll earn from the new TV deal? Seems pretty out of order to me.

Meaning what exactly?

Will people be so happy to give the owners a gift when they put ticket prices up next season? The club has already said its happening, despite the extra millions they'll earn from the new TV deal? Seems pretty out of order to me.

Where Have they said that ticket prices are going up?

Archived