Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burtonsfox

A gift for the owners from the fans

They are billionaires they can self fund any charity on the planet

They can't hold up 15000 foil sheets on der own !

Of course they can. But they are altruistic and the idea that their generosity in clearing out debts and helping move the club forward has meant that others are so moved as to make donations to a charity that they otherwise wouldn't have done ........ Seems more of a lasting gift to me. To know they had changed others behaviours and thinking ??

I think a lot of people on here are taking things for granted, and have either had a memory block of past owners/time or not supported us very long. Personally, my opinion is a gift is hard, but i am sure they would really appreciate the gesture. I favour a TIFO or large flag incorporating the Thai flag, City badge etc with a simple thank you, either in English/Thai or both. I am sure they would love that and it would be shown all over Thailand and indeed Asia. It just shows that the fans really appreciate how they have turned our great club around and we don't just take it for granted. They have been nothing but top class for us, you only have to see what happens at Liverpool to see what can happen. I certainly would happily put a tenner into a fund, no idea how much TIFOs etc cost, I guess we would need the Union FS boys to help with this, and I don't know if any of them are on this board, but I really think you have to be a proper grumpy arse to not acknowledge what they have done for us.

This.

Wasting money on a gift for a billionaire is odd to say the least. I am sure the word cringe has been used.

Still do not see what you are thanking them for. They are running a business as they should. Your thanks is buying their product by buying your ticket.

Do you buy the bosses a gift at work when they dont manage to bankrupt the company?

Its a mad world we live in, and probably a reflection of modern football, when fans feel they have to reward owners for not being fcuktards

Best post in the thread.

But we are British not Thai? And that's a British trait- to buy something to say thank you.

Exactly

We are, and as I said 'buying a gift for what is effectively a complete stranger is odd

Think they would appreciate a song made up to show our thanks to them or even a flag created in their honour incorporating our blue merging with their national colours

Then go ahead and organise it

Can't find anything on fb Dean. I like the idea and want to know more.  Are you the Seahawks fan?

Yes that's me, There are a number of posts on in the Leicester City Group

gofund.me/zfnf4672 didnt know if I could post a link on this forum

If this is a serious suggestion - can't be arsed tolook it up and check - why but donate the money to an appropriate charity. Maybe ask the owners who they'd like to to go to. At least then everyone comes out of it with a shred of dignity.

If you could be arsed you would see I've even said that money could go to a charity of their choice.

I really didn't mean to offend anybody and I'm sure many of you agree or disagree but at least read it before sending abuse my way.

I'm not opposed to the idea but surely the order should be

1) see if the idea is supported

2) decide on a gift

3) see how much it would cost

4) ask for donations

I'd like to know what the gift is before donating.

This.

Wasting money on a gift for a billionaire is odd to say the least. I am sure the word cringe has been used.

Still do not see what you are thanking them for. They are running a business as they should. Your thanks is buying their product by buying your ticket.

Do you buy the bosses a gift at work when they dont manage to bankrupt the company?

Its a mad world we live in, and probably a reflection of modern football, when fans feel they have to reward owners for not being fcuktards

If you read the details, its not about the footballing aspect at all its about all the free gifts that they really don't have to do.

I don't know about your boss but mine doesn't give me free gifts

If you read the details, its not about the footballing aspect at all its about all the free gifts that they really don't have to do.

I don't know about your boss but mine doesn't give me free gifts

You don't give your boss money every week either.

Exactly

Then go ahead and organise it

Yes that's me, There are a number of posts on in the Leicester City Group

gofund.me/zfnf4672 didnt know if I could post a link on this forum

If you could be arsed you would see I've even said that money could go to a charity of their choice.

I really didn't mean to offend anybody and I'm sure many of you agree or disagree but at least read it before sending abuse my way.

I also can't be arsed to read all the comments in this thread. But the ones I have read make me think that nobody is a abusing you. You started a debate. Some ideas that came in weren't the same as yours. That's how a debate works.

I'm not opposed to the idea but surely the order should be

1) see if the idea is supported

2) decide on a gift

3) see how much it would cost

4) ask for donations

I'd like to know what the gift is before donating.

Zapp,

I apologise if I've gone about it the wrong way

Of course they can. But they are altruistic and the idea that their generosity in clearing out debts and helping move the club forward has meant that others are so moved as to make donations to a charity that they otherwise wouldn't have done ........ Seems more of a lasting gift to me. To know they had changed others behaviours and thinking ??

That's cool shout

I also can't be arsed to read all the comments in this thread. But the ones I have read make me think that nobody is a abusing you. You started a debate. Some ideas that came in weren't the same as yours. That's how a debate works.

I didnt mean that in a bad way, I didn't start the debate just wanted to answer some points

There are an infinite amount of things which people believe to be wrong, almost non of them have anything at all to do with what is being discussed here.

I believe the gesture is wrong, I have explained why I believe it is wrong.

To the question 'how do you show gratitude to a billionaire stranger?', my answer (along with I suspect many others) would not be 'have a whip round for a gift'.

and to some people that's how they show their appreciation to others. It's really that simple.

While the owners are classy people that would appreciate a small public show of thanks, I think they'd like it even more if the fans held up a banner that read, "KING POWER - KING OF DUTY FREE."

While the owners are classy people that would appreciate a small public show of thanks, I think they'd like it even more if the fans held up a banner that read, "KING POWER - KING OF DUTY FREE."

Jesus you will have the wolves from SK1 eating you alive for that lol

Yea I think it's great idea

Give a little back !

How about

"Thank you KING POWER"

Jesus you will have the wolves from SK1 eating you alive for that lol

Yea I think it's great idea

Give a little back !

How about

"Thank you KING POWER"

I'm sure they'd appreciate the irony of my suggestion ... Until they see the banner also has "AMAZING THAILAND" printed on the back, that is. lol

Archived