Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Guvnor

Membership - SOLD OUT

What a complete waste of time having the basic Fox Membership, obviously I realise this season has been unique for demand but there are never any tickets available. I have had gold and silver previously just wondered how other members have faired with the various options, of course excluding season tickets.

What a complete waste of time having the basic Fox Membership, obviously I realise this season has been unique for demand but there are never any tickets available. I have had gold and silver previously just wondered how other members have faired with the various options, of course excluding season tickets.

It doesn't help that the club are still, even today selling silver memberships, it's not fair on people like you. It doesn't affect me but I feel so strongly about it. 

For years people never had a problem getting tickets. Now this season has seen the demand for tickets go up massively. The club cant help it if tickets r sold out at silver membership.

I don't have a membership and have been fine getting a ticket (often the seat next to me was available) when STH can buy tickets. Now its a pain as I cant get another ticket.

Im not too bothered though as I have a guaranteed seat. As a fox member though I would be gutted.

It doesn't help that the club are still, even today selling silver memberships, it's not fair on people like you. It doesn't affect me but I feel so strongly about it. 

The website never works for me when clicking on the membership tab. Are they still selling them? Couldn't fox members upgrade to a silver??

The fact silver is still being sold is poor form by the club.

Memberships should be capped at certain levels....say 2000 for Gold, 4000 Silver.

Pure greed as a lot of people will invest in a silver membership and not be able to buy tickets.

Back in the wembley days memberships were stopped months before the end of the season and if you wanted a ticket for wembley it was done on ticket stubs collected through out the season.

Does it cost anything to be a City fox or whatever it's called?

£20 if memory serves. i got one last year and got the dregs of tickets for a few games.

i went for family membership this year and i struggle to get family stand tickets when i ring at 9am on first sale dates cuz gold get in at midnight and snap them all up. bit of a joke really.

i refuse to believe that with family/gold + silver + ST holders we sell out the ground. its all sponsors taking their ticket allocations now. look at david lloyds gym for a start, now all of a sudden they are doing competitions for 2 tickets on their FB. 

If they'd have kept / did keep a record of who has bought tickets, although not perfect they could then sell tickets based on actual attendances somewhat like the away tickets.

To simplify it they could provide a free lifetime membership system so that all purchases are recorded by simply giving your membership number

People having to pay to be able to buy tickets is just wrong plus it is a barrier to past regular attendees that cannot afford or justify this extra expense 

I might be incredibly naïve but what is the problem with the club still selling silver memberships? Why should the club cap memberships? If a silver member doesn't get a ticket then its surely their fault and not the clubs as there are still tickets available when it goes to silver. If a silver member wants a ticket that desperately they will do everything to get one at the first minute they become available.

Unless people are suggesting that there will be so many silver members that some of them will miss out at midnight as every single silver member will be on at midnight buying the tickets and they sell out at 00:05 am.

Like I said I could be naïve in that way of thinking. I'm not a member so I am happy to be enlightened.

People having to pay to be able to buy tickets is just wrong plus it is a barrier to past regular attendees that cannot afford or justify this extra expense 

playing devils advocate here but i see it as this:

ST holders get their home seat and have bought in to the away scheme so they have, in theory, paid to buy away tickets

Members do the same but for home and get the dregs of away tickets. 

they do have the "previous booking history" and it now has to stretch back 3 years so you had to have been going when we were in the championship at least but i think maybe closing off memberships in september/october would be best as then you cant get people buying their way to the front of the queue. 

playing devils advocate here but i see it as this:

ST holders get their home seat and have bought in to the away scheme so they have, in theory, paid to buy away tickets

Members do the same but for home and get the dregs of away tickets. 

they do have the "previous booking history" and it now has to stretch back 3 years so you had to have been going when we were in the championship at least but i think maybe closing off memberships in september/october would be best as then you cant get people buying their way to the front of the queue. 

ST holders have paid for each match members are having to pay for the privalege of being first in the queue.

You don't  need previous history to buy a membership in order to get home tickets you could be a johnny come lately, although as welcome as they might be it's  unfair that because they can afford it they get in first before more regular attendees.

But as I also said I think it's  a rip off charging people to enable them to buy tickets, it's  also seems to me to be a lazy copout by clubs.

I might be incredibly naïve but what is the problem with the club still selling silver memberships? Why should the club cap memberships? If a silver member doesn't get a ticket then its surely their fault and not the clubs as there are still tickets available when it goes to silver. If a silver member wants a ticket that desperately they will do everything to get one at the first minute they become available.

Unless people are suggesting that there will be so many silver members that some of them will miss out at midnight as every single silver member will be on at midnight buying the tickets and they sell out at 00:05 am.

Like I said I could be naïve in that way of thinking. I'm not a member so I am happy to be enlightened.

I know quite a few silver members who were not able to get tickets for neither the Southampton or West Ham games, don't get me wrong if I was a city member I would probably look at silver to enhance my chances. However if not all silver memberships are able to purchase tickets now then I genuinely don't think it's fair that the club are taking money for memberships that they may not be able to get a ticket in any case.

I know quite a few silver members who were not able to get tickets for neither the Southampton or West Ham games, don't get me wrong if I was a city member I would probably look at silver to enhance my chances. However if not all silver memberships are able to purchase tickets now then I genuinely don't think it's fair that the club are taking money for memberships that they may not be able to get a ticket in any case.

Surely if they tried at midnight they would have got one. I find it hard to believe that the game sold out at just gone midnight.

Surely if they tried at midnight they would have got one. I find it hard to believe that the game sold out at just gone midnight.

No your right they didn't sell out at midnight, think it was around 9am, it doesn't affect me as I'm a STH it just winds me up, maybe I should not let it bother me :)

ST holders have paid for each match members are having to pay for the privalege of being first in the queue.

You don't  need previous history to buy a membership in order to get home tickets you could be a johnny come lately, although as welcome as they might be it's  unfair that because they can afford it they get in first before more regular attendees.

But as I also said I think it's  a rip off charging people to enable them to buy tickets, it's  also seems to me to be a lazy copout by clubs.

i get the point but how much is a season ticket? i cant remember off the top of my head. if you have an adult ST in say sk4 you pay 1 price all season dont you, they dont increase and decrease monthly pricing if you are paying by DD? as a member, yes i may get first dibs on home tickets for all home games but i have to pay full whack for tickets, so in theory i could end up paying more per season than a ST holder. so being a member isnt financially viable if you are like myself who misses maybe 2-3 home games a season but cannot get it past the mrs that i need 3 season tickets for me, her and the little one.

memberships have always been a thing but i think memberships available all season is a cop out and money grabbbing. as kingcarr says, if you buy a silver membership which i believe is £50 and dont get tickets, whose at fault there? the club selling memberships when they know if all family and gold take their allocation but becomes a free for all at silver members isnt right. if they capped them at an amount so some petered down to at least city fox i think it would be fair.

No your right they didn't sell out at midnight, think it was around 9am, it doesn't affect me as I'm a STH it just winds me up, maybe I should not let it bother me :)

west ham sold out at 2pm, southampton at 6pm on the first day of silver. 

This is my point. Silver members who miss out on tickets only have themselves to blame. Need to show some initiative

well yeah i am with you on that. if you want tickets that bad get on at midnight. 

what i dont like is gold get in before family and gold take all of the family stand and make the point of a family membership pointless cuz we have to ring in at 9am. 

Problem with still selling silver memberships is that people who are only just becoming interested and can financially afford to do so are taking memberships over those who are long time fans but struggle financially. A few lads I know who used to give me stick about supporting Leicester growing up have silver memberships and have been to most home games since Christmas, pretty sure one of the, still refers to himself as an arsenal fan.

This is my point. Silver members who miss out on tickets only have themselves to blame. Need to show some initiative

well yeah i am with you on that. if you want tickets that bad get on at midnight. 

what i dont like is gold get in before family and gold take all of the family stand and make the point of a family membership pointless cuz we have to ring in at 9am. 

You're missing the point that so called plastics are getting silver memberships and getting tickets over regulars, this is because the club are still selling silver memberships knowing that tickets will be impossible to get for them all.

Just robbing bastards 

Problem with still selling silver memberships is that people who are only just becoming interested and can financially afford to do so are taking memberships over those who are long time fans but struggle financially. A few lads I know who used to give me stick about supporting Leicester growing up have silver memberships and have been to most home games since Christmas, pretty sure one of the, still refers to himself as an arsenal fan.

as @@davieG said if there was a way for them to say only people with booking history can buy membership after a certain date in the season it would most likely be fairer. 

i am not moaning because with my membership i get what i want and, as everyone knows, if i can't go i offer them out here to more well known members. its also why i put forward the idea of an exchange between ST holders and members here first and then to the masses cuz the amount of people ticket begging with join dates of october 15 or later recently is unbelievable. gone are the days when i could go to the ground on the day and get tickets to the scunthorpe game! 

i get the point but how much is a season ticket? i cant remember off the top of my head. if you have an adult ST in say sk4 you pay 1 price all season dont you, they dont increase and decrease monthly pricing if you are paying by DD? as a member, yes i may get first dibs on home tickets for all home games but i have to pay full whack for tickets, so in theory i could end up paying more per season than a ST holder. so being a member isnt financially viable if you are like myself who misses maybe 2-3 home games a season but cannot get it past the mrs that i need 3 season tickets for me, her and the little one.

memberships have always been a thing but i think memberships available all season is a cop out and money grabbbing. as kingcarr says, if you buy a silver membership which i believe is £50 and dont get tickets, whose at fault there? the club selling memberships when they know if all family and gold take their allocation but becomes a free for all at silver members isnt right. if they capped them at an amount so some petered down to at least city fox i think it would be fair.

I'm not sure why you've posted this because because it seems to be pretty much what i was saying. yet you're writing it as if you disagree with me.

Apologies if I've misunderstood

Archived