Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Guvnor

Membership - SOLD OUT

I had a long conversation with Jim in the ticket office about this.   Upset that I called the process money grabbing.    He sees absolutely no problem in allowing people to upgrade memberships or take out new ones just to be in with a shot of purchasing Everton tickets.   He is quite happy to let people pay £40.00 to have a shot at a ticket if that is what they want to do.  

He is a nice man but was really trying to defend the indefensible. Could not see any reason why they should have a cap, although they had one last year

If they had a cap I wouldn't have any chance at all of getting a ticket, and my Dad and I bought Silver memberships yesterday...

To have followed the club all my life, through thick and thin, spending hundreds and thousands of pounds on season tickets (mainly my Dad that bit !), wembley trips (every final since 93' for me) away games, home games under Brian Little, Mark McGhee, and Martin O'Neil right through to Pearson ... my Dad and I are life long supporters and big supporters as well - to be told you have zero chance of being able to see us at the last game of the season in the season of a life time would be a bit harsh would it not?

If they had a cap I wouldn't have any chance at all of getting a ticket, and my Dad and I bought Silver memberships yesterday...

To have followed the club all my life, through thick and thin, spending hundreds and thousands of pounds on season tickets (mainly my Dad that bit !), wembley trips (every final since 93' for me) away games, home games under Brian Little, Mark McGhee, and Martin O'Neil right through to Pearson ... my Dad and I are life long supporters and big supporters as well - to be told you have zero chance of being able to see us at the last game of the season in the season of a life time would be a bit harsh would it not?

Well good luck mate and I hope you get them, but don't get your hopes up too much,by buying the memberships yesterday you could have just blown £80 on a prayer and that's the whole point there could now be thousands of silver members after a few tickets.

Well good luck mate and I hope you get them, but don't get your hopes up too much,by buying the memberships yesterday you could have just blown £80 on a prayer and that's the whole point there could now be thousands of silver members after a few tickets.

Thanks mate, we did weigh up the risk of that but if we didn't go for it I'd be wondering 'what if' and I'd rather blow £40 than feel like that.

Out of interest, which games did you manage to get to this season without a membership? 

Out of interest, which games did you manage to get to this season without a membership? 

None, not been to one game this season. First season where I've not made even one game come to think of it - since my first season (watching the likes of David Oldfield and Ian Ormondroyd at Filbert St.!) My Dad got a ticket for me to watch one of the cup games in September but I couldn't make it as I was ill so my Sister went instead. I'd have a season ticket this year if I didn't have a 1 year old now.

None, not been to one game this season. First season where I've not made even one game come to think of it - since my first season (watching the likes of David Oldfield and Ian Ormondroyd at Filbert St.!) My Dad got a ticket for me to watch one of the cup games in September but I couldn't make it as I was ill so my Sister went instead. I'd have a season ticket this year if I didn't have a 1 year old now.

Well I hope you and your dad get tickets so you see your first game of the season, if the club(jim) say that's fair then go for it.

Well I hope you and your dad get tickets so you see your first game of the season, if the club(jim) say that's fair then go for it.

Nothing personal but I hope you don't.

It sounds like you and your dad are longstanding fans but if you get tickets it

will be at the expense of someone who has had a membership since the start

of the season.

I don't blame you or anyone else doing what they have to do to get a ticket,

I blame the club, it's an absolute disgrace they are selling memberships

with 1 or 2 games to go, shameless. I'm suprised that more silver members

aren't contacting the club to complain.

Nothing personal but I hope you don't.

It sounds like you and your dad are longstanding fans but if you get tickets it

will be at the expense of someone who has had a membership since the start

of the season.

I don't blame you or anyone else doing what they have to do to get a ticket,

I blame the club, it's an absolute disgrace they are selling memberships

with 1 or 2 games to go, shameless. I'm suprised that more silver members

aren't contacting the club to complain.

I do see your point, it's just one of those things I'm afraid - if we didn't get silver memberships there's no chance at all to see them and we feel like we (well I certainly do and I bet my Dad would feel the same) that with all our support over the years we deserve to see them, but yeah if that's at the expense of someone else who was a member from the beginning of the season, whether  they're long standing fans or not - I guess that's not great. The club will surely revise a limit on it next season?

...You could say we're long standing fans, I'm 32 now with no hair left anymore but here's me and my Dad when I was a Filbert Tots Member (in the newly built Carling Stand), if that makes it any less painful in the event that we can secure Everton tickets (least we're not plastic fans eh)  :P

12362944_10153264718462644_2085926947193

I'm somewhere between you and your dad ( first game 77 ) and if I miss out

on the Everton game to new members I would rather it be to longstanding fans

like you than bandwagon jumpers. However by offering memberships at this

stage of an unprecedented season the club is basically saying we don't care

how long or even if you support Leicester come on in, **** those who have

supported us through thick and thin. There is nothing stopping football fans

of other clubs thinking " wow this is history I want to be there if Leicester win

the league". This is not me being paranoid I already know of quite a few fans

of other clubs who have been to Leicester games this season due to us being

top of the league.

If anyone's first game of the season is Everton and I'm not able to get a ticket I'll be furious. "Long time supporter" what? When it suits you or we're doing well? That's not long time that's selective timing

To be quite honest no.

I am going to complain. I was a gold fox last season but got 2 silver for me and my husband this season.

Used to be a season ticket holder until life meant I can't get there every week. I can get to around 8 matches a season (when i am not working) these days. I have been going since 1995 (got a half season ticket in a relegation season).

I have found getting 2 tickets sitting together relatively easy if i am on the ball and get them when they go on sale to silver members. I am disappointed that someone can just pay £40 for a shot at a ticket. It makes mh membership worth a lot less.

It is purely money making from the club. They could sell all the tickets easily, yet they keep taking this extra money from people.

There was a cap of 2000 silver members last season. I just don't know why that is not the case this year.

The Thai's are bringing a load of people for the Everton match, I think ticket numbers will be much reduced and though i will be up at midnight trying to get tickets i don't have much hope.

I am going to complain. I was a gold fox last season but got 2 silver for me and my husband this season.

Used to be a season ticket holder until life meant I can't get there every week. I can get to around 8 matches a season (when i am not working) these days. I have been going since 1995 (got a half season ticket in a relegation season).

I have found getting 2 tickets sitting together relatively easy if i am on the ball and get them when they go on sale to silver members. I am disappointed that someone can just pay £40 for a shot at a ticket. It makes mh membership worth a lot less.

It is purely money making from the club. They could sell all the tickets easily, yet they keep taking this extra money from people.

There was a cap of 2000 silver members last season. I just don't know why that is not the case this year.

The Thai's are bringing a load of people for the Everton match, I think ticket numbers will be much reduced and though i will be up at midnight trying to get tickets i don't have much hope.

I have complained to the club but it falls on deaf ears, as far as they are concerned there never was a limit this season on fox or silver membership. They quite clearly don't get it or don't care that start of the season memberships have now been massively devalued with regards chances of purchasing tickets. The more people that complain the better as far as I am concerned let them know exactly how we feel, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

I have complained to the club but it falls on deaf ears, as far as they are concerned there never was a limit this season on fox or silver membership. They quite clearly don't get it or don't care that start of the season memberships have now been massively devalued with regards chances of purchasing tickets. The more people that complain the better as far as I am concerned let them know exactly how we feel, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that.

It will make no difference and I kind of do see their point about the fact that there was never a limit at the start of the season. My question is really why wasn't there?

There has been in the past and I seem to remember in a previous season they took memberships off sale when it became clear they might actually mean something!

I am quite annoyed that people who bought a City Fox one for the season can now just upgrade to a silver one for one game!

It will make no difference and I kind of do see their point about the fact that there was never a limit at the start of the season. My question is really why wasn't there?

There has been in the past and I seem to remember in a previous season they took memberships off sale when it became clear they might actually mean something!

I am quite annoyed that people who bought a City Fox one for the season can now just upgrade to a silver one for one game!

Surely you should be more annoyed that someone who had no membership at the start of the season can now enter the bun fight by buying silver membership thats what grinds my gears.

Surely you should be more annoyed that someone who had no membership at the start of the season can now enter the bun fight by buying silver membership thats what grinds my gears.

Yet another good point which supports the idea of having a single type of membership and having tiers of sales based on attendance. As with ref swapping on aways it's not foolproof but better than the situation we have now.

Ive got family fox membership plus 1 adult. Last 3 games on sale have taken me 30 mins on the phone to get through and this is at lunchtime on first day of sale. Cant buy online. Asked about everton and guy said ring up early.

If anyone's first game of the season is Everton and I'm not able to get a ticket I'll be furious. "Long time supporter" what? When it suits you or we're doing well? That's not long time that's selective timing

Isn't the fact that you don't have a Season ticket selective timing in itself then? ie. you select the time when you want to see Leicester play as opposed to seeing them play all the time, or am I missing the point?

Isn't the fact that you don't have a Season ticket selective timing in itself then? ie. you select the time when you want to see Leicester play as opposed to seeing them play all the time, or am I missing the point?

No it means I see Leicester City when I can due to work commitments. Buying a membership specifically to watch the Everton game when you've not been interested all season is a smack in the face to supporters that have been able to go with their membership all season now to potentially not be able to because the club are letting new fans pay £40 on top of a match ticket for one game

No it means I see Leicester City when I can due to work commitments. Buying a membership specifically to watch the Everton game when you've not been interested all season is a smack in the face to supporters that have been able to go with their membership all season now to potentially not be able to because the club are letting new fans pay £40 on top of a match ticket for one game

That's a bit of an assumption to make - what posesses you to think that I've not been interested all season? That's pretty insulting. I only realised a few days ago that the silver membership was available to buy - if I'd have known sooner I'd have been to a fair few more games this season. Before this week I was under the impression that all memberships had sold out, so was my Dad, hence not even looking into getting tickets for a match with all the games selling out.

Add to that the fact that, for me personally the last time I remember having a membership was when I was a nipper - we've either had Season tickets (remember when we used to get thrashed by the likes of Arsenal and United at Filbert St. 5-1 etc. - hows that for selective timing?) or just turned upto matches and bought tickets on general sale - as you've been able to do every single season since I've been alive for the past 32 years. So for me and my Dad there's really been no reason to be a member anyway, you could always buy general tickets.

If we weren't top of the league and we were where all of our fans expected us to be at this stage of the season (around 10th position) the games wouldn't be selling out and general release tickets would be freely available to buy with none of this bitching and moaning - but I doubt you, and certainly I, foresaw this season happening -  8 points clear at the top of the Premier League with 7 games remaining.

i have a question, if i bought 2 season tickets but cant get to some matches due to my location can these be borrowed for entry price on match day for games i cant attend??

Borrowed for entry price on match day? Do you mean can you lend your season ticket to someone? Yes, or you could even get a paper ticket printed for a specific game and give that on

yeah i'm from London, so what i meant was if i could not attend. Could i then advertise here for 2x tickets to try recuperate some money for midweek games etc

Thanks

You can advertise all you like as long as you have 2 spare home game tickets at face value.And i think you have to knock a fiver on and go to the club shop to get it printed.

Who do I complain to? This should go to trading standards!

Archived