Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Guvnor

Membership - SOLD OUT

I'm not sure why you've posted this because because it seems to be pretty much what i was saying. yet you're writing it as if you disagree with me.

Apologies if I've misunderstood

may be my writing really! all the minimising and restoring the window i lose my train of thought.

my point is members may pay to get to the front of the queue for home tickets but i would speculate they would spend more over a season than a season ticket holder does if they buy tickets for every game. 

may be my writing really! all the minimising and restoring the window i lose my train of thought.

my point is members may pay to get to the front of the queue for home tickets but i would speculate they would spend more over a season than a season ticket holder does if they buy tickets for every game. 

Isn't that the whole benefit of getting a season ticket though? That you will pay less over the course of a season.

I remember a few years ago when we were in the Championship and they were doing £5 or £10 tickets and season ticket holders were in uproar because the amount of times they'd done it meant that getting a season ticket was almost not even cheaper

I had a gold membership last year and didn't think it was particularly worth it (I buy two so that I can take people so £160 for little gain). 

This year I decided to go for the basic fox membership thinking that it would suffice but have had to upgrade to silver since then. If we're gonna carry on like this then we genuinely need a stadium expansion.

Isn't that the whole benefit of getting a season ticket though? That you will pay less over the course of a season.

I remember a few years ago when we were in the Championship and they were doing £5 or £10 tickets and season ticket holders were in uproar because the amount of times they'd done it meant that getting a season ticket was almost not even cheaper

true. but then comes the arguement of "if members are paying to get to the front, and paying more money, its fine to do so because the ST holders get the better deal?" 

true. but then comes the arguement of "if members are paying to get to the front, and paying more money, its fine to do so because the ST holders get the better deal?" 

Paying to get to the front? But the season ticket holder already has a ticket so I don't see your point

Paying to get to the front? But the season ticket holder already has a ticket so I don't see your point

so if a ST holder has a ticket, and member have to pay to get tickets and then pay more for said tickets i cannot see the problem ST holders would have with members going infront of them for home matches. 

I might be incredibly naïve but what is the problem with the club still selling silver memberships? Why should the club cap memberships? If a silver member doesn't get a ticket then its surely their fault and not the clubs as there are still tickets available when it goes to silver. If a silver member wants a ticket that desperately they will do everything to get one at the first minute they become available.

Unless people are suggesting that there will be so many silver members that some of them will miss out at midnight as every single silver member will be on at midnight buying the tickets and they sell out at 00:05 am.

Like I said I could be naïve in that way of thinking. I'm not a member so I am happy to be enlightened.

Let me try to enlighten you. I am a silver member, I was on the shambles that is LCFC Direct at midnight

with no joy, I was back on this morning with no joy, my wife has been trying to phone the ticket office since

08.50 with no joy, the tickets are now sold out and I haven't got one.

I bought my membership and made my commitment at the start of the season.

I have no issue missing out to ST holders and gold members who made a stronger

commitment than me at the start of the season. I do however have an issue missing

out to people who have bought memberships this morning, many of who probably

have had no interest in Leicester before now.

Let me try to enlighten you. I am a silver member, I was on the shambles that is LCFC Direct at midnight

with no joy, I was back on this morning with no joy, my wife has been trying to phone the ticket office since

commitment than me at the start of the season. I do however have an issue missing

Now that is shit. If you have made the effort and not managed to get one then I totally agree. Hope you manage to get a ticket one way or another

This was the point I was trying to make earlier, probably not in the right way. I bet if the website had been working it would have still sold out in a few hours. I'm sorry you didn't get a ticket, only thing I can say is keep going back online as tickets do tend to come available. 

Now that is shit. If you have made the effort and not managed to get one then I totally agree. Hope you manage to get a ticket one way or another

This was the point I was trying to make earlier, probably not in the right way. I bet if the website had been working it would have still sold out in a few hours. I'm sorry you didn't get a ticket, only thing I can say is keep going back online as tickets do tend to come available.

Cheers guys, here's hoping.

If I become a silver member is there a good chance of getting tickets for the remaining home games? I don't really understand how the allocation priority works etc.? any help greatly appreciated.

If I become a silver member is there a good chance of getting tickets for the remaining home games? I don't really understand how the allocation priority works etc.? any help greatly appreciated.

There is only Everton at home left now so getting a membership would increase your chance but paying £40 for one game and then having to pay for your ticket seems OTT.

Also silver doesnt guarantee a ticket anymore. The way it works is gold generally have a week to buy their tickets then silver a week before city fox come in, the problem at the moment is all gold members snap up tickets meaning minimal left for silver.

I am a silver member and have managed to get tickets when I have tried (was gold last year) but I will definitely be going back to gold next year.

There is only Everton at home left now so getting a membership would increase your chance but paying £40 for one game and then having to pay for your ticket seems OTT.

Also silver doesnt guarantee a ticket anymore. The way it works is gold generally have a week to buy their tickets then silver a week before city fox come in, the problem at the moment is all gold members snap up tickets meaning minimal left for silver.

I am a silver member and have managed to get tickets when I have tried (was gold last year) but I will definitely be going back to gold next year.

Thanks, a lot more helpful than a few people on the Swansea thread who seem very angry amongst themselves!

I've posted about this issue quite a few times and I can't resist it when a new topic comes up! The narcissist in me I suppose.

Essentially, most would agree that the most committed supporters deserve access to tickets.

By committing to an ST up front, the 23k fans who do this give massive reliable backing in terms of both finance and attendance (I know there will be a few who miss a lot of games but it's an exception).

However, they are getting something for this investment, a ticket for every game.

The only difference between a gold, silver or city fox member is the amount they paid. Apart from the different badge (ooh), the tangible product you get with each level is identical.

I would have paid for a gold membership if it included, for example, a bottom category match ticket - you should get something more than higher priority if you pay £60 more than a city fox.

Within the membership structure, you are literally buying yourself up the queue and nothing more.

I don't blame any fan for signing up for gold or silver as the system is what it is and I may well end up paying £40 purely to earn the chance to get Everton tickets as who knows when this kind of season will happen again.

However that doesn't mean it's right. I'd like to see a fairer system next season but with the capacity as it is and the prospect of European football I don't hold out much hope.

The net result is that the club has made a five figure sum by offering priority for cash.

I'm in the same boat. Thought I haven't yet missed out on a home I've wanted to go to, I was on the website at just after midnight when it appeared to be down. I managed to get 2 Swansea tickets (for me and my old man) two rows apart at about 8.45am this morning

What a complete waste of time having the basic Fox Membership, obviously I realise this season has been unique for demand but there are never any tickets available. I have had gold and silver previously just wondered how other members have faired with the various options, of course excluding season tickets.

It is frustrating I have supported Leicester city all my life been watching City from the seventies, have travelled to Hereford, Swindon, Bristol Rovers etc in league one and attended at least 25% of all home games prior to the last two years. I have lived in the West Country for the last 15 years, like to watch with the wife and my two boy's. To buy a gold membership would be £300 which just gives you access to tickets. It does seem that the only way to guarantee 4 seats together next season is to bite the bullet and buy Gold membership.

Always been a member as I work weird shifts and can't make night matches due to work, been a silver member these last two seasons and never had problems getting tickets for any game I've wished to attend this season but if I can't get a ticket for the Everton game I'm done with the club!

Always been a member as I work weird shifts and can't make night matches due to work, been a silver member these last two seasons and never had problems getting tickets for any game I've wished to attend this season but if I can't get a ticket for the Everton game I'm done with the club!

How many tickets are you entitled to (seated together) as a Silver member?

How many tickets are you entitled to (seated together) as a Silver member?

You can link in another member to your membership, usually a family member and by doing that you can purchase more than one ticket (on yours and their behalf). However, that still doesn't entitle you to have seats next to each other.

Ok thanks for the info guys. Is there any chance if I get a Silver membership and add my Dad that we could get tickets for the Everton game then do you think - ie. have there been any home games which have sold out before silver members could buy tickets? I realise with it being the last home game of the season tickets will go like hot cakes on a cold day but I really am desperate to soak up the some atmosphere and get to a game this season - otherwise we'll probably have to buy Chelsea tickets and sit with their home fans! :E

Archived