Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

To cash out...

Mate

I'm a noted punter

The cash out is a fair offer on current odds

The bottom line is

Q1 would you dream of putting £1300 on Leicester to win the league this morning at odds of 7/2 ?

Q2 can you afford to loose £1300

If the answer is NO to both then cash out !

Drop me a private message if you want any hedging advice

my friend put £20 at 500/1, payout is £10,000 ' cash out option £2800, he is holding it at the moment

Hummmm I have heard so many of these stories now

Mug punters every where it seems ,Wow easy to see how the bookies win !

If he knew anything about gambling he would be laughing now ;)

Bloody hell this thread is going to become amazingly popular as we trundle on

Let's see if we can post up a few pictures of these fabulous bets

If we loose to Arsenal and Spurs win as well Sunday

This cashout offers will be destroyed !

People gambling thousands every week , it's exciting as hell :)

We ought to have a poll on this thread to save Renart trawling through.

Great idea !

Read the OPs first paragraph,he did say it was his choice but would like our opinions to help him.if 90% say cash out it could make his mind up.

True. I just think you (not you) can overcomplicate things sometimes when really what the money means to him is all that matters.

Personally I'd take the advice of people saying hedge your bets or part cash out.

Either way don't let this bet ruin the memories you have of this season

True. I just think you (not you) can overcomplicate things sometimes when really what the money means to him is all that matters.

Personally I'd take the advice of people saying hedge your bets or part cash out.

Either way don't let this bet ruin the memories you have of this season

Exactly,it would eat me up. @@Renart seems a really nice bloke and has put a lot of effort in regarding Superbru so I'm definitely want to see him come out a winner.if I knew what to do re part cash out I would take that option 50%.

OK, i have calculated it for you. You stand to win £5K if Leicester succeed. Now bet £1000 split between Arsenal, Spurs and Man City.

Arsenal - bet £478 @ 9/4

Man City - bet £307 @ 7/2

Totts - bet £215 @ 5/1

All these are current odds. If Leicester win you get £4000 profit. If any of the others win you get £1075 profit.

If you bet double on Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City at those odds you would win - Leicester £3000, Totenham £2150, Arsenal £2150, Man City £2150 - GUARENTEED!

Some great posts on this thread and one of my fave threads for ages.

The 'cash out' option IS a mind-fcuk. That's why some bookies do it. They must have done all the sums and worked out its better to give a cash out option than not to. For exactly this type of reason.

The quandary for me in this example would be this: if we beat Arsenal on Sunday (just one bloody game) that 1300 quid will likely become more like what..2 grand? Maybe even 3 grand? (I'm only surmising here). Whereas if we lose, it'll drop significantly.

The point is mate, what would YOU do? If it was me I'd do the partial cash out. I'd bank 500 quid and let the rest ride.

But that's just me.....

OK, i have calculated it for you. You stand to win £5K if Leicester succeed. Now bet £1000 split between Arsenal, Spurs and Man City.

Arsenal - bet £478 @ 9/4

Man City - bet £307 @ 7/2

Totts - bet £215 @ 5/1

All these are current odds. If Leicester win you get £4000 profit. If any of the others win you get £1075 profit.

If you bet double on Arsenal, Tottenham and Man City at those odds you would win - Leicester £3000, Totenham £2150, Arsenal £2150, Man City £2150 - GUARENTEED!

That's great until Man United win the league...

Some great posts on this thread and one of my fave threads for ages.

The 'cash out' option IS a mind-fcuk. That's why some bookies do it. They must have done all the sums and worked out its better to give a cash out option than not to. For exactly this type of reason.

The quandary for me in this example would be this: if we beat Arsenal on Sunday (just one bloody game) that 1300 quid will likely become more like what..2 grand? (I'm only surmising here). Whereas if we lose, it'll drop significantly.

The point is mate, what would YOU do? If it was me I'd do the partial cash out. I'd bank 500 quid and let the rest ride.

But that's just me.....

agreed in the part cash out. you're in an amazing position whatever happens.

such are the odds (@ 1000/1) you could even cash out a much bigger %age of your stake and still have enough left in to get excited should we go on to do it.

ie. you could cash out for 80% now so immediately pocketing just north of a grand (losing £4 of your £5 stake) and still having a quid @ 1000/1 rolling on the Leicester winning the league. the £1040 you get right now probably won't seem much short of the £1300 and is still a mental return off a fiver. you get to relax knowing you've taken the bookies to the cleaners, half your honeymoon or stag do or whatever has been paid off for five quid. you can go back to watching and cheering city on like the rest of us rather than having that weird "extra" burden of not just being gutted if we throw it away but also being down £1300 compared to right now.

all that and if we do pull it off still pocket an extra £1001 boost a few weeks before your wedding. which you'd have to spend all of on a huge weekend celebrating us winning the league :D

good luck whatever you do, but as someone who bets quite a bit just make sure you secure some profit from this position. it's once in a lifetime.

such are the odds (@ 1000/1) you could even cash out a much bigger %age of your stake and still have enough left in to get excited should we go on to do it.

ie. you could cash out for 80% now so immediately pocketing just north of a grand (losing £4 of your £5 stake) and still having a quid @ 1000/1 rolling on the Leicester winning the league. the £1040 you get right now probably won't seem much short of the £1300 and is still a mental return off a fiver. you get to relax knowing you've taken the bookies to the cleaners, half your honeymoon or stag do or whatever has been paid off for five quid. you can go back to watching and cheering city on like the rest of us rather than having that weird "extra" burden of not just being gutted if we throw it away but also being down £1300 compared to right now.

all that and if we do pull it off still pocket an extra £1001 boost a few weeks before your wedding. which you'd have to spend all of on a huge weekend celebrating us winning the league :D

good luck whatever you do, but as someone who bets quite a bit just make sure you secure some profit from this position. it's once in a lifetime.

100% this

If he knew anything about gambling he would be laughing now ;)

I show you the slip, my other friend won £10,000 yesterday with £1000 bet on Madrid, PSG, Roma and Man u double chance at 10/1. They bet crazy amount of money usually end in tears but every now and then they do hit the big ones

dropofclaridge, on 08 Feb 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:snapback.png

If he knew anything about gambling he would be laughing now  ;)

I show you the slip, my other friend won £10,000 yesterday with £1000 bet on Madrid, PSG, Roma and Man u double chance at 10/1. They bet crazy amount of money usually end in tears but every now and then they do hit the big ones

post-12531-0-90422200-1454929093_thumb.p

Excellent advice If you can do this, this is 100% the way to go

Mate

I'm a noted punter

The cash out is a fair offer on current odds

The bottom line is

Q1 would you dream of putting £1300 on Leicester to win the league this morning at odds of 7/2 ?

Q2 can you afford to loose £1300

If the answer is NO to both then cash out !

Drop me a private message if you want any hedging advice

I'm after some hedging advice, when to trim, topiary or not and don't get me started on drunkards littering it.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Archived