Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Community Shield

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Any advice for parking on Sunday? I don't mind going partly by tube if easier, but my knowledge of London is a bit poor re: driving. Thanks. 

You can probably find parking near either Stanmore station, or Canons Park station. Single yellow lines will be fine as its a Sunday. Both stations are only a few stops away from Wembley Park on the jubilee line

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

Any advice for parking on Sunday? I don't mind going partly by tube if easier, but my knowledge of London is a bit poor re: driving. Thanks. 

can park at Watford or Stanmore and catch the tube (Metropolitan - purple; Jubilee - silver/grey). Both of these pass through Wembley Park. I'd advise getting to Watford/Stanmore early.

You driving from Leicester?

wembley.PNG

1 minute ago, supedaj said:

You can probably find parking near either Stanmore station, or Canons Park station. They are only a few stops away from Wembley Park on the jubilee line

Cheers buddy! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

can park at Watford or Stanmore and catch the tube (Metropolitan - purple; Jubilee - silver/grey). Both of these pass through Wembley Park. I'd advise getting to Watford/Stanmore early.

You driving from Leicester?

wembley.PNG

Well i'm driving from Exeter (stag do) but go north afterwards. They sound like good shouts, thank you mate. 

I'm getting the train and then the tube.

slightly regretting it now mind as getting home is going to be a nightmare. Will be waiting hours for a tube back into London on a Sunday! May not even make the last train home to Leicester

2 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

slightly regretting it now mind as getting home is going to be a nightmare. Will be waiting hours for a tube back into London on a Sunday! May not even make the last train home to Leicester

I very much doubt it will take you 5 hours to get from Wembley to St Pancras. 

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I very much doubt it will take you 5 hours to get from Wembley to St Pancras. 

Probably not but you never know! Both teams will be going for it. I didn't really think it through with it being Sunday as well.

45 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

You do realise there is a tube every couple of minutes 

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

You will be fine. I was at a concert last summer at Wembley and even though we were round the other side of the stadium in top tier we were only about an hour before we got on a tube, very well organised underground staff all the way down Wembley way holding crowd in phases to stop crushing but carriages will be very full - you can get jubilee or metropolitan line into city

4 hours ago, n222nap said:

Have a £20 bus ticket return to Wembley if anyone needs one. It's from Hinckley...

I am NOT interested but for future reference, can I ask if this is a one off to Wembley or whether it is a regular bus travel for away days?

Reason I ask is because I am based in Hinckley and don't know of any regular away day bus services.

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

Didn't think there would be on a Sunday, hope you're correct. Never been Wembley or had to catch a tube in London. So I know nothing 

Yep even on a Sunday they are about every 4 minutes all day

No need to worry You'll be fine it's just the same as catching a train plus everything is well signposted out in the stations 

Yep when you're at Wembley Park Station you'll want to get a Met Line tube back towards Aldgate as that will stop at Kings Cross St Pancras International.

Some other Met Line tubes go to Baker Street. You can still get this train to Kings Cross St Pancras but will need to change on to a Circle Line (yellow) or Hammersmith & City Line (pink).

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yep when you're at Wembley Park Station you'll want to get a Met Line tube back towards Aldgate as that will stop at Kings Cross St Pancras International.

Some other Met Line tubes go to Baker Street. You can still get this train to Kings Cross St Pancras but will need to change on to a Circle Line (yellow) or Hammersmith & City Line (pink).

What about Euston station? What tube do you get back for that

Archived