Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

To cash out...

These people who aren't cashing out ridiculous amounts are foolish. 

assuming the e/w part of the above bet is on 4 places, he'll get £7510 i we finish top 4, which is virtually guaranteed imo (and in the eyes of the bookies, with it being a 1/12, 1/16 or 1/20 shot in most places). that cash out offer is a joke, unless it's only on 2 places or something.

I respect OP so much, what a story! Are there figures somewhere that stat just how many people had money on us to take out the league at the start of the season? Would be interesting!  

obviously only with one major bookie but 

assuming the e/w part of the above bet is on 4 places, he'll get £7510 i we finish top 4, which is virtually guaranteed imo (and in the eyes of the bookies, with it being a 1/12, 1/16 or 1/20 shot in most places). that cash out offer is a joke, unless it's only on 2 places or something.

obviously only with one major bookie but 

That's incredible!

Wish I'd have put £5 on. FFS. i just never ever bet on Leicester.

Had to much to drink prior to the game against Aston Villa at the start of the season, thought f**k it and put a $50 on us to beat them. Didn't disappoint lol. Had a tenner on us to beat Man City last week at 5/1  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I understand people cashing out, I really do! But why o why would you before the Watford game?? The other 3 had already played and basically made no ground on us. Think even with that amount of money I would of sweated it out for another 90 mins

I understand people cashing out, I really do! But why o why would you before the Watford game?? The other 3 had already played and basically made no ground on us. Think even with that amount of money I would of sweated it out for another 90 mins

20k that cost him !

These could turn into very bitter stories !

When we win the league some people will be saying "what if" because they will have spent the money by May lol

I don't blame the guy it's just his timing seems panicked

I can understand why they cashed out it is a lot of money, but when you have Watford Newcastle and palace to play in the next three, having held on past Liverpool man city etc... their was always a good chance of that only increasing... I wasn't in the situation but I doubt I would have cashed out if I got this far

I cant help but think that this season will be the last ever crazy long odds and we ( Leicester City) will be the ones to take the blame for it.

I doubt it. They will be trying to get all the mug punter money next season too. They would happily lay 5000/1 on Norwich I would have thought if they stay up. Might get a few more £s bet on them too. 

I doubt it. They will be trying to get all the mug punter money next season too. They would happily lay 5000/1 on Norwich I would have thought if they stay up. Might get a few more £s bet on them too.

That is true, they will do it again but Leicester is unique in the sense the way we played throughout the season we weren't getting hammered and then once we played without fear we did show real quality... Norwich don't have that so it won't happen for them like us. We won the championship with 102 points, that takes some doing

That is true, they will do it again but Leicester is unique in the sense the way we played throughout the season we weren't getting hammered and then once we played without fear we did show real quality... Norwich don't have that so it won't happen for them like us. We won the championship with 102 points, that takes some doing

While we wasn't getting hammered, we still did have many bang average/poor performances. We deserved to be bottom when we was. Obviously the last 9 matches set us apart from usual teams down that end of the table. However it still wouldn't have remotely tempted me to back us at any price to win the league. So 5000/1 was about right i think.

While we wasn't getting hammered, we still did have many bang average/poor performances. We deserved to be bottom when we was. Obviously the last 9 matches set us apart from usual teams down that end of the table. However it still wouldn't have remotely tempted me to back us at any price to win the league. So 5000/1 was about right i think.

I didn't back us either, but it is proven we are a unique circumstance... there was evidence though that we were better than relegation last season but obviously not winning it. No one else will do what we have, I'm sure if Norwich survive they will be placed on odds close to 5000/1 for the reason the bookies would want people putting on it for easy money

Your problem is "small" compared to the guy who was tinkering with the idea  of CASHING OUT at 30K or waiting for the eventual 100K..

...anyway he cashed out !! kaching ggg

+------+

i hope the bookies will not "tamper" ( lol) with Leicester's prospect of getting to the top of the heap... lol

THIS should be a boon to their betting business next season as i can see punters/pundits laying in the bets.. bets galore for the little team supporters - all betting on norwich/astonvilla/swansea/sunderland to win the EPL (if they are not relegated)

nb. 5000/1 is damn good odds.... they won't repeat that next season for the strugglers

My wife took us top 4 in August $20.00 AUD at odds of 150/1 which would have finalised at $3000.00 but she took $2200.00 cashout after Stoke win.

She still has the big one - she put $20.00 AUD on us a champions at 3001/1 in August. No cashout offered yet but she is closer to the $60,000.00 AUD every day!!!

She also has some smaller bets re top 2 and Vardy leading scorer which total about $5000.00 so it could be a very good pay day down here come end of season!

How about throwing us all aussie foxes a BBQ..if you win?  :D   :D   :D   :scarf:

Your problem is "small" compared to the guy who was tinkering with the idea  of CASHING OUT at 30K or waiting for the eventual 100K..

...anyway he cashed out !! kaching ggg

+------+

i hope the bookies will not "tamper" ( lol) with Leicester's prospect of getting to the top of the heap... lol

THIS should be a boon to their betting business next season as i can see punters/pundits laying in the bets.. bets galore for the little team supporters - all betting on norwich/astonvilla/swansea/sunderland to win the EPL (if they are not relegated)

nb. 5000/1 is damn good odds.... they won't repeat that next season for the strugglers

They will offer 5000/1 again. They hardly took any money on Leicester at those odds. I think it was 47 bets worldwide at Ladbrokes. They would want as many people to bet on Norwich, Villa etc as possible. It's not happening again. 

I cant help but think that this season will be the last ever crazy long odds and we ( Leicester City) will be the ones to take the blame for it.

Guinness book of records have confirmed to paddy power it will be the biggest odds to ever come in on a SINGLE sporting outcome

Absolutely no chance any bookie would of made a loss from the prem title outright winner. Leicester win it and they've cleaned up, for every 1 punter putting a pound on Leicester to win the league there is 5000 putting 1 on man city, man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and so on. They would be up ten fold if not more. Just like when a horse wins at 50/1 the bookies love it.

Absolutely no chance any bookie would of made a loss from the prem title outright winner. Leicester win it and they've cleaned up, for every 1 punter putting a pound on Leicester to win the league there is 5000 putting 1 on man city, man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and so on. They would be up ten fold if not more. Just like when a horse wins at 50/1 the bookies love it.

No one would put a pound on those though, not if you just want to wait a whole season for 80p

i think you're right on the moneyyyyyy. . . 

bookies will love a Leicester win. They'll clean out the BIG money placed on all the favourites - Arse, Liverfool, Man ure, Man City & Chelski

No one would put a pound on those though, not if you just want to wait a whole season for 80p

Exactly my point! The bookies would have cleaned up ten here a grand there! Not to mention people have a 5 fold or so on a couple of leagues

it's completely different to a horse race though as it goes in play and lasts for 50 weeks. if a 50/1 horse went off in front and was 20 lengths clear for the whole race and still travelling smoothly but still being offered at prices like 1000/1 half way, 33/1 whilst miles out in front having completed over a lap, and now turning into the home straight is still the only one in the picture and still isn't even odds on, the "book" of a bookie would look a little bit different, no? 

we were being backed @ 33/1 in january whilst top of the league. in january. we've been massively overpriced all year, whilst winning.

we weren't just backed for a couple of quid @ 5000/1 and then the book closed. if that was the case then yes, i'd imagine we would be a winner in the book. although bias (fan support) means no matter what happens all the shit teams get backed more than a shit horse, and obviously 5000/1 is bigger than 50/1. we were joint top on points after 12 games and still being backed @ 1000/1. 

this type of bookmakers book isn't comparable to any other. 50/1 shots win horse races every now and then. it's a planned for eventuality. 5000/1 shots don't win. leicester DO NOT win the premier league. it is impossible. nobody's planned for this. 

Surely the point still stands though? "For every £1 on Leicester, there were 1,000 fivers going on the big clubs."

With money going on Leicester at 5,000s, 1000s, 100s, 33s, 14s, etc. Was there not even more money going on the big clubs still? As they drifted out from 15/8, to 3/1, 4/1.

I'd even guess that plenty of money was going on Chelsea for a few months after the season started.

You're the expert Scouse, I'm just making assumptions.

For me I always feel that a complete outsider to win is great for the bookies... if we win it they have made a killing, lots would have been dropped on man city, Chelsea, Arsenal even Liverpool... and more would have continued to go on those as their odds drifted throughout... I bet loads will still be dropped on man city and Arsenal right now

Surely the point still stands though? "For every £1 on Leicester, there were 1,000 fivers going on the big clubs."

With money going on Leicester at 5,000s, 1000s, 100s, 33s, 14s, etc. Was there not even more money going on the big clubs still? As they drifted out from 15/8, to 3/1, 4/1.

I'd even guess that plenty of money was going on Chelsea for a few months after the season started.

You're the expert Scouse, I'm just making assumptions.

The trade volume on bigger clubs is massive

The bookies always win !

Yes it would hurt but not as much as Arsenal or man city winning

People forget man city were odds on after first 10 games

Millions pilled on them

Archived